Ramadan Kareem!! (2 Viewers)

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by vitoria_Ally ] ++

But I would like to know sth, someone can reply me?
About history of Quran: how it was written, by who. Such things.
What parts are there etc.

The verses of Al Quran come from time to time. Each time a new verse came Muhammad PBUH will teach his followers who will memorize and those who can write would take note on a pieces of leather or bones or wood.

some time after Muhammad PBUH's death , there is a big war and a lot of those who memorize Al Quran died. Worried that the Al Quran might be lost , the caliph at the time decide its best to collect all the verse and make them into one book. so he call all the people who memorize Al quran and collect all the notes and wrote the verse into one book. that is the istory of Al Quran used by Muslims today.

In Islam, since Muhhamad PBUH has already gone, we depends on 2 things as a source. One is Al Quran and another is Hadith.

As i said numerous times before, Al Quran is the words of God. God is the first party in every sentence. So this is our first and absolete source.

Hadith on the other hand is what Muhammad PBUH said and do during his lifetime, seen through his followers eyes at the time. different to Al Quran, there are thousands and thousands of Hadith coz it is seen through diffrant eyes. it took numerous effort by scholars to collect all of them and decide its truthfullness. Many were rejected. The small part accepted as true will be considered as guidance on anything that is not written in Al Quran.

the way i see it right now, The Bible explained by Zizou and Gray is just the like the Hadith in Islam as the Bible is only what Jesus said and do seen through the appostles eyes.... this kind of source is very hard to be considered as surely they will be diferrent versions says down from generations to generations... to think that the change of language also involve..

Now i have a questions to everybody.

do anyone know if the book used by the Jews today, is a book believe to be written by Moses or by his appostles?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
In heaven we shall speak Arabic? I'll need to invest in a babelfish then :)

But isn't that the same for the Bible then? It's still the same story told from 4 different point of views, but it still has the same base, not much different. Actually better, cos what one might have missed, the other would have put it in.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
In heaven we shall speak Arabic? I'll need to invest in a babelfish then :)

But isn't that the same for the Bible then? It's still the same story told from 4 different point of views, but it still has the same base, not much different. Actually better, cos what one might have missed, the other would have put it in.
*taking note: remember to resist the temptation to write long post when u really want to send some important points across *

i really dont see how they are the same as u says it :confused:

this is my try of summary. i would like to apologize in advance if i have misunderstood points in the Bible's part. I woould be very happy if anyone can clear those misunderstandings or mistakes..:)

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
Actually better, cos what one might have missed, the other would have put it in.
in that case Al Quran is better because there is more than 4 people who receive the verses from Muhammad who can correct any mistake.

the thing is there is only one Al quran because it is only written by ONE writer ( Muhammad PBUH) and exist in only ONE language. BUt The Bible was written by 4 people and exist in a lot of language. i guess thats explain why there are many versions of Bibles.

Aug 1, 2003
well all speaking in arabic is under god's power. somehow we will all be able to speak it when we're dead (another miracle)

hafiz, the book the jews are using now is not the book by moses we believe stated in the al quran as the taurat is already destroyed.

heres an excerpt from a quranic translation:
"the correct translation of the taurat is therefore 'the law. in its original form it was promulgated by moses, and is recognised in islam as having been an inspired book. but it was lost before islam was preached. what passed as 'the law' with the jews in the apostle's time was the mass of traditional writing"

bear in mind that muslims are required to respect the jews' and the christians' books as they , too , contain things from God.

p/s: i just finished watching the movie 'the message'. has anyone seen it?

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++

In that case, if you want to know what Lippi truly said as if your life and soul depends on it, isnt it better to accept just one official source for -example the official marcelo lippi website - as the truth, rather than see it through 2nd or 3rd party eyes like all the journalists writings.

In Islam there is just one official source. AL Quran. As Majed explained, the words in Al Quran is God's words sent through MUhammad PBUH .The words was teached to Muhammad PBUH in Arabic by Gibrael, Muhammad PBUH then memorize it by heart in Arabic, then he teached them word by word to his follower in Arabic . These are God's words we are talking about and every particle of it need to be preserved as it is. We believe that Arabic is the language of the afterlife and will be use in heaven. Al Quran is only the words in arabic and the translation in other languages are only mere translations to help understandings.
well said, but i dont think it's not stated anywhere in the Quran that ARABIC is the language of the afterlife....please provide the source for that as i've never heard that.

what would happen to the people who Died long before Arabic existed?? would the ones who'll go to heaven speak Arabic ?

other than that, your post sounds good.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

in that case Al Quran is better because there is more than 4 people who receive the verses from Muhammad who can correct any mistake.

the thing is there is only one Al quran because it is only written by ONE writer ( Muhammad PBUH) and exist in only ONE language. BUt The Bible was written by 4 people and exist in a lot of language. i guess thats explain why there are many versions of Bibles.
:rolleyes:

sorry, but your mistaken here. The Prohet Mohammed (PBUH) DID NOT WRITE THE QURAN. he just recited God's words... i'm sure you know the rest.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002

Now i have a questions to everybody.

do anyone know if the book used by the Jews today, is a book believe to be written by Moses or by his appostles?
AFAIK the torah are supposed to have been compiled by moses

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A question to muslims: Whats the difference between the Jewish, Christian and Islamic old testament?

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

well said, but i dont think it's not stated anywhere in the Quran that ARABIC is the language of the afterlife....please provide the source for that as i've never heard that.

what would happen to the people who Died long before Arabic existed?? would the ones who'll go to heaven speak Arabic ?

other than that, your post sounds good.

:)

i am sorry to dissapoint you Majed but i cant find the source you need . but i have been widely told that arabic is the language in heaven.

that doesnt at all mean that only the people who know arabic will go to heaven. it means that the when the people from different races enter heaven the language that get out of their mouth is Arabic.

i hope u understand my explanation.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003

:rolleyes:

sorry, but your mistaken here. The Prohet Mohammed (PBUH) DID NOT WRITE THE QURAN. he just recited God's words... i'm sure you know the rest.
i dont think i am 'mistaken '...but i deeply apologize to fellow muslim for my 'failure to use the right word ' ... as i told already somewhere in my posts that Muhammad PBUH cannot read and write. .. and for numerous time already, Al Quran is the words of Allah sent through Muhammad.

what i meant was......he is the ONLY 'massenger' or source of Al Quran...

thank you btw for telling me that. Between my eagerness to tell people what they truly dont know about Islam, i always afraid that i send the wrong messages. ;)

Aug 1, 2003
joshua, yes moses was sent the torah by god, but in islam we believe it is not used by the jews today. it was the basis of judaism, but it was lost before islam was preached. what passed as 'the law (torah)' with the jews in the apostle's time was the mass of traditional writing.

like i said before, if im not mistaken bits of the original bible (as we muslims believe the original bible has been modified) has survived in the old and new testament, which is why we have to respect it although there are parts where we disagree.

in islam moses came before jesus, then jesus, then muhammad. the main difference i think is that the jews believed in moses but not jesus and muhammad, christians believed in jesus and moses but not muhammad, but muslims believe in all three.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Hey anyone can explain the story of Mohammed? I don't much about him, actually nothing....who he was, what he did, etc...

And is it obligatory to say PBUH after each Mohammed? And you only say it after Mohammed's name? Or it could also be told after dsomeone else's name?

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
Ok, I managed to read all posts at last, thanks for explanations :)

aressandro10: you got that so wrong about Bible!
This is absolutely not truth!
Sorry, but I'm not going to go into long explanations :angel:
Long religious talks are not for me.

True that they may follow it. and i have to respect what they follow.
But doesn't this alarm you that what you are following "may" be words that were never said by Jesus or words that meant something else but were lost during translation?
No, it doesnt alarm me, cause of one reason: I'm not religious myself :)

And I think there is not much to compare between Bible and Quran, cause first, you would have to look really far in the past, and look at history of Bible, how old it is, why it was written in this not that way, people who wrote it etc.
And second, you are believer of some religion, so imo you are not able to look at things in objective way. Not that you dont want - but you cant. And you can find weak points in Bible, but you wont find them in Quran.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
PBUH= peace be unto him and yeah its customary to say that after his name and only his since it was him who started islam per se so he was islam's greatest prophet.

basically mohammed was a guy who married a rich merchant-woman, and one day went into a cave or a mountain and recieved the "true" version of the old testament, and gained a following. he went to medina where him and his followers got into a fight and then he went to mecca.

its something like this. i dont remember it clearly as it was a long time ago...

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
Hey anyone can explain the story of Mohammed? I don't much about him, actually nothing....who he was, what he did, etc...

And is it obligatory to say PBUH after each Mohammed? And you only say it after Mohammed's name? Or it could also be told after dsomeone else's name?
Yup, I'm interested in that too.

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++
PBUH= peace be unto him and yeah its customary to say that after his name and only his since it was him who started islam per se so he was islam's greatest prophet.

basically mohammed was a guy who married a rich merchant-woman, and one day went into a cave or a mountain and recieved the "true" version of the old testament, and gained a following. he went to medina where him and his followers got into a fight and then he went to mecca.

its something like this. i dont remember it clearly as it was a long time ago...
*cough*
I wonder... what other people will think about this simple explanation?

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by vitoria_Ally ] ++

*cough*
I wonder... what other people will think about this simple explanation?

++ [ originally posted by me ] ++

kinda redundant question there innit?

i told him what i knew about muhammad, whatever little of which i remembered was hazy. im looking to offend nobody and its pretty clear.

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++

kinda redundant question there innit?

i told him what i knew about muhammad, whatever little of which i remembered was hazy. im looking to offend nobody and its pretty clear.
It's my question, so if I found it redundant, I wouldnt give it.

And more: "what other people will think about this simple explanation" - it was question to the others, what they can think, not to you :)

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
well as an official disclaimer, not just to you but to everybody- if you find anything I say offensive, PM me, email me, or msg me via aim or msn and i promise to help reason things out and if found in the wrong I will make necessary corrections.

what will other people think? I dont know. I cant control what other people think. They can let me know what they think, either publicly or in private, but I can in no way make an accurate prediction of what other people think. If you have certain people in mind, maybe you should ask them what they think. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)