Racism in Italy (4 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
The ratio between countries who have intolerance issues, and countries who dont have people of other races or multi-cultural societies is directly linked. East Europe (some retards in Serbia beat up a black footballer recently), Italy, Spain and lots of other places has issues with crap like this because they dont have the same history of multi-cultural societies as for example France, England and such.

Not gotten used to or not having encountered much of people of other races and cultures means they dont know (any better) and hence fear it , and that defacto means ignorance of it. And ofcourse racism and intolerance is the bastard child of ignorance.

So in short, its the opposite, its not strange, but common stuff like this occur in countries who hardly seen people of other races before (in Poland when we went over a school trip there years and years ago, in the streets, they were openly racist to me and other kids who werent white, in a restuarant, a girl in our class were even spit on...).
Wow. You are really full of your Scandinavian wonderland, aren't you? Well, let me just clarify one, tiny detail: you are full of crap. Generally this wouldn't matter as most people are full of crap and you wouldn't really stand out. This time it does matter because you've encountered me. Let me give you an explanation as to why you should never write on this forum again.

First off you simply dismissed the Roman empire. That's not very cool. I like the Roman empire. I would go as far as saying it was significant from a historic point of view. Now this Roman empire was big. And I'm not talking Scandinavia wonderland big. I'm talking Coca Cola company big. This Roman empire, because of the fact it was big, included many people from different origins. Even people who had black skin! Now I am not saying the Romans were of a very tolerant kind, but they did in fact know blackies.

Then the Roman empire ended. This happened because of barbarians from the North. Hell, they might even have been from Scandinavia wonderland. Obviously they weren't so well adapted at the time as rape, murder and fire tortured Southern Europe for quite a while. But eventually Southern Europe recovered. Cities developed again. In Italy in particular they became important. Cities such as Firenze, Bologna, Milano, Lucca, Pisa, Siena became places of commerce. Now what do merchants do, my friend? They travel. And what do they bring my friend? They bring things from lands far, far away. They might even bring things from Scandinavia wonderland. So what does this mean? This means that they encounter foreign cultures. They introduce foreign countries in their homeland. They would take away the fear of foreign cultures.

1492. Good year. Columbus reaches America. (Oh fuck it, YES, Osman, the poor guy thought he was in India. Very smart, thank you for the interruption). Actually your ignorant interruption reminds me of something. Italians went to India. Yeah, yeah, they did, they did. And people in India were not white. Oooh no, they were not white. But anyway, Columbus reaches America. Full of not so white people. At the same time lots of Genovese merchants went to Egypt and well, basically most of Northern Africa. People being less white there as well obviously.

WWII. I hear you, Osman. It's a war! Good for you. Now this war was not as Great as the first one, but it was still pretty good. Less poems though. Anyway, Italy sided with Japan. I know, it's weird, the whole Arian thingy, but they sided with Japan. People in Japan tend to be a wee bit more yellowish than most Europeans. Maybe it's a liver dysfunction, maybe it's a racial issue, who knows?

The 21st century. In easier terms, "now". Immigration to and from Europe, globalisation. You may have noticed that Italy is one of the more Southern European countries. You may have noticed that it is in fact one of the countries close to the African continent. You may have noticed that there are a lot of Africans who are not white. You may have noticed that a lot of Africans want to come to Europe. You may have noticed they don't just jump on a plane and fly off to London. You may have noticed Reggio di Calabria is full of black people. You may have noticed there are lots of tourists in Italy as well. You may have noticed lots of them are not white. You may have noticed that Italy actually truly is a multicultural society.

And then it all boils down to this one conclusion: you ignored two thousand years of history. And I'm being the soft guy here, because I could have said more. Italians have encountered other cultures for quite some time now. They are a people of merchants, merchants who travel. You know, the whole Gente di Mare thing. That's actually about Italians. So in the end, if I would have to point to one fact and say 'that's definitely NOT the reason why Italy is so racist' it would have to be your lack of other cultures and races within Italian borders.

Now the sad thing is that Italy truly is a very racist country. But you, my friend, are one ignorant racist ... who thinks it was okay to post such a ludicrous theory on this forum. Dear god it was bullshit.

Now go away and don't come back.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Thats one innocent and stupid remark, compared to Calcio's nasty history of this crap since ages. If anything, you can say Spain is pretty bad too, though not for Aragones, but for how they like in Italy boo black players in many games.
it is much worse in spain. it has calmed down in italia a bit, rascism isnt to bad nowadays in italy. its not like it was in the past.

take this incident in spain, people throw bananas at a african goalkeeper that plays for their own team, this happens every single game.

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
it is much worse in spain. it has calmed down in italia a bit, rascism isnt to bad nowadays in italy. its not like it was in the past.

take this incident in spain, people throw bananas at a african goalkeeper that plays for their own team, this happens every single game.
It's a competetion to see which country has the least racism in it . Stop acting like children . They are both extremely racist countries with provocative fans which should be banned instantly . No one know which country has more racism in it , Italy and Spain experience very simmilar racial prejudices every day , there's use or point in comparing them .

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
There is something about us historians that makes us so unlikeable. I felt it and Seven probably felt it on his own skin also.
But no-one can say that we don't deserve it.
:D

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
It's a competetion to see which country has the least racism in it . Stop acting like children . They are both extremely racist countries with provocative fans which should be banned instantly . No one know which country has more racism in it , Italy and Spain experience very simmilar racial prejudices every day , there's use or point in comparing them .
it is no competition, whether its a little bit of racism or a lot. its still racism is still disgusting.

this is an example of racism in Europe

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jwpO-nnFY9g

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3RFQJUcec-0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=36OPNTJGUMU&feature=related

there are a few good videos. worth watching

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
There is something about us historians that makes us so unlikeable. I felt it and Seven probably felt it on his own skin also.
But no-one can say that we don't deserve it.
It's just ... I really disagreed, you know? :D

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
its pretty obvious that my fratelli Italiani of the police force need some help-

although I think dealing with the communist Livorno ultras would be more fun !!:p

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I don't understand why I got a warning for it though.
I gave you the warning and it is not because I don't agree with you, on the contrary I agree with every word but you did well to insult the guy in every statement you made. Then again it was a warning and not an infraction, the infraction would have seen you banned.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Fair enough.

Racism in Italy is a problem. And it's a bigger problem than racism in most countries. It's there for all to see. Linking it to the fact that there would be few foreigners in Italy is completely nonsensical though. Doing so means that you have never been in Italy, have never read a book about Italy and haven't been following the news for over 20 years now.

And just for the record: the same goes for Spain.

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
This time it was me teasing you
I promise this was the last time i'm taking an advantage of my mod powers, but i really couldn't help reading what was it that you said before the :shifty: post !

:shocked:

Are you sure that's a promise you can keep ?

it is no competition, whether its a little bit of racism or a lot. its still racism is still disgusting.

this is an example of racism in Europe

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jwpO-nnFY9g

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3RFQJUcec-0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=36OPNTJGUMU&feature=related

there are a few good videos. worth watching
I meant to say it's not a competition . That was my point .

:shifty: ? It was a honest question
an

It just sounded a little strange to me at the time .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)