Return of Appiah.....WTF? (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2006
Appiah is a good solid play who seemed like he could not link passes for a while when he was here, but now he seems to be doing alot better and was very good in the world cup even though he was played on the right.

He is also a good personality and the captain of his national team. I like him alot and feel Capello screwed tacchi and him over .. but now capello screwed himself over and is coach of madrid so thy can come back. If it is for the 4 million price quote then even better cuz I think we sold him for 6 anyway.

Plus Gianni is leaving and i think one of either paro or marchisio will go on loan next season

But for me the important thing is locking down Mavuba, he could be a central figure next season and is top class.

After that then we can focus on bringing appiah and maby a offensive mid in if possible.

malducato1

Dec 26, 2005
I always liked this guy and felt he never had enough time to fully settle in to the squad. He show true class in the world cup, this guy is underratted and if we can get him for 4 mil I much rather do that then spend 6 mil on aged cluade makele.

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
I still remember the comments against him after the 1-1 draw in the game vs Cagliari 2 years ago :D
Anyway, he proved in the WC that he is a very good player

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I would rather we got Frings. I don't think we should be spending too much of our cash on one position, it needs to be spread around as we must strengthen many areas of the side.

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
oh man that slalom run and acute shot for tha goal by appiah against cagliari 2 seasons ago absolutly audacious.
ya but it was the last match, we already bagged the scudetto, Caligari had nothing to loose. It was more of a celebration match....But ya it was great! And his celebration was funky :D

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
We need to move on. Im not a fan of bringing old players back. He woudl certainly help, but id rather we turn over a new page and go for some1 like Mavuba, Gilberto, etc.

Mar 30, 2006
We need to move on. Im not a fan of bringing old players back. He woudl certainly help, but id rather we turn over a new page and go for some1 like Mavuba, Gilberto, etc.
I think we will go for new players like mavuba but appiah would be useful to have around .. he is versatile and tough .. he also knows the club and team well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)