Quitting smoking (2 Viewers)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I try to stop smoking annually. This monday is my 4th attempt. The first time I stopped for like 2 weeks, the second 2 years, the third 3 months and now I'm on day 4 currently. Sure hope I can pull it off, but it's not going so well. Sitting in a bar is torture like never before.
EU smoking regulations banning smoking in bars should kick in at your place maybe 2050. I've no doubt it will be easier for you then.

I just came home from a ride around the Mediterranean and I can't tell you how much less of a smoking problem there is right now, especially in Italy. 10 years ago it was terrible, but now you could actually live there.

Switzerland and especially Bayern are still horrible.

Buy on AliExpress.com

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

EU smoking regulations banning smoking in bars should kick in at your place maybe 2050. I've no doubt it will be easier for you then.

I just came home from a ride around the Mediterranean and I can't tell you how much less of a smoking problem there is right now, especially in Italy. 10 years ago it was terrible, but now you could actually live there.

Switzerland and especially Bayern are still horrible.
I swear when I hear people like you, I wanna light a cigarette immediatelly just to spite you. :D I'll never understand how people can be so against smoking...you're like my Dad, who can't stand anyone smoking(even if it's in a separate room from him).

About two months ago the no-smoking law came in effect in ALL public places in Croatia. It's enforced pretty much everywhere except a few night clubs where there's such large concentration of drunk people, you can't do anything about it(it's still illegal but people smoke).

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I swear when I hear people like you, I wanna light a cigarette immediatelly just to spite you. :D I'll never understand how people can be so against smoking...you're like my Dad, who can't stand anyone smoking(even if it's in a separate room from him).
"Damn those non smokers. All I want to do is poison their air and force them to live in a revolting stench and they have the nerve to complain."

About two months ago the no-smoking law came in effect in ALL public places in Croatia. It's enforced pretty much everywhere except a few night clubs where there's such large concentration of drunk people, you can't do anything about it.
Sweet! I know it seems harsh at first but you'll get used to it. And secondly it really helps.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Now that there are open terraces everywhere, it doesn't change much. Going for a cup of coffee is still a huge tempation.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Now that there are open terraces everywhere, it doesn't change much. Going for a cup of coffee is still a huge tempation.
There's always been terraces. What's new is the regulations that are quite wide. Not just bars and restaurants but other public places too. Malls, railway stations, airports etc. It's a huge improvement. Smoking is slowly (much too slowly of course) being beaten away from public life with a stick.

And I think that making smoking less convenient, from a point where it was incredibly convenient to a point where now it's not, has driven a large group of people to stop. But that's just anecdotal, I don't know if they really have stopped. In any event since they bother me less I'm pleased.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I'm a casual/social smoker, as in if my flatmate bought a pack, I'll have a cigarette or two, and get a buzz (which is why I smoke it in the first place). I'd never buy a pack for example.

You can't possibly get cancer from that, can you? Casual smoking I mean.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)