Rafael Van Der Vart or Rosicky ? (2 Viewers)

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
Of course, but still that remains to seen. Everyone knows who Zidane is, and Ronaldinho, and Deco. Do they get toughly marked? Yes. Do they still make a presence in the matches they play? Yes. I really do not see him "getting the job done" on the European front. Blah blah look be more wonderful with better strikers?.....didn't the Dutch NT have Ruud Van Nistelrooy playing for them? I do not think you can do much better than that, and did VDV make himself known in the Euros? That's a negative Ian.
That's because Zidane, Deco, and Ronaldinho all have excellent strikers playing infront of them, and thus they don't get singled out by the defense as much as Van der Vaart does with Ajax. BTW, injury has more to do with his lacklustre performance than does a lack of talent.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

That's because Zidane, Deco, and Ronaldinho all have excellent strikers playing infront of them, and thus they don't get singled out by the defense as much as Van der Vaart does with Ajax. BTW, injury has more to do with his lacklustre performance than does a lack of talent.
I never said VDV lacks talent, but he certainly lacks something when it comes to playing tough opponents. But VDV had a great striker in front of him during the Euros, namely Van Nistelrooy.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
Rosi: on he wee side, but pure class, id be happy to stck him next to emerson/blasi and play with a left winger as well....as rosi often sits deep....which will give another dimension to the play.

Mourad Mehgni: all the hype for a long time, but imo he has never really stood out in a shocking way, possibly a longer term player.

VDV: world class, but no thanks, purely in financial terms..oh and the z man.

D'ale: slowly inspring wolfsberg.....but still too small.

It bears down to one thing.... how much will we spend.
so this is what its come to, eh John? :p

a good player is supposed to SHOCK you?

Who do you think is a better player, Jerry Springer or Marilyn Manson?

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

Fine mate, if you don;t want Rafa because he's got a spat with Zlatan, then say so. Don't say that he's not good enough, because he is. As for the matter, I'd much rather sign Rosicky because he'd be cheaper, and he would suit Juve's style of play better.
it is not only because of that, VDV can only shine against smaller teams.. he had never a big game.. he has talent, but a player who wants to be a playmaker must always try to get the ball, but VDV is disappearing if the team needs him on the pitch.. best example is the game (Holland-Germany) at the euro 2004.. VDV could not do anything.... and because of that he was no more regular in the next matches..

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
well, as I see the most of you want Rosicsky.. come on moggi, bring him to juve.... he can play along with Emerson in the centre of our midfield..;)

erado

Nov 2, 2004
yeah, would love to see Rosicsky pair up with Emerson.

Have seen him in Euro2004. Played a deeper role in midfield and helping out in Defense while Nedved and Poborsky making forward runs... Have a feeling by putting him in that position might work for us...

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
So if we get Jankulovski and Rosicky. And we have Nedved already, we will have a great midfield :p we already have, but we will have G R E A T! one ;)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Considering the fact that Nedved will be staying another year at least,Rosicky would be the better option as his style of play allows him to survive playing with another playmaker in the team.He could play in midfield and stop that crap with another DM (Blasi or Appiah) on the left which sometimes does more bad than good.

That will give Tomas some time to acclimatise with the Serie A environment and gradually break him into the team as Nedved is slowly phased out as well.

Van Der Vaart,on the other hand,would most certainly have to take centre stage if he comes and rotating playmakers would be a very stupid thing to do.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Sneijder is nowhere near ready for Juve, same goes for VDV. I'm starting to wonder if both of them actually are as good or will become as good as they promised to be...

allrounder

Jan 3, 2003
so, which player would you chose to be neddy's heir??? (at best we could buy someone after this season and let him mature on neddy's flank...)
here are some suggestions: (my favorites)
1. aliaksandr hleb, 23 years ( seems like a clone of neddy)
2. wesleij sneijder, 21 years, ( amazing passing abilities)
other possibilities are:
frank ribery, 22 years ( very technical and tricky playmaker from fc metz),
andres d'alessandro, 23 years (what can i say? simply class, but very weak body)
tomas rosicky, 24 years, ( called mozart of football, but sometimes invisible on the field)
mourad meghni, 20 years (outed as new zidane.....)

what do you guys think?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)