Qatar's bid for hosting WC 2022 (7 Viewers)

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
We don't move the WC to the winter when it's played in the southern hemisphere.

Not saying I don't agree about the Qataris. Hell, play in Yemen for that matter. But to suggest that the WC should never be played in the Middle East is something wholly different, and I think there are a lot of people who think just that.
Yeah, but what kind of temps will there be in brazil at that time? I dunno really, that's why i'm asking.

As for middle east part, I think it's not a suitable place to play there, specially in the summer and since winter might be acceptable weather but the time is not. This has nothing to do with people who live there, just a geographical location that isn't suitable. You know it being middle of the desert and all that.

I doubt that it will actually be held in quatar or in winter there, but i guess the only thing is to wait and see, Plus by the time it hits, I doubt I will even care a bit about it :D

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
Well, the WC will be during Brazil's "winter", but considering what they call winter weather would be considered good weather in most parts of the world (I think still in the 20s mostly), there's nothing to worry about there.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Summer in Qatar will have temperatures between 45 and 50 C. We'd have dead players on our hands.
So tell me, how can anyone even consider summer WC in Quatar then? Because as far as the official version it's how they won the bid, with a summer WC.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, the WC will be during Brazil's "winter", but considering what they call winter weather would be considered good weather in most parts of the world (I think still in the 20s mostly), there's nothing to worry about there.
It's nice temp, not perfect but nice. I remember WC in USA was extremely hot?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
So tell me, how can anyone even consider summer WC in Quatar then? Because as far as the official version it's how they won the bid, with a summer WC.
For me that's the part which just seems absolutely farcical. Why bother submitting a bid in the first place?

What FIFA should do is firstly reimburse those countries who put together a bid based on the original criteria, as it was clearly a complete waste of time and money. And secondly, when the next World Cup 'bid' comes around they should just say if there is a potential bidder they most prefer, which will be based mostly on money, and then ask if there are others who want to put a contesting bid (i.e. waste their time and money) forward to make it look like FIFA actually pay any attention to their own bidding criteria.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
That's one of the things that irks me too about this WC. Anyway you look at this Quatar wining wc it's a joke and just a mockery of everyone made by FIFA and Quatar.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
it's in 8 years ffs... chill the fuck out.
Thanks, I'll stop pulling my hair out of my head, this was so stressful until you told me to chill the fuck out.

Though I don't see how does 8 years or any other years change the the idea behind this.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Thanks, I'll stop pulling my hair out of my head, this was so stressful until you told me to chill the fuck out.

Though I don't see how does 8 years or any other years change the the idea behind this.
I don't see the point of this thread right now... Qatar 2022 is irrelevant afaic

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
I don't see the point of this thread right now... Qatar 2022 is irrelevant afaic
What is the point of any thread?

The thing is when do you consider it to be relevant then? And like Baus said, the fact that they think of mooving it to winter is very relevant. Not to mention to discuss the whole idea about this WC, which doesn't have anything to do with when the actual WC will be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)