Rafinha - Schalke04 - RB (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
What an improvement to our defensive four would it be if we push Caceres to the middle and field Rafinha on the right. Such a shame we cannot try Caceres in the middle now as it is a huge risk with our other right backs.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The only thing about Caceres that makes me suspicious about him playing centrally is that he's a bit "wild". He lunges into tackles, the play basically takes him everywhere, and he does end up stabbing quite a lot. His eagerness and Sissoko-like "all over the pitch" haphazardness won't cut it in the middle of the defense where stability and smarts are key.

That is the worrying prospect of deploying him as a stopper. I can see Caceres getting sucked out of line, creating holes through the center of the defense.

But perhaps he is a bit more intelligent than I give him credit for. It was difficult to tell from when I saw him in Spain.

Diego

Aug 30, 2005
But how do they expect to buy quality fullback for penauts, if we can't afford Rafinha than we shouldn't buy at all. I don't want our team to spend 5-6 mil for another Grygera.

And like someone said before, why don't we sell Grygera or Molinaro/Zebina and with that money we could finance half of transfer fee.
I don't think Grygera is that bad... At least he fights

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Rafinha, Grygera, Kjaer, Caceres, Chiellini, Ariaudo, Grosso, Criscito or Kolarov.

not bad eh?

1st post edited. :mad:

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Rafinha, Grygera, Kjaer, Caceres, Chiellini, Ariaudo, Grosso, Criscito or Kolarov.

not bad eh?

1st post edited. :mad:

Rafinha Chiellini Cacares Kolarov.

Young defence, but a very talented one, pending Cacares can function as a CB well enough. So are we really interested in Rafinha?

Jul 2, 2006
Yes to Rafinha but I am not sure about Brazilian Juve.

Brazilians in europe are not performing like their past jenerations, except a few, they are playing for small teams such as fenerbahce, sevilla, french clubs etc. Now we started to build a new team around them. This is risky, not because they are shit but they are unreliable and if there are 3 or 4 brazilians in one team, slowly they are becoming a somekind gang in team.

Rafinha-Caceres-Chiellini-Criscito

only if we can buy back Criscito

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
If we get Rafinha then we're set when it comes to fullbacks. We either get Criscito back from Genoa for the left side or we sign Kolarov who's on an embarrassing contract with Lazio. Proper fullbacks, me like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)