Return of Appiah.....WTF? (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 28, 2002
Id take Appiah over frings. At time Appiah looked great, but at times his tackling was shite and he couldnt pass.

BUT he does have the potential despite his age, id take him back. But i would prefer Mavuba.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Id take Appiah over frings. At time Appiah looked great, but at times his tackling was shite and he couldnt pass.

BUT he does have the potential despite his age, id take him back. But i would prefer Mavuba.
thing is about Appiah is that his best position is as an attacking midfielder and imo he needs to cover him just like Ghana did in the WC or Brescia did in the league a while back.

Mar 14, 2004
All I remember about Appiah is no defensive skills, decent shot but can't hold on the the freakin' ball...so what if DP loves him...we need QUALITY in midfield.
As I remember,he hold on the ball in a derby with AC Milan when we won 2-1 I think(Del Piero's overhead assist to Treze)....He was all over the pitch,both defending and attacking....man of the match I think....

And even if he can't defend....I see that retarded Cappelo's system "Everyone to defend,few to attack" still roams around inside many fans....

Jul 2, 2006
As I remember,he hold on the ball in a derby with AC Milan when we won 2-1 I think(Del Piero's overhead assist to Treze)....He was all over the pitch,both defending and attacking....man of the match I think....

And even if he can't defend....I see that retarded Cappelo's system "Everyone to defend,few to attack" still roams around inside many fans....
We won 1-0

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003

If you don't defend you go nowhere...if I want a guy in the mid to attack, Appiah wouldn't be on my list...would he be in yours?

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
All I remember about Appiah is no defensive skills, decent shot but can't hold on the the freakin' ball...so what if DP loves him...we need QUALITY in midfield.
I'll have to disagree.

Appiah is more than capable in defending, he's showing that during the World Cup, he was even better than his mate Essien in Germany. He played only one season under Lippi 03-04, that was actually a very bad season for us. where almost all the team failed to deliver that time.

When Capello took charge of the team he was always a sub....I guess you can't really judge on him on that way. But again, from what I've seen during the World Cup, he's up to it.

Mar 14, 2004
If you don't defend you go nowhere...if I want a guy in the mid to attack, Appiah wouldn't be on my list...would he be in yours?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLIf I may say: BULLSHIT.............

barcelona? name one from there that can defenf from midfield.....and then go in the absys of quietness....

Oh no.....you cdan name Motta...and then I'll say LOL :)

Mar 14, 2004
Name chelsea,they have a 5 man midfield and only makelele defends......you can name the rest but that's a fiction.

Ok,Liv'pool midfield defends but their success in Europe was a pure luck.....
Milan defends with Gattuso,rest of them atttack.

ManU....if you think that Scholes and Carrick are capable defending then I'm a nytro rabbit....

Those teams ATTACK and all that Cappelo's system(that you support) does is defend and attack on counter attacks(with our super pacy attack)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)