Rate Juve's mercato (1 Viewer)

Rate our mercato

Results are only viewable after voting.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
We lost to Bayern and got to the final in 14/15 on the back of mostly Tevez (once in a lifetime deal) and Morata who was sold and happens to live for the big games.

It's unrealistic to think you can just keep digging in the bargain bin forever and expect to win CLs.
Ah, ok.

I didn't realise competing was just another word for winning.

I also didn't realise the way in which we won against RM was a fluke & wouldn't happen again without Higuain. He must be really great.

Buy on AliExpress.com

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Quiet year for La Liga, RM and Barca seem happy with the squads they have and Atletico managed not to sell Griezmann so don't have to make their annual superstar striker signing. Other than that pretty standard numbers, I don't think it's that different from what you would expect.

In regards to our midfield, I would not be that worried, we have lots of risky options there, but in the end there are 3 spots (or maximum 4) anyway, it's not like we need all of Khedira, Asamoah and Marchisio fit all the time to have a functioning midfield for example.

8/10 for me, felt we could've got more for 90m than Higuain, that type of money might have got us Griezmann or some other younger star player. Don't care much about weakening Napoli, it's not like they were that close us with Higuain.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Quiet year for La Liga, RM and Barca seem happy with the squads they have and Atletico managed not to sell Griezmann so don't have to make their annual superstar striker signing. Other than that pretty standard numbers, I don't think it's that different from what you would expect.

In regards to our midfield, I would not be that worried, we have lots of risky options there, but in the end there are 3 spots (or maximum 4) anyway, it's not like we need all of Khedira, Asamoah and Marchisio fit all the time to have a functioning midfield for example.

8/10 for me, felt we could've got more for 90m than Higuain, that type of money might have got us Griezmann or some other younger star player. Don't care much about weakening Napoli, it's not like they were that close us with Higuain.
Whether Griezmann is "more than Higuain" is very much up for debate. Higuain is much more of a proven asset and Griezmann is also a completely different type of player, not your typical lone forward.

Basel93

Dec 24, 2014
8/10. Would've been 9 had we signed another midfielder.
Attack = Upgraded
Midfield = weakened a bit, though has potential
Defense = Upgraded

Kind of irritating that we didn't have a plan for Pogba leaving.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Whether Griezmann is "more than Higuain" is very much up for debate. Higuain is much more of a proven asset and Griezmann is also a completely different type of player, not your typical lone forward.
Well 3 years from now Griezmann will still be worth a lot of money, 31yo Higuain could probably be sold for around 25m. And it's not like we needed the lone forward so much, Higuain has space in the squad because we parted ways with both Zaza and Morata and pushed Mandzukič down in the pecking order.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I rate it 9/10 because it is as close to perfect as it can get. Our defence is stacked, wing backs are stacked, midfield in terms of quality is the same as last season and attack is greatly improved. We sold potential with Pogba, not a guarantee. I have my doubts about Pjanic, but those doubts are that he is a fair weather player - something that Pogba very much was too for us.

I don't see how signing fucking Witsel or some other decent depth would've been enough for some people here to go a grade up or down. That's cosmetics.

- - - Updated - - -

We have 7 CM's for three spots.

But 2/3 of our starting midfield is injured or injury prone. Pjanic is great, but he can't do it all alone. Lemina is one to watch, I hope we see real progression from him this season. Hernanes and Sturaro are pure crap.

Eljo

Nov 29, 2013
7/10.
We made some great signings.
We must get one CM in this mercato.
So, 1 negative thing outweighs the many positives so much, that u drop 3 grades? I would be very grateful if you an explain that way of thinking. Not making a joke or taking a jab or anything, I genuinely want to understand, given how many people have given lower grades, but are only "mad" about 1 thing - not buying a CM.

7 here , we still miss a solid midfielder.
Only 1 "bad" thing, but you chop of 3 grades? Why?

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
But 2/3 of our starting midfield is injured or injury prone. Pjanic is great, but he can't do it all alone. Lemina is one to watch, I hope we see real progression from him this season. Hernanes and Sturaro are pure crap.
pls, grow up. both are solid backup options, Sturaro has already played some big games in his career and stood his ground against opponents rated much higher. Hernanes is good enough as regista backup, the guy could be a starter for at least half of Serie A clubs.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Ah, ok.

I didn't realise competing was just another word for winning.

I also didn't realise the way in which we won against RM was a fluke & wouldn't happen again without Higuain. He must be really great.
:sergio: this whole post

Who do you suggest we should have signed instead of Higuain?

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I would like to see the 2015 and 2014 rate the mercato thread, any links?
I remember giving last mercato a 7/5/10 and would have given it a 9 if we landed a top AM...instead we signed Hernanes.

I've given this mercato an 8.5 (but leaning towards a 9/10), and I clearly think we've strengthened the squad everywhere but midfield...but I wonder if we are going to make a signing in January...

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
8/10. Would've been 9 had we signed another midfielder.
Attack = Upgraded
Midfield = weakened a bit, though has potential
Defense = Upgraded

Kind of irritating that we didn't have a plan for Pogba leaving.
I wonder if Andre Gomes was the original intended Pogba replacement...

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Well 3 years from now Griezmann will still be worth a lot of money, 31yo Higuain could probably be sold for around 25m. And it's not like we needed the lone forward so much, Higuain has space in the squad because we parted ways with both Zaza and Morata and pushed Mandzukič down in the pecking order.
We're not thinking about 3 years from now. We're obviously making a CL push for the periode in which Buffon and BBC are still playing.

Jun 6, 2015

Griezmann wasn't available. Who are those other young star players that can offer anything close to what Higuain does?

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Ok so its my turn.

Incomings

Pjanic
This was a piece of masterstroke. Im still amazed we got him and picking out the release clause and then paying for it was a smart buy.

Higuain
Obviously you cant doubt Higuain's quality but the price was and is shocking. Yes its another release clause but 90m is no excuse, this was somewhat disappointing, especially when his a player who will never have as a high resale value. Great player but we overpaid, a bit too much.

Pjaca

So much talent and potential, this time we had to overpay for it but its worth it because of the resale value and hopefully Allegri gets the best out of him. Im slightly sceptic we can and whether he suits our system but either way this one will be judged as the season go on. As with all rating mercato you can only base it on what you know and Pjaca, we know very little about..

Lemina
It was very important to take up the option and Marotta was shrewed in bringing him in. I got high hopes for Lemina, still raw but we cant forget this was actually a signing.

Cuadrado
What a signing. Really happy with this one. This along with Pjanic for me has to be amongst the best buys. He fits our system like a glove fits the hand and was instrumental last season.

Benatia
Impressive signing but its one which will hinder Rugani's progress. So im so-so about this. Benatia will obviously increase quality which is good in short term but in developing our own youths (giving confidence to others) and bringing them up then this wasnt a good sign.

Alves
Strengthens the right flank and adds serious competition. Alves brings massive experience and was a shrewed signing and best of all for free.

Outgoings

Pogba
To this day, I cant hide my disappointment with how we dealt with this transfer. Of course pogba and Raiola played huge part but we and our policies (which I dont agree with) let us down. We forgot a players valuation. This is a huge disappointment, we should have demanded more (Especially when you consider how much we spent on Higuain) and then we even bought the guy a house and paid bulk of raiola's fees. Seriously this is one messed up sale and im really disappointed how we handled this.

Morata
Well we cant do much about this, he was a goner. So this cant play any influence on a rating and shouldnt do either.

Pereyra
Slightly disappointed with him going, yet hernanes stays. I like pereyra and I honestly believe he could have contributed a lot more for us. Should have kept.

Zaza
When you spend big in the market you need to make up the money. Zaza was exactly that. His value rose, but to be honest I see this guy's value rising even higher. Its a good sale monetary wise.

Isla
Just glad we finally did it.

Padoin
Good move for him and for us.

Overall 7.4/10

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
@Post Ironic

To answer your question from the other closed thread. I would say a 7.5 or 8

We bought high profile players in Dani Alves, Pjanic and Higuain. We bought promising talents in Pjaca and Lemina. We strengthened our already strong defence in Benatia. We got Cuadrado who was fundamental last season.

We did good business in selling Zaza and Pogba even if I don't agree with business being more important than footballing matters when it comes to a player like Pogba (I know you don't rate him as much as I do and do not even consider his importance on and off the pitch as much as I do, but that's my own opinion about him)

I like how we start our transfer window but despise how desperate we become and put ourselves in, now I was neither convinced by Matuidi or Witsel but we put oursleves in a situation that one of these two was crucial. We had too many ideas and options to complete the squad but none of which succeeded. It would hav been better ha we got one plan and went full throttle for it.

Maybe it's an 8 but I lean more towards a 7.5 because I don't like Higuain. This does not mean I don't rate him.

Also losing Morata sucks but that does not affect this transfer window, it was a fucked up deal back then when we got him.

Jun 6, 2015
Zaza too :sad:

Im just glad we didn't sign that midfielder in the last days. More playing time for Sturaro, Lemina and Mandragora (did he even stay) :weee:
Sadly he is injured and can't play before January I think. Would be completely different situation if he was fit and had a good pre-season under his belt.

I feel Kastanos could be ready to play some games for us if given the chance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)