Quitting smoking (8 Viewers)

OP
Nenz

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
  • Thread Starter #161
    Eℓvin;2096475 said:
    I'm a casual/social smoker, as in if my flatmate bought a pack, I'll have a cigarette or two, and get a buzz (which is why I smoke it in the first place). I'd never buy a pack for example.

You can't possibly get cancer from that, can you? Casual smoking I mean.
    Well, cigarette smoke affects different people in different ways. Just smoke inhalation from being around smokers ("passive smoking") can cause cancer.
    And if you have say a bad diet, then that in conjunction with smoking can help lead to heart disease for example.

You would probably be ok though. There's still a risk, and it wouldn't be worth getting addicted, which is a question of how strong willed you are I guess.

Buy on AliExpress.com

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

After 2 days without a cigarette I already cought a cold. Runny nose, coughing, etc. It sucks. My system must be getting weak because it's not getting its usual nicotine intake.

Day 5 currently. :flag1:

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
    Well, cigarette smoke affects different people in different ways. Just smoke inhalation from being around smokers ("passive smoking") can cause cancer.
    And if you have say a bad diet, then that in conjunction with smoking can help lead to heart disease for example.

You would probably be ok though. There's still a risk, and it wouldn't be worth getting addicted, which is a question of how strong willed you are I guess.
    Dude, I don't get addicted, to anything, ever. Except Juve, I'm not even kidding.

Mostly I smoke around chicks, nowadays most of them disapprove of it, so... :D

OP
    Nenz

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
  • Thread Starter #165
    Eℓvin;2096486 said:
    Dude, I don't get addicted, to anything, ever. Except Juve, I'm not even kidding.

Mostly I smoke around chicks, nowadays most of them disapprove of it, so... :D
    :lol: Aren't you a self confessed sex addict as well?

OP
    Nenz

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
  • Thread Starter #169
    i am personally all for smoking pole. ive been a pole smoker for 6 years now. im not gay, its just a form of expression for me. but yes it is addictive and hard to quit. once your addicted you just cant get enough of the pole. and it can become dangerous to your health and reputation. But if you approach it in a controlled and mature way, you will maintain general health and people won't judge you too much

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    Some people have a real struggle with cigarettes, I think it just depends upon who you are and if you have a so called "addictive personality" I used to smoke just as much as all of my friends but I quit easily and don't miss them at all while most of my friends either struggle with it or never even tried to quit. I still enjoy an occasional smoke when somebody bums me one but only rarely and I haven't bought any in months

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
    Jun 18, 2006
    Some people have a real struggle with cigarettes, I think it just depends upon who you are and if you have a so called "addictive personality" I used to smoke just as much as all of my friends but I quit easily and don't miss them at all while most of my friends either struggle with it or never even tried to quit. I still enjoy an occasional smoke when somebody bums me one but only rarely and I haven't bought any in months
    I've always found that if you have an addictive personality, you don't give up smoking, you replace it with another vice.

Except Working Out and things like that are 'good vices' most of the time.

I have to odd cigar/cig but I'm much the same as yourself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)