Rate Juve's mercato (2 Viewers)

Rate our mercato

Results are only viewable after voting.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
9/10.

Would have been 10/10 if we had signed another midfielder.

All in all, we lost 2 important players in Morata and Pogba.

But we brought in 6 great players - Benatia, Alves, Cuadrado, Pjanic, Pjaca, Higuain.

That's talent, prospect, experience, grinta... everything you need to reinforce the squad.

If I'm not forgetting someone, I think we have a squad of 24 players:

GK - Buffon, Neto, Audero
Defence - Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini, Benatia, Rugani, Alves, Licht, Evra, Sandro
Midfield - Pjanic, Marchisio, Khedira, Asamoah, Lemina, Sturaro, Hernanes
Attack - Dybala, Higuain, Pjaca, Mandzukic, Cuadrado

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Our eleven IMO (in our 3-5-2, not my favourite but seems It works) and first 3 sub choices
2015-2016
-----------------------Gigi---------------------
-Barza--------BonBon------Chiello----
--JGC---Khedira----Cheesio--Pogba---AS--
-------------Dybala-------Morata-----------

3 Subs: Mandzukic, Zaza, Rugani

2016-2017
-----------------------Gigi---------------------
----Barza--------BonBon------Chiello----
--Alves---Khedira----Cheesio--Pjanic--AS--
-------------Dybala-------Higuain----------

3 Subs: Mandzukic, JGC, Benatia

7/10

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Minus Pogba takes it to a 9 and without a proper Pogba replacement to an 8.

So 8/10.

Great summer from the best directors in football.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
If our midfield falls apart 3/10

If our midfield stays healthy and Pjanic performs 9/10

in other words: makes little to no sense rating the mercato now. but i expect it to be a 8/10 when we look at it in hindsight.

my favourite signing is Benatia. what went wrong in Bayern? oh, well.. we all know the Barzagli-tale :heart:

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
7/10.
We made some great signings like Pjanic first and most important of all especially that we sold Pogba
Then Alves a brilliant move.
Higuain is a excellent signing but clearly we over payed him for something of 30 mil.And he is 29 years.Yes this market was crazy about prices but still.
Benatia is an excellent move.
Pjaca has potential but we have to see what will happen with him with us ,how will he fits here.
Good to get rid of Pereyra /Padoin but to stick with Hernanes?
Witsel is not magician but could help a lot to rotate our mid.
The main thing here is Marchisio.We just say "he is back in October"?Yes and maybe,but in what shape and how much time he will need to be old one?Just remember Vidal /Asamoah after their knee surgeries.They need a year to came in form.
Khedira is an injury prone and a brilliant player.But who will replace him when he will have his muscle problems?
Asamoah/Lemina will go to a fucking AFCON so we must introduce Hernanes as a new Pogba,that's how big role he will have.
Quadrado was excellent move,brilliant.
We must get one CM in this mercato.Not rely on the crazy Zenit's/Lucescu's will.We are bigger than that. Dissapointed for that.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Minus Pogba takes it to a 9 and without a proper Pogba replacement to an 8.

So 8/10.

Great summer from the best directors in football.
It'll be interesting to see how the loss of Pogba will affect us. Luckily I don't think we need "him" until january, when the window is open again, but it will come at a heavy price.

Witsel free in july 2017 :beppe:

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of midfielders.

We need to realise that even a relegated club like Newcastle has some serious financial means, they were de facto ready to pay something around 30m euros for Sissoko. That's some serious money.

Marotta has hit the jackpot with freebies and loanies; that cunning style needs to improve in the coming years. The market aren't likely to deflate nor stagnate. The stereotypical and flavour of the month midfielders of this generation will be expensive as fuck. Looking for and signing young talents must be improved and increased. Here's to italian football waking up and improving their shitty academies.

And yeah, we overpaid for Miss Piggy, but if he scores a combined 40 goals I'll be deal with it.

Aug 12, 2015
I struggle a little bit to rate our mercato, but I have to give a number, than 8.5.
It would be definitiv a 10 if we kept Pogba. And if we brought an other Midfielder (James, Isco, Kovacic, Matuidi) than I would rate it as a 9.5.

But now we are very sparse in the midfield. They are talking about the Champions League title and now the same mistake as last year. I don´t understand it, because we cashed a ton of money (Pogba Millions) and therefor we should have been able to buy anyone!!! The next problem is, we can´t play Allegris preferred lineup (4-3-1-2) because we don´t have enough CM.
ahhhh it´s a little bit frustrated.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
It'll be interesting to see how the loss of Pogba will affect us. Luckily I don't think we need "him" until january, when the window is open again, but it will come at a heavy price.

Witsel free in july 2017 :beppe:

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of midfielders.

We need to realise that even a relegated club like Newcastle has some serious financial means, they were de facto ready to pay something around 30m euros for Sissoko. That's some serious money.

Marotta has hit the jackpot with freebies and loanies; that cunning style needs to improve in the coming years. The market aren't likely to deflate nor stagnate. The stereotypical and flavour of the month midfielders of this generation will be expensive as fuck. Looking for and signing young talents must be improved and increased. Here's to italian football waking up and improving their shitty academies.

And yeah, we overpaid for Miss Piggy, but if he scores a combined 40 goals I'll be deal with it.
u wot m8

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Let's see:

Pjanic: I still have to make up my mind about this guy. I guess he'll do, but it's just not the type of player I would have signed.
Pjaca: Who knows how this will turn out? But I like this signing.
Alves: Meh. Not exactly long term thinking on this one.
Benatia: Good player. But I would have rather put a bit more faith in Rugani, whose career with us now might well be over before it has even started.
Higuain: 90 million :lol:
Cuadrado: Nice one.

Pereyra: Excellent
Pogba: Decent deal. Then again, if you pay 90 for Higuain, Pogba has to be worth at least 200.
Padoin: :cry: :D
Zaza: Decent enough money, but should have kept him.
Morata: Fair enough
Isla: :tup:

Hernanes still here. :tdown:
Evra still here. :tdown:
One (additional) serious injury could cripple us: Immagine this squad without Dybala for example.
The current midfield is a question mark as far as I'm concerned.

Higuain: 90 million :lol:

Oh, and Higuain: 90 million :lol:

4/10 in the end.

delpierofan82

Apr 24, 2005
Overall I think it was quite good 7/10. Buying the likes of Dani Alves, Benatia, Higuain(though I think he's not worth even close to 90m), Pjanic, Pjaca(promising prospective) and Cuadrado. The disappointing thing however is that after selling Pogba for such an enormous price, almost all the discussions were around buying his decent replacement and for the right reasons and eventually we never bought one, even any. That's really sad, especially considering additional money we got after late sellings of Zaza and Pereyera on top of Pogba's 100m.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
4/10... Muppet

So what if we signed Higuain for 90m? He is one of the very few world class #9s in the world. There is no way we could compete with Barca/Bayern/RM etc. without one.

It's not like we've made a huge loss either, the net spend is about even.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Bucky, you're pessimistic about our mercato almost every time ::lol3::
You can drop the "almost" part :D

I can't help but hate transfer windows. One transfer that I absolutely don't agree with is enough to ruin everything for me.

And this time that one deal was giving a shitload of money to Napoli.

- - - Updated - - -

4/10... Muppet

So what if we signed Higuain for 90m? He is one of the very few world class #9s in the world. There is no way we could compete with Barca/Bayern/RM etc. without one.
I seem to vaguely recall us "competing" with Bayern & RM without Higuain not that long ago.

But what do I know, I'm just a muppet anyway.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
I seem to vaguely recall us "competing" with Bayern & RM without Higuain not that long ago.

But what do I know, I'm just a muppet anyway.
We lost to Bayern and got to the final in 14/15 on the back of mostly Tevez (once in a lifetime deal) and Morata who was sold and happens to live for the big games.

It's unrealistic to think you can just keep digging in the bargain bin forever and expect to win CLs.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Some interesting spending numbers. Is Serie A becoming more competitive or just a single window sticking out.

Could also be a sign of lack of homegrown production. Both Germany and Spain have a far more solid base of players to recruit from, which mean they don't have to spend that much to get quality.

The Premiership is just insane.

Premiership: £1165m

Serie A: £590m

Bundesliga: £460m

La Liga: £400m

Ligue 1: £165m

From Deloitte btw.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)