Rafinha - Schalke04 - RB (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Showdown25

Dag-nabit!
Apr 17, 2009
To everyone who wants us to sign this player.

Do people seriously want to pay 14m for Rafinha when the only 'top' league he has played in is Germany? What makes you think he will be able to cut it in Serie A?

And furthermore what about him justifies spending 14m on him? People balk at Caceres 12m price tag but at least we know what we could be getting with him plus I think Barca would be open to negotiate it.

This just feels like Filipe Melo all over again. I'll have to say no thanks to this guy. He is highly unprofessional and hasn't proved himself anywhere to justify us taking another risk on some unproven Brazillian primadonna who shows up to training when he wants. Not to mention he doesn't seem to like honoring his contracts with his clubs. He's the type of person who after one good season if a Real Madrid or Barcelona came knocking while he was with us he'd be on the first ship out.

Big no to this guy.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Richard Foster has just signed a new contract, so he's off the market.

He'd been linked to Milan in the past.

SABSAB

Snoop Stinks
Dec 10, 2008

Do people seriously want to pay 14m for Rafinha when the only 'top' league he has played in is Germany? What makes you think he will be able to cut it in Serie A?

And furthermore what about him justifies spending 14m on him? People balk at Caceres 12m price tag but at least we know what we could be getting with him plus I think Barca would be open to negotiate it.

This just feels like Filipe Melo all over again. I'll have to say no thanks to this guy. He is highly unprofessional and hasn't proved himself anywhere to justify us taking another risk on some unproven Brazillian primadonna who shows up to training when he wants. Not to mention he doesn't seem to like honoring his contracts with his clubs. He's the type of person who after one good season if a Real Madrid or Barcelona came knocking while he was with us he'd be on the first ship out.

Big no to this guy.
:agree:
Add highly unfair sportsman to that list

Showdown25

Dag-nabit!
Apr 17, 2009
Name a better and cheaper option.
You say that like you are sure of his quality? What makes you so sure he can cut it? How is Rafinha all of a sudden our best option?

This is more impulsive bullshit buying. This is how we loose out. Overpaying on under proved players.

I listed all my points and backed them up with reason in my previous post if you can't do the same please do not respond to me.

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008
You say that like you are sure of his quality? What makes you so sure he can cut it? How is Rafinha all of a sudden our best option?
This is more impulsive bullshit buying. This is how we loose out. Overpaying on under proved players.I listed all my points and backed them up with reason in my previous post if you can't do the same please do not respond to me.
That's exactly what's going to happen if we buy Caceres. Don't get me wrong, I would like to keep him, but for his price? No thanks.

Showdown25

Dag-nabit!
Apr 17, 2009

Big no to this guy.
Okay, I'll quote my own post since some can't read.

You'd say no to Caceres at 12m maximum when you know what you'd be getting while you'd say yes to Rafinha at 14m minimum(probably higher) and you don't know if you'd be getting shit on a sandwich or what. Barca would be open to negotiations if we really want to keep him. Where as Shalke are going to rape clubs for every penny over Rafinha. Hmm... reminds me of a certain Filipe Melo. Has anyone here watched him play week in and week out at all?

What the hell makes Rafinha worth 14m? Anyone? Anyone at all clue me in on this? It's not as though he's a Brazil regular. What has he done to make him worth so much? NOTHING.

Better yet can anyone tell me what his strengths and weaknesses are? People get caught up in the hype which is just that. Hype, nothing more. I'm willing to bet most people here have never seen him play...

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008
Okay, I'll quote my own post since some can't read.

You'd say no to Caceres at 12m maximum when you know what you'd be getting while you'd say yes to Rafinha at 14m minimum(probably higher) and you don't know if you'd be getting shit on a sandwich or what. Barca would be open to negotiations if we really want to keep him. Where as Shalke are going to rape clubs for every penny over Rafinha. Hmm... reminds me of a certain Filipe Melo. Has anyone here watched him play week in and week out at all?
What makes you so sure, that Barca will be willing to negotiate a lower price?

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008
I'm sorry to admit this, but that "top" league is on its way to become the third best league in the world.

Showdown25

Dag-nabit!
Apr 17, 2009
I don't think they would turn down 9-10m.

But even if they don't I'd rather pay 12m for something I know I'm getting as opposed to 14m for something I could possibly get.

Lets be honest we aren't going to have tons of cash to throw around come summer. Rafinha at 14m would be a big risk. We don't know what we will be getting aside from a highly unprofessional footballer.

I highlighted the important parts.

Showdown25

Dag-nabit!
Apr 17, 2009
I'm sorry to admit this, but that "top" league is on its way to become the third best league in the world.
At the very least it would take one year for that to happen, meaning in 2011 season. Not to mention German teams haven't been doing to well in Europe this year either. It's good and all to throw these claims around but Germany is still the 4th best league.

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008
I don't think they would turn down 9-10m.

But even if they don't I'd rather pay 12m for something I know I'm getting as opposed to 14m for something I could possibly get.

Lets be honest we aren't going to have tons of cash to throw around come summer. Rafinha at 14m would be a big risk. We don't know what we will be getting aside from a highly unprofessional footballer.

I highlighted the important parts.
I get what your saying.

All I want for my team is a reliable RB. I didn't say I wanted Ranfinha, I said I wouldn't pay 12 million for Caceres, but if lowered I'll would love for my team to purchase him, because like you said, I know what I'm getting.

But, at the moment, Caceres is not that RB.

At the very least it would take one year for that to happen, meaning in 2011 season. Not to mention German teams haven't been doing to well in Europe this year either. It's good and all to throw these claims around but Germany is still the 4th best league.
That's why I said "it's on its way".

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
No way this is Melo all over again. 25m is not 12-14m the last time I checked. And melo will improve. I really don't know who is a better option than rafinha. Why are people comparing his price to maicon when maicon is worth 3 times what rafinha is. We need to take a risk at RB when caceres is naturally a CB. I don't see what the problem is. We have been after this guy for over 2 years so I'm sure our scouts know the guy well.

Bundesliga is doing well, so claims that the league is not good enough is retarded considering we have Diego, Sali and poulsen all who came from there. Some excuses are pretty lame because of a high price tag that could probably be brought down.

We need a new RB that will come in as a starter and replace that punk grygera and old zebina. What other options do we have? Please, I'm curious to what the guys here that know everything would say we should get instead? Since there is a plethora of selection in this position.....

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006

This is more impulsive bullshit buying. This is how we loose out. Overpaying on under proved players.

I listed all my points and backed them up with reason in my previous post if you can't do the same please do not respond to me.
Let's say I agree with you. But name a better and cheaper option. Maioon, D. Alves, Sagna, Caceres, Zuniga?

SABSAB

Snoop Stinks
Dec 10, 2008
No way this is Melo all over again. 25m is not 12-14m the last time I checked. And melo will improve. I really don't know who is a better option than rafinha. Why are people comparing his price to maicon when maicon is worth 3 times what rafinha is. We need to take a risk at RB when caceres is naturally a CB. I don't see what the problem is. We have been after this guy for over 2 years so I'm sure our scouts know the guy well.

Bundesliga is doing well, so claims that the league is not good enough is retarded considering we have Diego, Sali and poulsen all who came from there. Some excuses are pretty lame because of a high price tag that could probably be brought down.

We need a new RB that will come in as a starter and replace that punk grygera and old zebina. What other options do we have? Please, I'm curious to what the guys here that know everything would say we should get instead? Since there is a plethora of selection in this position.....
My problem with him is his attitude. I don't want a RB who gets red carded every few weeks, thinks he can do what he wants and is just super unprofessional and absolutely unfair sportsman with such an disgusting character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)