Quitting smoking (7 Viewers)

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I used to smoke a pack a day, 2 packs if it was a night out. I smoked about 6,7 years than quit for about 2 whole years. Then I started again and smoked for 2 years, than I quit again. It's been over 3 months since my last smoke.

The only challenge is when you go out and are drinking, that's just torture. Other than that I can do without them easily.

Personally, the worst thing about quitting is...you don't know what to do with your freaking hands, especially when you go for a cup of coffee or soemthing. I find myself constantly playing around with my cell or my keys, I don't miss the nicotine I miss having my hands doing something.
I can relate to that :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I used to smoke a pack a day, 2 packs if it was a night out. I smoked about 6,7 years than quit for about 2 whole years. Then I started again and smoked for 2 years, than I quit again. It's been over 3 months since my last smoke.

The only challenge is when you go out and are drinking, that's just torture. Other than that I can do without them easily.

Personally, the worst thing about quitting is...you don't know what to do with your freaking hands, especially when you go for a cup of coffee or soemthing. I find myself constantly playing around with my cell or my keys, I don't miss the nicotine I miss having my hands doing something.
What really helped me was when the town I lived in at the time outlawed smoking in bars and restaurants. It made going out so much easier.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
i'd be very happy if i quit smoking some time soon cos ive been smoking for the past 7 years. i do agree with v about getting used to having sth in yr hand i have this problem too. my biggest problem with quitting is how i feel during the with drawal period. i get paranoid, and i feel like vomitting most of the time. so if any one is a non smoker DONT START ITS HORRIBLE!!

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

i'd be very happy if i quit smoking some time soon cos ive been smoking for the past 7 years. i do agree with v about getting used to having sth in yr hand i have this problem too. my biggest problem with quitting is how i feel during the with drawal period. i get paranoid, and i feel like vomitting most of the time. so if any one is a non smoker DONT START ITS HORRIBLE!!
Now that is a chronic smoker! It's easy for guys who smoke 2,3 cigarettes a day to say "quitting is easy". :D

Sorry to hear that bro, have you tried those chewing gums, patches or what not? Maybe they can help you out.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Bisco dude, you have to change your brand, that stuff sounds horrible
its not the brand ahmed, the problem is that my body has a high tolerence to nicotine thats why when i dont smoke i just feel wrong. i have a runny nose, i feel like i've just got out of bed, and i am a bitch when it comes to my mood swings. i will try yet again to quit soon bec i want to stop this dependence on cigs. my mum got me this " smoke free stick" apparently its a botanical product that u just smell and the second u light a ciggy it tastes horrible. it also lightens up the withdrawal symptoms so hopefully this can help. i've tried the gum and it was a major flop with me.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Now that is a chronic smoker! It's easy for guys who smoke 2,3 cigarettes a day to say "quitting is easy". :D

Sorry to hear that bro, have you tried those chewing gums, patches or what not? Maybe they can help you out.
i smoke a pack and a half so tell me about it vlatko. smoking 3 cigs a day and quiting is really not an accomplishment lol but its possible i know a few friends who did quit and they were worse than me so if they can do it i suppose i can i just need to get my head straight.

i started smoking cos i was and still am leaving on my own so its shit boring specially when u dont have some one at home to talk too so it really started out as sth just to get thru time and then it got to be an addiction,

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
:D seriously...vomiting and dying all over the place...I've heard of the smoker's cough but these guys are WAY beyond that

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

i smoke a pack and a half so tell me about it vlatko. smoking 3 cigs a day and quiting is really not an accomplishment lol but its possible i know a few friends who did quit and they were worse than me so if they can do it i suppose i can i just need to get my head straight.

i started smoking cos i was and still am leaving on my own so its shit boring specially when u dont have some one at home to talk too so it really started out as sth just to get thru time and then it got to be an addiction,
Good luck man, anyone can do it, just that it's easier for certain people. My lifeline was the fact no one smokes in my house so neither did I. If I didn't go out for a cup of coffee the whole day, I usually wouldn't smoke a cigarette the whole day. That really helped me out.

I know what you mean, during summer holidays, when I was more or less living alone, I used to go over 3 packs in a day. 1 pack during daylight, 2 packs during night time. :sick:

But now, I'm clean for over 3 months and running. :toast:
You guys are such a mess :D
Stop enjoying yourself, no one likes it. :p

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Good luck man, anyone can do it, just that it's easier for certain people. My lifeline was the fact no one smokes in my house so neither did I. If I didn't go out for a cup of coffee the whole day, I usually wouldn't smoke a cigarette the whole day. That really helped me out.

I know what you mean, during summer holidays, when I was more or less living alone, I used to go over 3 packs in a day. 1 pack during daylight, 2 packs during night time. :sick:

But now, I'm clean for over 3 months and running. :toast:

Stop enjoying yourself, no one likes it. :p
thanks v, i'm glad u got that off yr shoulders. i hope u stay that way bro good luck!!!

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
I thought about quitting and even tried few times but after 30 minutes I ended up smoking again.. so I've decided to save my self from that "30 min. torture"..

seems like I've the same situation as vlatko.. if I'm at home it's OK I can stay without smoking, but when I'm out drinking it's impossible, simply don't know what to do with my hands (if only I could take the comp. mouse with me :D) like something eats me up inside.. it's a terrible feeling!

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
My friend used to smoke 2-3 packets a day, as recently as summer. Now he had to stop for medical reasons (glandular fever) and just managed to, without too much hassle it seems.
I don't smoke, i've tried it but don't really like the taste. Another reason is that i've seen first hand what smoking can do to you and saw my grandfather deteriorate due to illnesses derived from smoking

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)