Qatar's bid for hosting WC 2022 (4 Viewers)

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
:D

No but seriously, a World Cup in Australia would fucking rule, we have brilliant temperatures around the continent in Winter (June/July here)
Totally agree. Australia has everything needed to host one of the best WC's in history. The only shit part is your time zone. It sucks to be down under to watch Juve games, never mind WC games. @Nenna :D

Nov 17, 2012
:D

No but seriously, a World Cup in Australia would $#@!ing rule, we have brilliant temperatures around the continent in Winter (June/July here)
Yes indeed, I was livid when Qatar got it, and that was one of the reasons. That and not to mention the kind of stadiums we would be left with would be an amazing boost for our A-League, ala what 1994 did for the MLS.

We're bred tough down here.
Being a Sydney-sider, I thought you'd be too cultured to be tough! :p

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Yes indeed, I was livid when Qatar got it, and that was one of the reasons. That and not to mention the kind of stadiums we would be left with would be an amazing boost for our A-League, ala what 1994 did for the MLS.
We didn't build many stadiums for '94. Which is a big reason we got the bid. We only had to retro-fit big stadiums like the Rose Bowl for a footie match. That said, it did put the idea into people's head that this was possible.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
History obviously did start in the 16th century. The Egyptians were on track to being the first people to have records of written history but they were then hit by the Great Depression because of all the pyramid schemes that were being conducted. They had to burn all their books and papers to keep warm.

Then the Ottoman empire rose but Alexander the Great had a lot of sex and passed AIDS to everyone there so they had to burn the papers and books in order to warm up tea because back then they thought it was medicine.

The Western Europeans then discovered America and everything got better. History started to be carried in written form again and condoms were invented by Abraham Lincoln.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
History started in 1992 with the birth of the EPL :agree:
You've become a blabbering idiot recently. You add nothing more than silly meaningless comments like these.

History obviously did start in the 16th century. The Egyptians were on track to being the first people to have records of written history but they were then hit by the Great Depression because of all the pyramid schemes that were being conducted. They had to burn all their books and papers to keep warm.

Then the Ottoman empire rose but Alexander the Great had a lot of sex and passed AIDS to everyone there so they had to burn the papers and books in order to warm up tea because back then they thought it was medicine.

The Western Europeans then discovered America and everything got better. History started to be carried in written form again and condoms were invented by Abraham Lincoln.
:lol:

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
I don't get what's the problem with Qatar hosting it. They ll surely be the wealthiest nation to have ever hosted a World Cup and their stadiums would be fine.

I think football is growing middle east so it makes sense to host a World Cup there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)