Rafael Van Der Vart or Rosicky ? (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Maresca78 ] ++
IMO:
1) The only spanish players I can imagine at juve are Joaquin and Morientes. Joaquin playes on the right side. this means the problem is not solved.
2) We must make a clear difference between a left winger, and a playmaker, these are 2 Different type of players. Nedved is not a real playmaker, but he needs to be free on the pitch to play good... as he did last year....
3) VDV: 3-4 years ago, I thougt, he must come to juve. but now I must say it is good, that he is not at juve.. He is only strong when his team plays against weaker sides.. but in big and important games, he can not do anything.. And if Zlatan does not like him, VDV should stay where he is.. If he was a good player, he should have been in another team(chelsea ;)) and not more at Ajax..
4) Rosicky has great talent, but when was the last time he played a great game? even at the euro 2004 he was unvisible....
5)Meghni: I don´t know. I heard that too (new Zidane). The same as for VDV, why is he still at Bologna.. and nobody is interested in him..
6) What about Aimar, I like his style of play. but he is often injuired..:down:
7) Jankulovski is a very good solution. he is a great player.. did he play as playmaker for Udinese in the past? he must come to juve.. he can play in many positions..
Wait, let me get this straight. You don't want Rafael Van der Vaart, Tomas Rosicky, or Mourad Meghni; but you think we have to buy Jankulovski? Who are you kidding?

Why is it that Jankulovski isn't the playmaker for the Czech national team? Maybe it's because Rosicky is a hell of a lot better than him. Why is it that Van der Vaart is captain of his club and an established international at the age of 22? Maybe it's because he's really, ridiculously good. You ask why Van der Vaart is not at a bigger club, it's because he refused to leave Amsterdam.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by ahead ] ++
Jankulovski sounds great ...although im a VDV fan, i think he shouldnt be brought while zlatan is still playing in juve
Pardon my ignorance, but what happened between van der Vaart and Zlatan? I think they'd make a solid partnership in football terms.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

Wait, let me get this straight. You don't want Rafael Van der Vaart, Tomas Rosicky, or Mourad Meghni; but you think we have to buy Jankulovski? Who are you kidding?

Why is it that Jankulovski isn't the playmaker for the Czech national team? Maybe it's because Rosicky is a hell of a lot better than him. Why is it that Van der Vaart is captain of his club and an established international at the age of 22? Maybe it's because he's really, ridiculously good. You ask why Van der Vaart is not at a bigger club, it's because he refused to leave Amsterdam.

I did not said, that jankulowski should be our playmaker, but I meant, that he can play in many positions, therefore, we should buy him....... If there was any big club, who wanted VDV, then he was gonna run to them.. but it has been only smaller clubs..(atletico madrid etc.....)

Jul 12, 2002
I did not said, that jankulowski should be our playmaker, but I meant, that he can play in many positions, therefore, we should buy him....... If there was any big club, who wanted VDV, then he was gonna run to them.. but it has been only smaller clubs..(atletico madrid etc.....)
Are you joking? Seriously man, Van der Vaart is a hot commodity in Europe. I don't know why you think that he would run to any big club interested in him, because he didn't. Arsenal, Manchester United, Chelseas, Milan, Inter, and Barcelona have all expressed interest in him, but they don't make bids because he has made it clear that he intends to stay in Amsterdam until at least the end of this season.

Jul 28, 2002
Rosi: on he wee side, but pure class, id be happy to stck him next to emerson/blasi and play with a left winger as well....as rosi often sits deep....which will give another dimension to the play.

Mourad Mehgni: all the hype for a long time, but imo he has never really stood out in a shocking way, possibly a longer term player.

VDV: world class, but no thanks, purely in financial terms..oh and the z man.

D'ale: slowly inspring wolfsberg.....but still too small.

It bears down to one thing.... how much will we spend.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
Rosi: on he wee side, but pure class, id be happy to stck him next to emerson/blasi and play with a left winger as well....as rosi often sits deep....which will give another dimension to the play.

Mourad Mehgni: all the hype for a long time, but imo he has never really stood out in a shocking way, possibly a longer term player.

VDV: world class, but no thanks, purely in financial terms..oh and the z man.

D'ale: slowly inspring wolfsberg.....but still too small.

It bears down to one thing.... how much will we spend.
which Rosi do you mean? Valentino Rosi ;)

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004

Are you joking? Seriously man, Van der Vaart is a hot commodity in Europe. I don't know why you think that he would run to any big club interested in him, because he didn't. Arsenal, Manchester United, Chelseas, Milan, Inter, and Barcelona have all expressed interest in him, but they don't make bids because he has made it clear that he intends to stay in Amsterdam until at least the end of this season.
If there no real bid for a player, he can not go anywhere..they all may have watched him. But the most important fact is that he has problems with zlatan.. and I would prefer Zlatan above him..

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Sorry for spam, but Diego of Porto is great too. And why not Riquelme? I like him :D btw, how old is Riquelme?

Jul 12, 2002
If there no real bid for a player, he can not go anywhere..they all may have watched him. But the most important fact is that he has problems with zlatan.. and I would prefer Zlatan above him..
Fine mate, if you don;t want Rafa because he's got a spat with Zlatan, then say so. Don't say that he's not good enough, because he is. As for the matter, I'd much rather sign Rosicky because he'd be cheaper, and he would suit Juve's style of play better.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

Fine mate, if you don;t want Rafa because he's got a spat with Zlatan, then say so. Don't say that he's not good enough, because he is. As for the matter, I'd much rather sign Rosicky because he'd be cheaper, and he would suit Juve's style of play better.
van der Vaart has not impressed me that much so far in his career. Whenever an important match comes about, I really do not see VDV being as influential as he should. Rosicky impresses me much more in that respect.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Same for me. I havent seen VDV play so well. Just like Michael Ballack. But sometimes they shine and do some great things. I've seen more of Rosicky and he seems like a good transfer target :D

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
i'm not too sure that Rosicky fits our style of play alot.we're used to having somebody to pass to who can go on a marauding run or combat opposition defenders and put in a long range shot often.

rosicky prefers to pass the ball around and excels at distribution.he only does the outrageous when he truly sees an opportunity to do so.therefore if we get rosicky we have to make the rest of the team attack as a unit and also buy a left winger since rosicky sits so deep.

arc

Mar 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by David Del Piero ] ++
Sorry for spam, but Diego of Porto is great too. And why not Riquelme? I like him :D btw, how old is Riquelme?
riquelme is 26 if i can remember
he is good too

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Pardon my ignorance, but what happened between van der Vaart and Zlatan? I think they'd make a solid partnership in football terms.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by chxta ] ++
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

VDV had problems with Zlatan.
Zlatan broke VDV's ankle with a rough tackle when Sweden played Holland in a friendly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)