Rafael Van Der Vart or Rosicky ? (9 Viewers)

Mar 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

Are you joking? Seriously man, Van der Vaart is a hot commodity in Europe. I don't know why you think that he would run to any big club interested in him, because he didn't. Arsenal, Manchester United, Chelseas, Milan, Inter, and Barcelona have all expressed interest in him, but they don't make bids because he has made it clear that he intends to stay in Amsterdam until at least the end of this season.

C'mon Ian....we concluded half of year ago that VDV is shit.....Everybody expressed intrest in him and he will finish up in CSKA or Spartak Moscow.....mark my words.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++
C'mon Ian....we concluded half of year ago that VDV is shit.....Everybody expressed intrest in him and he will finish up in CSKA or Spartak Moscow.....mark my words.
There's no way of him going to Russia. Non of the italian teams seem to be interested in him at the moment. Barcelona with the likes of Ronaldinho, Giuly, and Deco at their team makes it unlikely for him to join them as well.

So either he'll keep playing for Ajax, wait untill Barca/Italian-teams show an interest, or join the EPL (ManU, Chelsea, Arsenal).

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Raphael Van der Vaart only seems to play well when I am not watching him play as every time I watch Ajax and the Dutcxh team he has been completely anonymous

Rosiscky on the other hand plays well but it seems to me he plays more of the Pirlo role than an attacking playmaker for his Nt

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
Raphael Van der Vaart only seems to play well when I am not watching him play as every time I watch Ajax and the Dutcxh team he has been completely anonymous

Rosiscky on the other hand plays well but it seems to me he plays more of the Pirlo role than an attacking playmaker for his Nt
Well with Borussia Dortmund Rosicky hyas basically a free role and likes to drift from touchline to touchline; likes to pull out to the wings. Rosicky could probably be given any midfield role and excell in it.

And I concur with van der Vaart. He has not really impressed out of the Dutch Erediviste.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++
Alright mate, believe what you will. I think that I've got a decent eye for talent, and this kid has it...whether or not he can do anything with it has more to do with his environment than himself.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I don't think anyone is denying that VDV has talent, but against good teams he seems to always disappear. He is certainly one of the best young playmakers in the world, but he really needs to work on his consistency and show the class people expect from him.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Kapo is doing good, I see him as a great potential in the coming years ... so this leaves me with Marek being better than VDV

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
ok, andy, you say vdv disappears in big games, and how is actually rosicky delivering big time in them?
In looking at this past Euro 2004, Rosicky played a big part in the Czech's progress to the Quater-finals. He was very much on form through the whole tournament, where as VDV did absolutely nothing IMO, or at least from what I can remember. It is hard to compare league success really, and Dortmund is not in the Champions League. But I must say Rosicky is more impressive than VDV.

Sep 28, 2002
well, you see, if vdv is off-form, like in portugal he can easily be replaced in the dutch squad because they posses incredible amount of talent in midfield and attack, while rosicky is a definite starter for czechs no matter how he plays. and he isnt exactly lighting up busdesliga on fire in dortmund too though i'll take my judgements on this one away simple because i dont watch german league at all.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I have seen some Dortmund matches this season, and Rosicky always shows that he is willing to sacrifice himself for the team, back-tracking when needed. Rosicky has looked good so far, but then again nothing that spectacular either. But all of Dortmund's attack goes through him, and Rosicky is very lively in the matches he takes part in. Or in other words, I usually notice him. The same cannot be said for VDV, as the latter seems to blend in with the rest of the Ajax squad. For him, that cannot be a good thing.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
one way or another, i think van der vaart is more talented and if he joins the team that suits him well he'll take over the world :D
Well, sorry to say I cannot agree. :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
why, he's not english, is he? :D
I just really do not see anything special from VDV, except for a few flicks of brilliance.

And no, VDV is not English. If he was, people would be labelling him the next Johan Cryuff or Maradona or something as inane like that.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
I don't think anyone is denying that VDV has talent, but against good teams he seems to always disappear. He is certainly one of the best young playmakers in the world, but he really needs to work on his consistency and show the class people expect from him.
Your logic bending around your bias. VDV does not "dissappear" against big teams, but rather he gets fewer chances at the ball because he is being marked better and harder because he is Rafael Van der Vaart, and everyone knows that he is the best player on Ajax, so they mark him hard. He gets fewer chances on the ball, but he gets the job done most of the time with those touches. Don't you think that a player like that, could do wonderful thngs on team with some decent strikers?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

Your logic bending around your bias. VDV does not "dissappear" against big teams, but rather he gets fewer chances at the ball because he is being marked better and harder because he is Rafael Van der Vaart, and everyone knows that he is the best player on Ajax, so they mark him hard. He gets fewer chances on the ball, but he gets the job done most of the time with those touches. Don't you think that a player like that, could do wonderful thngs on team with some decent strikers?
Of course, but still that remains to seen. Everyone knows who Zidane is, and Ronaldinho, and Deco. Do they get toughly marked? Yes. Do they still make a presence in the matches they play? Yes. I really do not see him "getting the job done" on the European front. Blah blah look be more wonderful with better strikers?.....didn't the Dutch NT have Ruud Van Nistelrooy playing for them? I do not think you can do much better than that, and did VDV make himself known in the Euros? That's a negative Ian.

And what is this bias BS about again? What sort of "bias" do I have in this subject? Makes no sense Ian.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)