Riccardo Calafiori - D LC - Bologna (6 Viewers)

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Schira confirming this as well, I hope it happens. I’ve been watching him since he’s been connected to Juve, he’s a beast. Danilo can hit the bench. I really hope he doesn’t play for Allegri though.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I can't be the only one who thinks it very unlikely that we're going to take Motta plus three of Bologna's best players with our budget. Sounds like the sort of story journos like to write, like Bologna are having a sale. If they make the CL (with us) then it's almost certainly not happening.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I can't be the only one who thinks it very unlikely that we're going to take Motta plus three of Bologna's best players with our budget. Sounds like the sort of story journos like to write, like Bologna are having a sale. If they make the CL (with us) then it's almost certainly not happening.
The big question is if Bologna will assign Allegri as their head coach.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Schira confirming this as well, I hope it happens. I’ve been watching him since he’s been connected to Juve, he’s a beast. Danilo can hit the bench. I really hope he doesn’t play for Allegri though.
I hope Danilo leaves soon tbh. Made a clear regression this season compared to the previous years (when he was never anywhere close to world class).

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
There's a close to 0% chance that we get the other two.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I hope Danilo leaves soon tbh. Made a clear regression this season compared to the previous years (when he was never anywhere close to world class).
tbf, I actually like older defenders, it’s the one position where I think experience actually matters. He’s regressed but he’d still be useful as a squad player imo. I don’t think he’s as washed as Bonucci was. I just don’t want him as a starter.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
tbf, I actually like older defenders, it’s the one position where I think experience actually matters. He’s regressed but he’d still be useful as a squad player imo. I don’t think he’s as washed as Bonucci was. I just don’t want him as a starter.
Danilo could still be useful, also in a back 4 in a hybrid formation where he stays back when we attack and create 3 man defence. Same goes for rugani who is cheap and pretty good.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Danilo could still be useful, also in a back 4 in a hybrid formation where he stays back when we attack and create 3 man defence. Same goes for rugani who is cheap and pretty good.
the guy we gotta keep is Huijsen. He is tailor made for Mottas style of play because of his ability on the ball. Motta pretty much uses his CBs as midfielders in possession.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
the guy we gotta keep is Huijsen. He is tailor made for Mottas style of play because of his ability on the ball. Motta pretty much uses his CBs as midfielders in possession.
True but I have no idea what is our plan when we have Bremer, Huijsen, Gatti, Danilo, Rugani, Djalo and possibly Calafiori.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
True but I have no idea what is our plan when we have Bremer, Huijsen, Gatti, Danilo, Rugani, Djalo and possibly Calafiori.
bremer is gone either this summer or next year. calafiori and huijsen could be the long term solutions, but huijsen doesn't look like a guy who will settle for long. the others are squad player level guys (of course i don't know djaló at all, so the remark refers to the others)

i want calafiori because italians are more likely to consider juventus their final destination. if we can afford this guy then we should sign him. he legitimately looks like a complete defender prospect. he's so good for his age already and he's still very young

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Didn't Motta use 3-5-2 formation at Spezia and I am sure his tactical flexibility is one of the reasons we are hiring him.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Didn't Motta use 3-5-2 formation at Spezia and I am sure his tactical flexibility is one of the reasons we are hiring him.
idk about what he did at spezia but he essentially uses a three man backline in possession with Bologna, except he’s got one of his Fbs as a CB with Calafiori moving up into the midfield.

barbieri is another guy we should keep. Outside of Cambiaso we really don’t have any FBs for his system.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
bremer is gone either this summer or next year. calafiori and huijsen could be the long term solutions, but huijsen doesn't look like a guy who will settle for long. the others are squad player level guys (of course i don't know djaló at all, so the remark refers to the others)

i want calafiori because italians are more likely to consider juventus their final destination. if we can afford this guy then we should sign him. he legitimately looks like a complete defender prospect. he's so good for his age already and he's still very young
Huijsen will surely bring us a hefty sum though. It's worth keeping him just for that, because he is potentially a 80m defender. I don't mean he will be a world beater, but his nationality and attacking drive should easily wind up his price.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)