Rate our 2010 Mercato (1 Viewer)

Rate our mercato (# out of 5; higher is better)

Results are only viewable after voting.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
I've tried to make sense of it all. This debacle of a mercato and the only explanation that comes to mind is that this 'new' Juve has tried to accomplish a few things:

1) Clean up Secco & Co.'s mess; their signings, their wage structure, etc.
2) Reinforcing each department of the team on a limited budget
3) Find new homes for players past their day OR while they can still bring in some $$

There was a lot to be done to revamp this team and it had to be done in a very short time period. People on here always complained about the likes of Zebina, Grosso, Legro, Sissoko, Amauri, etc. All these positions now see a different player. Sure, they're far from great but with a 50m budget I think it was very naive to expect world class players in each of these positions.

Pros: Krasic :xfinger:, Aquilani :xfinger:, Bonucci :xfinger:, Storari
+/-: Motta, Quag, Pepe, Martinez
Cons: Diego (maybe)

I'm willing to give this management, Marotta & Co., one more year before I wage Jihad on them.

Anyway, this was me trying to stay positive :boh:
:tup:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
ok, here we go.

Keepers:

We got last year's best(or close to it) keeper in Italy in Storari to replace the injured Buffon. We paid 4.5m € for him. Could they have got him for a bit less? Maybe but that's not a big deal. Very good addition.

Costantino. For the Primavera and 3rd choice with Bonassi. Not really important.

Chimenti out. Excellent! Well, he was good as a motivator.

Defense:

Motta. Wasn't my 1st choice, or 2nd, 3rd...Was good in training. Didn't pay much. Should learn to defend better.

Bonucci. Nice prospect. Can he handle the pressure of stating for Juve? It remains to be seen. Price a bit high.

Rinaudo. 4th choice, we'll probably see a lot of Legro. Not my cup of team. Won't hurt being on the bench. Hoping for no injuries.

Traoré. A loan. Would have preferred a more complete fullback. Not my 1st, 2nd...choice. Should have done better. Can't start all year with Paolo.

Players out. Molinaro, Canna, Criscito, Zebina...Good.

Midfield:

Pepe: Never rated him. Plays hard and that's it. No real talent. Don't like this deal. 2.6m loan and 7.5m buyback is abysmal.

Lanzafame: backup. Didn't cost us anything. Don't want to see him start a lot.

Martinez: I liked him at Catania. 12m is a bit high. See him more as a support striker. He could do well for us. If he's not injured.

Krasic: Very good. Not a lot of right wingers available. Could have used his will to come here to lower the price tag but I won't complain. He's here.

Aquilani. Injuries is the only negative in this.

Mids out. Poulsen, Diego and Camo. It was time for Camo to leave. Wouldn't have sold Diego at all. Was doing very well so far this season and COULD play with a forward next/in front of him. Don't understand this one. Stupid move. We better have an option for Dzeko and even that, I could have seen them play together. I'll see that in the Budesliga. Different league but will be nice to see. Poulsen didn't hurt us. Can pass much better than Momo. Could have stayed if a good offer for Momo was on the table. I don't know what's happening to him. Doesn't even run, tackle...like before.

Forwards:

Trez out. ok but can we make some money on these guys? ok so we saved on wages.

Quag? What? Come on! 4th/5th choice ok but we have DP getting older, Iaq injured all the time, Amauri injured and not a 20 goal scorer. We needed that guy who banged goals for fun. You fail Marotta.

loans/co-ownership...

I'll just name a few. Marrone, Immobile, Iago, Giovinco, Pasquato, Tiago...

Could have kept Seba, Marrone and Pasquato but I guess they thought these palyers would play more elsewhere. Hey Beppe! They're Italian!!!

Palla, Almiron, Ekdal, Ariaudo, Esposito...

Would have kept Ekdal as backup. Ariaudo could have done the job as 4th choice CB.

I'll give em' a 3.

This doesn't count but for the Primavera I'll give them a 5. Great job Fabio. :tup:

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
the fact that we did not sign further strikers will be a problem. why the hell did we let Trez go, when we are not signing any other striker? now we have only Amauri, DP, Iaquinta and Qualia (not allowed to play in europe league). this will be a problem this season. I would have signed Huntelar or Bezema..

And why the hell do we pay 12 Mio for Martinez?? I was wondering why he is not playing at the world cup? he is even not good enough for Uruguay.. I hope he will prove me wrong.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
so technically we cant judge the merits of this mercato until the end of the 2013 season, and even then we have to look at the team and see which position we didnt fill right, now, and if by a miracle that position is filled successfully in-house, a la chiellini, then we should also see that failure as of course a success...

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
so technically we cant judge the merits of this mercato until the end of the 2013 season, and even then we have to look at the team and see which position we didnt fill right, now, and if by a miracle that position is filled successfully in-house, a la chiellini, then we should also see that failure as of course a success...
How did you come to that conclusion?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)