Ramadan Kareem!! (6 Viewers)

ebraheej

Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
okay

@vit : im sorry bout the sex thing, i should've emphasized u need to repay ONLY if u had intercourse during the fasting time. its allowed at night..

jesus's death is as mysterious as his birth. you guys question how can he not be dead when everyone saw his dead and stuff, but in the Quran, God stated perfectly that Jesus did not die, a man took his place, and god illusioned to jesus's enemy's eyes that the man looked EXACTLY like jesus. so they THOUGHT they killed jesus, but didnt.

gray, i think we muslims quite agree on the old testament, however maybe not with the new one. in islam it is believed that jesus's book was the bible, however we muslims believe that after jesus 'died', the bible was, uh, modified. we believe in the old bible, but not the current one. just thought u'd know.
We dont believe in everything said in the old testement, or the new testement. We dont think they are true nor they are lies, we dont know whicc are right and which are false.
Actually the Quran says that christians are close to muslims: "And you will find the nearest in love to the believers (muslims) those who say we are christians. That is because amongst them are priests and monks, and they are not proud."

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++

which one of us is rebating that story? :confused:
Majed: wouldn't you find it strange that Mary was a Virgin when she gave Birth?

Gray: Resentment for what? I'm not too keen to learn a whole book by heart :D

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
You caught me :p but I thought that was the sense anyway?
it would be very strange if that was the sense becoz Muslims also believe in virgin Mary's virginity while giving birth to Jesus. You can read the explanation on Majed's latest post.;)

OP
Asma

Asma

Doctor Asma
Oct 21, 2003
  • Thread Starter #208
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

:wallbang: !!

another misunderstanding.....

i was just using that as an example saying that God can do many things...

ALL MUSLIMS DO, BELIEVE THAT MARY WAS A VIRIGN.

sorry for the misunderstanding, maybe i should have explained it more.

Islam is so Similar in many things....We do believe 100% in what Jesus has tought. but that we dont believe in is the extra things that have been added over the years to the bible, the inaccurate translation of the bible, and the things that Kings and rules have added.

We believe that The Qura'an is just the Final "Holy Book" and that Mohammed PBUH is the last prophet before the end of time.

of course, We also disagree in who Jesus was.
    To Muslims, he was one of the greatest prophets sent to the Jews with God's messege. God gave him great miricles like healing the ill...etc.

:)

PS. It is nice that we're all listening without fights...... cheers everyone ;)

:D
    ALL MUSLIMS DO, BELIEVE THAT MARY WAS A VIRIGN.<&#1603;&#1575;&#1606;&#1578; &#1605;&#1593;&#1580;&#1586;&#1577;

Aug 1, 2003
    omg i think i got it wrong for the testament things. ur right, ebraheej. further explanation :

the Injil is spoken of by the Quran is not the new testament. it is not the four gospels now received as canonical. it is the single gospel which, islam teaches, was revealed to jesus and which he taught.

fragments of it survive in the received canonical gospelsand in some others, of which traces survive (eg gospel of childhood or the nativity the gospel of st barnabas etc) muslims are therefore right in respecting the present bible (new and old testament) though they reject the peculiar doctrines taught by orthodox christianity or judaism.

wow, islam, judaism and christianity are closely related....

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
    omg i think i got it wrong for the testament things. ur right, ebraheej. further explanation :

the Injil is spoken of by the Quran is not the new testament. it is not the four gospels now received as canonical. it is the single gospel which, islam teaches, was revealed to jesus and which he taught.

fragments of it survive in the received canonical gospelsand in some others, of which traces survive (eg gospel of childhood or the nativity the gospel of st barnabas etc) muslims are therefore right in respecting the present bible (new and old testament) though they reject the peculiar doctrines taught by orthodox christianity or judaism.

wow, islam, judaism and christianity are closely related....
    i was wondering about that too when Gray explain that The Bible was written by Jesus's followers... If it was written by normal human ( not a prophet ).. it couldnt be the Injil spoken of in The Quran...

for people's information.., in the Quran it is stated that God give 4 of His prophets the power of book. they are...

Daud ( David) - Zabur
    Musa (Moses) - Taurat
    Isa ( Jesus) - Injil
    Muhammad- Al-Quran

the names of the Books i wrote in Arabic as i dunno any other names. As in right now i doubt that the current Bible is the Injil. Maybe part of it ,if Gray could say if there is any part or Gospel that is told and written directly word by word by Jesus . is there any such part or Gospel Gray?

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    Jesus did not write any part...it was the appostles who wrote them, mainly 4 (I can only remember Mark) but there are also other writers like St. Thomas but the church does not recognise his Gospel because in it he does not recognise the church or something like that. He says that the church is inside us. Probably Gray can explain better.

Anyone watch Stigmata? It has to do with this ST. Thomas Gospel.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    i watched that movie sometime ago. And I got really interested in it. Its very exciting to know that it was the closest written archeological thing you can find that related to Jesus himself.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    i still dont see why now all bibles are the same yet they are all called "Bibles!!"

There's proof that many verses have been changed or removed not too long ago. They dont match and yet they are all said teach the actions of Jesus.

[/dont mean to sound rude :)]

Aug 1, 2003
    well the old testament and quran's moses's taurat (or torah) is closely related but its not the same.

well, did u guys know, when jews charged jesus with blasphemy in islam, the jews claimed jesus said he was the son of god, but Allah later cleared jesus of the blaspheme they charged him. this is according to the islamic perspective, though.

and if im not mistaken this is where sura al-ikhlas came in where it is emphasized that god is one....

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    Majed - well see it this way. There's Lippi during a press conference and 4 journalists. Lippi replies to questions and states what he wants etc. The journalists will obviously not write exactly word by word what he said and not all will report the same thing,b unt fundamentally it would be the same. Know what I mean?

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
    Majed - well see it this way. There's Lippi during a press conference and 4 journalists. Lippi replies to questions and states what he wants etc. The journalists will obviously not write exactly word by word what he said and not all will report the same thing,b unt fundamentally it would be the same. Know what I mean?
    actually, no...it's not the same because the meanings can be less precise and people can interpret them different ways. a book that millions would follow and analyze to the core is hardly a similar example to a mere press confrance where the subject is clear.

remind me (i'm kinda busy right now) to give you an example of how an inaccurate(dont know if it is intended or not) translation of the bible made a verse mean something else when out of its context.

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
    Majed, actually it doesnt matter what you write about how inaccurate Bible is. If someone follows it in religious meaning - they follow it and full stop.

It's the same like someone who is not muslim was trying to prove you anything about Quran - pointless.

But I would like to know sth, someone can reply me?
    About history of Quran: how it was written, by who. Such things.
    What parts are there etc.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by vitoria_Ally ] ++
    Majed, actually it doesnt matter what you write about how inaccurate Bible is. If someone follows it in religious meaning - they follow it and full stop.

It's the same like someone who is not muslim was trying to prove you anything about Quran - pointless.
    True that they may follow it. and i have to respect what they follow.
    But doesn't this alarm you that what you are following "may" be words that were never said by Jesus or words that meant something else but were lost during translation?

i think the Qur'an is a different case because the Qur'an has never been translated. it was written in ARABIC and not a single word has been changed since the Prophet Mohammed PBUH so there's no ambiguety of you know ARABIC.
    To protect the meaning, the Qur'an isn't even allowed to be Translated word for word. only the explenations of the verses can be translated in every language.

But I would like to know sth, someone can reply me?
    About history of Quran: how it was written, by who. Such things.
    What parts are there etc.
    Qur'an are words by God himself that were revealed to Mohammed PBUH. He understood/grasped the intent of revelation through divine refulgence.
    Since he couldn't even read or write, God made him memorize it by heart.
    When he would first recite a verse, him and his followers would memorize it by heart (not uncommon back then to memorize because poetry was very common).
    So every verse was memorized and many of his followers knew it by heart. Then it was gathered and written by those who knew him.

wherever you go around the world, there is no one copy of the Qur'an different from the other!

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    Majed - well see it this way. There's Lippi during a press conference and 4 journalists. Lippi replies to questions and states what he wants etc. The journalists will obviously not write exactly word by word what he said and not all will report the same thing,b unt fundamentally it would be the same. Know what I mean?.
    In that case, if you want to know what Lippi truly said as if your life and soul depends on it, isnt it better to accept just one official source for -example the official marcelo lippi website - as the truth, rather than see it through 2nd or 3rd party eyes like all the journalists writings.

In Islam there is just one official source. AL Quran. As Majed explained, the words in Al Quran is God's words sent through MUhammad PBUH .The words was teached to Muhammad PBUH in Arabic by Gibrael, Muhammad PBUH then memorize it by heart in Arabic, then he teached them word by word to his follower in Arabic . These are God's words we are talking about and every particle of it need to be preserved as it is. We believe that Arabic is the language of the afterlife and will be use in heaven. Al Quran is only the words in arabic and the translation in other languages are only mere translations to help understandings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)