Qatar's bid for hosting WC 2022 (10 Viewers)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I'm more concerned and slightly bemused at the thought of more than half of the world's top 25 leagues, including the top 4-5, having to revert their season to the completely opposite time of the year because the host nation isn't suitable to host a World Cup at the normal time of year.

I'd rather see the more likely attempt to play it in the summer, with artificial clouds and covered stadiums, like the 2078 World Cup will be on a terraformed Mars.
Europe wouldn't need to reverse the season, there is a simple solution. They could just play without their star players like we do here in the Americas.

It bigger issue for me would be the Champions League. With all the money involved in that.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Not a bad idea at all. Even so, domestic leagues aren't changing shit.

Get ready for 500 tourists dying in the heat waiting in line to get into the air-conditioned stadiums. That's gonna be the reality, and I'm ok with that.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Like there's any chance it won't happen.
First time in my life that I'll be hoping that all the major countries refuse to participate.

- - - Updated - - -

have we established that your opinion as a Bulgarian matters very little because you will never host a WC nor is your country any good in football, though?

you know there are two types of countries in this world: there are those capable of hosting WC's and those that are not.
Stop being a wanker, the two of us really shouldn't go into discussing the political and social state of affairs in the emirates - and you know it.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Y
Obnoxious western Europeans are the ones i have a problem with.

I always said

USA >>> Europe
Not gonna disagree with you there, even though I'm European :D

They tend to be more arrogant for some reason, with the exception of Albanians and I'm being dead serious. Not to mention definitely more racist so I see where you come from.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)