Ramadan Kareem!! (2 Viewers)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++
this is my try of summary. i would like to apologize in advance if i have misunderstood points in the Bible's part. I woould be very happy if anyone can clear those misunderstandings or mistakes..:)
Okay, i'm afraid your opinions are pretty misplaced here...

The Bible isn't written by 4 different sources, it's different accounts of the same events. If there were 100 journalists at the one press conference, wouldn't it be more reliable because there's more sources? If you read all 100 of the transcripts, you'd be pretty dang sure of exactly what Lippi said, right? You also know it's reliable, because so many people have witnessed what happened and written the same things. Sure, some of the journalists might leave out some stuff that they don't think is that important, but if another journalist has recorded that, then doesn't that make for a more reliable account?

As for the translations, of course the Bible's translated into different languages, because there's so many languages in the world...but the actual foundation of the Bible, the original writings in Hebrew and Greek, are the same.

If you look at all the different translations of the Bible, they all have the same crux and have the same core beliefs. Sure, the Greek version might say "Then Jesus drank half a glass of water", and the English translation might say "Jesus drank 2/3 of a glass of water", but that's not what's important here. The core events and teachings remain consistent.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
Thanks for the story on Mohammed.

umm I would feel pain.

no problem :)

you say you feel pain....

well, do you believe this pain exists despite not seeing it?

better yet... describe that pain!

;)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

Okay, i'm afraid your opinions are pretty misplaced here...

The Bible isn't written by 4 different sources, it's different accounts of the same events. If there were 100 journalists at the one press conference, wouldn't it be more reliable because there's more sources? If you read all 100 of the transcripts, you'd be pretty dang sure of exactly what Lippi said, right? You also know it's reliable, because so many people have witnessed what happened and written the same things. Sure, some of the journalists might leave out some stuff that they don't think is that important, but if another journalist has recorded that, then doesn't that make for a more reliable account?
So all the deciples were with Jesus all the time!?!!? whatever he did, there where dozens of deciples watching him and recording what he didi??
i doubt this..
some incidents had to happen with Jesus was only with a couple of people.

The words in the Quran are more reliable because they Prohet read them time and time again for more than 20 years in prayers. When it comes to Memory, i think they are pretty reliable because everything was memorized back then with those Tribes. Most of them dont read or write. It may seem strange to you because not many Preists know the Bible word for word.
there are many Teenagers even in Today's time who know the Quran by heart!!

As for the translations, of course the Bible's translated into different languages, because there's so many languages in the world...but the actual foundation of the Bible, the original writings in Hebrew and Greek, are the same.

If you look at all the different translations of the Bible, they all have the same crux and have the same core beliefs. Sure, the Greek version might say "Then Jesus drank half a glass of water", and the English translation might say "Jesus drank 2/3 of a glass of water", but that's not what's important here. The core events and teachings remain consistent.
Than why are they interpreted differently!?!

please read Ch.7 of this and let me know what you think:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Code/3671/christin.htm#Chapter 7

(If you're up to it, please read the whole thing... this should show part of the Muslims view on many of the hot topics between Muslims and Christians)
Though please dont get offended by the writer's overenthusiasm. :)

Aug 1, 2003
GRAY, i've been wondering where you were :D
as for the arabic language in afterlife thing, first of all, i think this is only widely taught in malaysia, nothing in the Quran says of the sort.

i think it was just an encouragement for us muslims to learn arabic to understand the Quran :D but those who don't understand arabic are not at disadvantage, that'd be unfair and god is most just.

glenn, bout your question how can we believe in god and stuff when we havent seen him:

there is one thing very, very important you should know about islam: there are only two things. the Creator (which is god), and its creations. unlike buddhism and christianity, God will not appear as human. I'm not saying christians' god is human, obviously not, but at least he appeared human.

But in Islam, god will not and never will appear as human, or any shape that the human mind can imagine. one of Allah's uh, criterias is that He is everything his creations are not. and as for how can we believe in him if we don't see him, well, faith, really. good faith.

Reza

Jul 13, 2002
my god,
the 4th year hear ,the 4th ramadan thread
and this time i also confess that i am going to fast .
yes i fast a one or two day and it is enough for me:).thanks god for this one or two day.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
take care of yourselves guys, and don't splurge with a feast just before or straight after a fast, it does terrible things to your stomach :yuck:

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
take care of yourselves guys, and don't splurge with a feast just before or straight after a fast, it does terrible things to your stomach :yuck:
you sound like you speak from experience.. yep it would be terrible!

I have classes at sunset anyways.. so it's gonna be a bit tougher this year!

++ [ originally posted by nosub959 ] ++
Have a blessed Ramadan.
Y3ood 3laina w' 3laik :)

shuhrk mbarak :)

To everyone:

كــل عــــام وانــتــم بـخــيـر
شـهــركــم مـبــارك
اســـأل الله أن يـوفــقــنــا لـصـيامـه وقـيـامـه

(Please excuse the Arabic Mods... these are all just greetings and prayers :) )

EDIT: I added the part in Arabic letters.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
you sound like you speak from experience.. yep it would be terrible!
Indeed it is :moan:
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
(Please excuse the Arabic Mods... these are all just greetings :) )
enough of your lies... I know you're all just a bunch of Ay-Rab Tayroreests :D

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

Indeed it is :moan:

enough of your lies... I know you're all just a bunch of Ay-Rab Tayroreests :D
I do hear that from time to time... what happened to the less offensive ones like
Camel Jockeies, Towel-Heads... Even Sand N!ggers is better than tayroreest... :down:

Aug 1, 2003
IM SO HAPPY ITS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

Anyway, the best part is, there would be live Champions League matches while I have my 'sahur' (the eating before the morning prayers to prepare myself for the day)

Yeay! I'm so bloody happy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)