Jul 15, 2006

Club: FC Schalke 04
Nationality: Brazil
Born: September 7th 1985 (age 24)
Height: 1.72 m / 5.64 ft
Weight: 68 kg / 149 lbs
Positions: Right defender, Right midfielder
Number: 18​

Schalke full-back Rafinha insists he would like to make the next step in his career and join either Juventus or Real Madrid.

The Bianconeri have been scouring the market for a natural right-back and Rafinha figures highly on their shortlist.

Speaking at a Press Conference following a charity match, the 24-year-old said: “I want to change clubs as soon as possible.

“I strongly desire to try a new experience and to challenge myself in a new championship… And Juventus and Real Madrid are great clubs.”

Juventus director of sport Alessio Secco reportedly made contact with Schalke in August and talks have been ongoing ever since.

Schalke are in real financial difficulty and look as though they will have to sell some of their stars in the January transfer window.

They have apparently set a price of €12m for Rafinha, which Tuttosport understands to be too much for Juventus right now.

However, if they want the Brazil international badly then they will have to stave off competition from Real Madrid, who have also registered their interest in him.

C4

Tuttosport though...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Naggar

Bianconero
Sep 4, 2007
It's on football Italia too, if it was only tuttosport I would've had doubts.. but he did say these things, but I doubt Secco will do anything about it, he might just renew for Molinaro for 5 years and promise him a position in the board

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Nah but it's true lol, we can't afford to make a big money signing in January I don't think.
But how do they expect to buy quality fullback for penauts, if we can't afford Rafinha than we shouldn't buy at all. I don't want our team to spend 5-6 mil for another Grygera.

And like someone said before, why don't we sell Grygera or Molinaro/Zebina and with that money we could finance half of transfer fee.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
So, can Cáceres play LB? I think he can play basically any position in the back line, but I'm not sure. We can keep Grosso as backup for when we need a WC winning dive, or penalty-kick taker.

Rafinha :tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)