Rate Juve's mercato (2 Viewers)

Rate our mercato

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
7.5/10, opinions are opinions but so many people giving this mercato a 9/10 AKA within touching distance of being perfect are insane. It started off close to perfect sure but we sold Pogba, left ourselves with Hernanes as back up for our injury prone midfield and failed to get any of our midfield targets in over 2 weeks despite selling a World Class talent, instead we ended up taking home a nice profit.

10/10 if you're on the Board.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I rate it 9/10 because it is as close to perfect as it can get. Our defence is stacked, wing backs are stacked, midfield in terms of quality is the same as last season and attack is greatly improved. We sold potential with Pogba, not a guarantee. I have my doubts about Pjanic, but those doubts are that he is a fair weather player - something that Pogba very much was too for us.

I don't see how signing fucking Witsel or some other decent depth would've been enough for some people here to go a grade up or down. That's cosmetics.

- - - Updated - - -

8.5/10. Would have been 9.5/10 if we signed that CM we needed to complete the squad.
We have 7 CM's for three spots.

InterMerda

Feb 9, 2016
Solid 7. It could've been an 8 had we signed a decent MF (Witsel or Matuidi).

It has potential to be a 10/10 mercato depending on Pjaca's development and Pjanic's integration.

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
8/10 I didn't give it a 9 because we didn't get another CM and I didn't give it a 10 because the mercato would have to be perfect. I think a 8 is fair.

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
9 because nothing can take off the great work that the board did so early in the mercato..It was a more solid 9 had we signed Witsel, and a perfect 10 had we sold a world class midfielder but given that we didn't spend a euro and that our only complaint about the squad is that if we have an injury crisis involving 2 players in the midfield we'll suffer against the top 3 teams in the world, I absolutely can't complain

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Solid 7. Made tons o' cash on Pogba, but then got Higuain with most of it.

Still lack our AM. But we were pretty opportunistic with the rest and even invested in some youth.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Fantastic mercato, probably the best since 2001. Beppe managed to get an upgrade on almost every player that left. Bit disappointing to not have that extra CM in the end but I don't think it's the end of the world. Aside from that the only player that is really missing is a #10 like James, although that might not even be necessary depending on how Allegri sets up the team.

Pogba -> Pjanic
Caceres -> Benatia
Padoin -> Dani Alves
Pereyra -> Cuadrado
Zaza -> Pjaca
Morata -> Higuan

All of those are pretty much a clear upgrade, depending on how Pjaca develops though regardless I think having him in the team is more useful than Zaza and aside from Pjanic obviously, though I don't think there's that much difference. I think Pjanic could become more important to the team than Pogba ever was as he has a much stronger passing game. Plus for getting rid of Isla as well.

Overall 9/10. 9.5 if that extra CM was signed and 10/10 for an AM/playmaker like James/Isco/Fabregas etc.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
Could have easily been a 10/10 had Pogs stayed.
9.5 would have been if we got someone like Draxler/James/Isco.
9 if we gotten someone like Witsel/Matuidi (F^ck Zenit!)
so now, as we need to rely on Asa,Sami and Marchi to be fit all the time and Hernanes could potentially be played so much more, it is an 8.

I really do hope Allegri see that with the final addition of Cuads, we have other options to play on the field, 442, 4231 or 3412 is very much a possibility rather than having to play a weak midfield. 4231 could really be very sexy and it would mean seeing Pjaca, Cuads and Dybs to play..

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
This summer mercato was half good, half terrible and It takes this mercato from a 9 to a 7 in my opinion.

rndmlgnd

Oct 29, 2015
I really do hope Allegri see that with the final addition of Cuads, we have other options to play on the field, 442, 4231 or 3412 is very much a possibility rather than having to play a weak midfield. 4231 could really be very sexy and it would mean seeing Pjaca, Cuads and Dybs to play..
Yeah, this could actually prove to be a good thing. I'm not so sure Higuain is fitted for the 3-5-2 anyways.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Ok to sum up (squad this year vs squad last year - Cuadrado was in the squad last year)

GKs

IN: <None> (Audero promoted)
OUT: Rubinho

DEF:

IN: Alves, Benatia
OUT: Caceres

MID:

IN: Pjanic, Mandragora
OUT: Pogba, Padoin, Pereyra

FWD:

IN: Higuain, Pjaca
OUT: Morata, Zaza

Basically the team is unquestionably stronger in Defense and Attack. Midfield is weaker. We are down on midfield numbers and quality there.

Overall it would be a 7.5 out of 10 for me.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Gave it a 7.

A very good mercato. Happy with all the acquisitions.

But the MF is a big question mark and i feel it will cost us in the CL. Hope i'am wrong :xfinger:
Same here. Let's see how it goes till january. But the midfield is clearly the weakest part of the team now.

The other sectors (forwards, fbs/wbs, cbs) are near perfection.

But yep, Marotta started so well, but left the job incomplete.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
10/10 in terms of acquisitions.

7/10 in terms of outgoings. Lost a key player for a 2nd year in a row and midfield issues were not properly addressed with the amount of injuries we had. We seem to have taken a gamble at this point.

Overall score : 8.5

Brilliant summer of sales. Brilliant acquisitions across various positions but a lot more could have been done to improve the midfield department. I am not convinced we can go all the way in Europe with this current midfield. I will be surprised and sure hope I am.

- - - Updated - - -

What was our net spend?
GdS :

Buys: €161.7m
Sales: €185.2m
Net gain: €23.5m

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)