Return of Appiah.....WTF? (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Name chelsea,they have a 5 man midfield and only makelele defends......you can name the rest but that's a fiction.

Ok,Liv'pool midfield defends but their success in Europe was a pure luck.....
Milan defends with Gattuso,rest of them atttack.

ManU....if you think that Scholes and Carrick are capable defending then I'm a nytro rabbit....

Those teams ATTACK and all that Cappelo's system(that you support) does is defend and attack on counter attacks(with our super pacy attack)

Carrick is better at defending than people give him credit for but his is prmarily in the team for his range of passing.

The chelsea and Liverpool midfields, while not packed with defensive players does have player who are good at getting behind the ball, much the same as Milan.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Mar 14, 2004
Edmilson:DAnd Marquez can be used as a DM too;):p

LOL,that's one or two(as you named CB ad DM's) that defends in 5-man midfield.... that's a lughable fact.....

But we wend offtopic...........Mark said that he cant defend...and that I tottaly disagree cuz I watched many games from Appsiah. Second of all,if we do want to make an attacking midfield it's better to acquire an hard working CM like Stephen than some lazy and skillful AM like Carvalho or Anderson(porto)....

Mar 14, 2004
Carrick is better at defending than people give him credit for but his is prmarily in the team for his range of passing.

The chelsea and Liverpool midfields, while not packed with defensive players does have player who are good at getting behind the ball, much the same as Milan.

maybe but I claim that appiah is better at defending thane any ManU midfielder and any Milan midfielder except Gattuso.....

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLIf I may say: BULLSHIT.............

barcelona? name one from there that can defenf from midfield.....and then go in the absys of quietness....

Oh no.....you cdan name Motta...and then I'll say LOL :)
lol

Edmilson, Marquez sometimes...I can't name Motta....Iniesta is very good at both.

In Spain they don't know what defense is...attacking style football is great for Europe .

You need a mix of both, more defense for the Serie A and more offense for the CL.

Appiah can get the ball once in a while but looks like he doesn't know what to do with it after. With Juve he played too deep and wanted to play behind the strikers. So like I said, I'd prefer having a real trequartista than Appiah behind the forwards.

Jul 28, 2002
Name chelsea,they have a 5 man midfield and only makelele defends......you can name the rest but that's a fiction.

Ok,Liv'pool midfield defends but their success in Europe was a pure luck.....
Milan defends with Gattuso,rest of them atttack.

ManU....if you think that Scholes and Carrick are capable defending then I'm a nytro rabbit....

Those teams ATTACK and all that Cappelo's system(that you support) does is defend and attack on counter attacks(with our super pacy attack)
Football isnt all about defending and Attacking players. Defending isnt always about tackling.

Liverpool and Chelsea pack their midfield. ALL their players defend. Especially their midfielders, however they also have the freedom to attack, unlike Cappello's system.

Carrick and Scholes do defend, as they close down space and block passing channels. They may not be prolific tacklers but they do the subtle defending very well.

Jul 15, 2006
Skysports.com understands Stephen Appiah could be in line for a return to Juventus.

The Italian giants are weighing up a swoop for the Ghanaian midfielder as they prepare for life back in Serie A next season.

Appiah looks set to leave Fenerbahce in the summer as he seeks a new challenge.

The dynamic midfielder spent two seasons at Juventus before making the move to Fenerbahce in 2005 and he is still highly-regarded in Turin.

Juve boss Didier Deschamps is keen to bolster his midfield options next season and he is believed to be a big fan of Appiah.

It is believed Appiah's representatives have travelled to Turin to hold talks with Juve officials and if negotiations are successful the African could make a return to the Bianconeri.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx...&lid=8&title=Juve+eye+Appiah+return&channel=&

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Appiah is now more exp than ever and probably is a better choice than Almiron,
but dont forget that Juve has never bought back a player we sold...
maybe Toure would be a better choice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)