Qatar's bid for hosting WC 2022 (40 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Its the way football always was, its just more annoying that a small middle eastern country out of nowhere is playing the game with the big boys. Not that I condone corruption, bribery or other unethical practices, but I'm just saying singling out one country is hypocritical.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Its the way football always was, its just more annoying that a small middle eastern country out of nowhere is playing the game with the big boys. Not that I condone corruption, bribery or other unethical practices, but I'm just saying singling out one country is hypocritical.
Sadly true, but with Quatar and it's geographical location the WC doesn't make sense at all. It's like trying to win a bid for summer olimpics in greenland.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Sadly true, but with Quatar and it's geographical location the WC doesn't make sense at all. It's like trying to win a bid for summer olimpics in greenland.
Playing the world cup in Qatar in the summer definitely doesn't make sense, I'll give you that. Which is why it should be moved to the winter in 2022 imo.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Financial incentives definitely won bids before, usually by the bid itself; location, market and legacy. Hosting a football tournament in the US or the first for Africa as examples.

I don't think it's fair to say officials were bribed to win those bids. Is that really the only way FIFA can line their pockets once the 2022 World Cup is over, is an immediate cash incentive all Qatar has to offer?

- - - Updated - - -

ßöмßäяðîëя;4482738 said:
Are you being serious?
You have to ask?

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Playing the world cup in Qatar in the summer definitely doesn't make sense, I'll give you that. Which is why it should be moved to the winter in 2022 imo.
Playing world cup in winter to fuck every possible shit up for every major football organisation doesn't seem sensible ether.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Financial incentives definitely won bids before, usually by the bid itself; location, market and legacy. Hosting a football tournament in the US or the first for Africa as examples.

I don't think it's fair to say officials were bribed to win those bids. Is that really the only way FIFA can line their pockets once the 2022 World Cup is over, is an immediate cash incentive all Qatar has to offer?

- - - Updated - - -

You have to ask?
But you do think its fair to say that Qatar has bribed officials. Nothing new, obviously thats easier for you to believe.

- - - Updated - - -

Playing world cup in winter to fuck every possible shit up for every major football organisation doesn't seem sensible ether.
So countries whose climates do not align with Europe's priorities should fuck off and never dream of hosting a WC?

Sorry, not subscribing to such elitist, exclusionary logic.

Apr 12, 2004

- - - Updated - - -

You have to ask?
Yes, I don't know if you think it is a misunderstanding of if you are being facetious.

This I totally agree with.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
But you do think its fair to say that Qatar has bribed officials. Nothing new, obviously thats easier for you to believe.
I'm only going on the latest news. I'm sure the FIFA and FBI investigations will find Jack Warner is not that sort of person.

If you have evidence past World Cup bids were bribed maybe you could share the information.

TrezJuve

May 26, 2010

- - - Updated - - -

So countries whose climates do not align with Europe's priorities should fuck off and never dream of hosting a WC?

Sorry, not subscribing to such elitist, exclusionary logic.
agreed, but Wc should be place in place with good values, libya. Not qatar, they are the elitits slave owner, the prince of evil.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
how is it not fair to say with all the strong allegations coupled with the fact no one in their right mind would pick a summer hell hole over the other better choices??
I think there is a very strong probability that the officials were bribed, not denying that at all. However I think similar practices were probably used in previous bids, probably more subtle though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)