Ramadan Kareem!! (7 Viewers)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
You`re just typing with the Bible close by?
Always ;)

++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++Still to find the stories you must remember where to look so you have a really good memory.
Hmm not really, if you know which books contain what... like I'm not gonna look anywhere in the Old Testament for stories about Paul. So that takes about half the books...then I just need to look in Paul's letters... ;)

Buy on AliExpress.com

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
err... How can things that happen after the time of Jesus can be found in the Bible...

which bring the question what is bible anyway :confused:

yeah yeah.. u told em thousand time already....it just me who dont understand them..

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++
err... How can things that happen after the time of Jesus can be found in the Bible...
So when did you expect them to cut the Bible off? I'm assuming you want this to be the last verse...

Mark 16:19

"After the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, he was taken up into heaven and he sat at the right hand of God. "

I think it'd be quite an abrupt end. Since the Bible is an account of what happened at the time of Jesus, of course the time period has to extend beyond his life :)

A large part of the New Testament is Paul's letters to the churches in different parts of the world, his testimony after meeting the resurrected Christ.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
so thats mean Bible is no really written by Jesus.. its just an biography written by his follower?

i was expecting Bible is God'S massage sent through Jesus... so it should have anything after Jesus's death right?...

oh well....

gray

Apr 22, 2003
so thats mean Bible is no really written by Jesus.. its just an biography written by his follower?

i was expecting Bible is God'S massage sent through Jesus... so it should have anything after Jesus's death right?...

oh well....
I'm not so sure Jesus had time to be writing the Bible, what with being crucified and all :p

God's message is sent through Jesus, it's just not accounted by him. And maybe he did give the disciples a bit of a massage while he was at it :)P sorry, I couldn't resist).

And yes, I guess if u thought the Bible was written by Jesus, it's natural to wonder how the heck there can be anything after his ascension :D

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by vitoria_Ally ] ++

Hmm... good point.
Maybe someone can explain that.
:wallbang: !!

another misunderstanding.....

i was just using that as an example saying that God can do many things...

ALL MUSLIMS DO, BELIEVE THAT MARY WAS A VIRIGN.

sorry for the misunderstanding, maybe i should have explained it more.

Islam is so Similar in many things....We do believe 100% in what Jesus has tought. but that we dont believe in is the extra things that have been added over the years to the bible, the inaccurate translation of the bible, and the things that Kings and rules have added.

We believe that The Qura'an is just the Final "Holy Book" and that Mohammed PBUH is the last prophet before the end of time.

of course, We also disagree in who Jesus was.
To Muslims, he was one of the greatest prophets sent to the Jews with God's messege. God gave him great miricles like healing the ill...etc.

:)

PS. It is nice that we're all listening without fights...... cheers everyone ;)

:D

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Guys ... Sorry I just could not keep up with all those posts :angel:

Funny how this years Ramadan is flying past! Seems like we started fasting yesterday.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++

Yeah but what I'm saying is that since some of the muslims are rebating that story, I can't see why since we both believe in a God that can do anything, then why is it hard to beleive that he can make a woman have a baby without losing her virginity?
which one of us is rebating that story? :confused:

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

I'm not so sure Jesus had time to be writing the Bible, what with being crucified and all :p
i dun understand... does Jesus spend all his life on that crucifix unill he dont have a single time to write a book...:confused:?

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
I don't know much about Japan except that you are all techies so kindly tell me more about Islam in Japan. Thanks :)

Aug 1, 2003
okay

@vit : im sorry bout the sex thing, i should've emphasized u need to repay ONLY if u had intercourse during the fasting time. its allowed at night..

jesus's death is as mysterious as his birth. you guys question how can he not be dead when everyone saw his dead and stuff, but in the Quran, God stated perfectly that Jesus did not die, a man took his place, and god illusioned to jesus's enemy's eyes that the man looked EXACTLY like jesus. so they THOUGHT they killed jesus, but didnt.

gray, i think we muslims quite agree on the old testament, however maybe not with the new one. in islam it is believed that jesus's book was the bible, however we muslims believe that after jesus 'died', the bible was, uh, modified. we believe in the old bible, but not the current one. just thought u'd know.

Fawkes

Oct 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
jesus's death is as mysterious as his birth. you guys question how can he not be dead when everyone saw his dead and stuff, but in the Quran, God stated perfectly that Jesus did not die, a man took his place, and god illusioned to jesus's enemy's eyes that the man looked EXACTLY like jesus. so they THOUGHT they killed jesus, but didnt.

gray, i think we muslims quite agree on the old testament, however maybe not with the new one. in islam it is believed that jesus's book was the bible, however we muslims believe that after jesus 'died', the bible was, uh, modified. we believe in the old bible, but not the current one. just thought u'd know.
Yup! Quite right!:thumb:

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by DaJuve ] ++
I don't know much about Japan except that you are all techies so kindly tell me more about Islam in Japan. Thanks :)
apart from foreign people, there is hardly any muslim here in Japan. All central Islamic activity is handled by Turkish Goverment. there are mosque one or two around but they are build by Saudi or turkish goverment.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002

:)
saya orang negara sebelah. serumpun sahaja kita sebanarnye.
:confused: You lost me there dude! Umm which language would that be?
:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)