Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 (1 Viewer)

JUVEMAN1211

Jun 22, 2011
Will always be behind FIFA in terms of sale and popularity. If we could get a combination of PES's graphics and license to champs league and copa lib plus FIFA's team and player licenses and gameplay mechanics, that would be the ultimate game ever created in the sport of football. Prob still gonna pick up FIFA.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
because EA holding the FIFA license until 2022 :yao:
for me (pc gamer) it's not a big problem, i'm using fan mods since pes6
Exactly, it's not 2002 any more. There are many good mods and option files that completely erase the lack of license, and the Editing feature is expansive so actually allows more realism than FIFA could have.

Plus the licensed tournaments; CL, EL, Libertadores and now Asian CL for 2014.

Aside from that this is a massive overhaul of the franchise, and if Konami have got it right they are going right back into the market. FIFA is very difficult to shift because of the name and right now has a superior game (reviews), but kids were still buying the FIFA franchise in their millions even when they were churning out the same turd on a disc between 1998 and 2006, so Konami shouldn't really concern themselves with trying to beat them for figures.

The best thing about FIFA is not their license but the game modes, that's the only thing I would add to PES, personally.

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
I don't get why Konami aint giving all freedom for PES patchers. If they could do whatever they want with that game, it would be simply awesome. For instance, now, if you want to add one championship more you must change it with another one. Sucks.

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
They really need to update the player animations. They are to rigid, looks scripted and on some of the motions even look a bit out of synch. I know it "might" change since the game hasn't been released yet. But it's been like that for some generations now.

JUVEMAN1211

Jun 22, 2011
I wouldn't say FIFA is shit. You've got to understand that placing a game of 90 mins within 6 to 5 mins halfs is pretty hard and FIFA does a damn good job of it, regardless of how much you suck at the game and such. PES has awkward annimations and doesn't feel "realistic" in my opinion. I understand FIFA sucked up until 09 but PES 06 will still have those wonky controls and animations regardless of fan-based mods. PES will always be behind and they know that and so do the players. EA is a larger, more rich company so they have the money to spend on new tech and gameplay overhauls, unlike Konami.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
If you didn't rate PES 6 because of the animations then PES is obviously not the series for you. Once you get used to playing one of the franchises it's difficult to get into the other one, because they played quite differently (although less in the last two releases). I understand how FIFA fans think the players 'glide' on PES, but I also find the same on FIFA. It's just different.

For instance I don't like the very deliberate movements in FIFA, as if all players can strike the ball in the same fashion. The Player ID feature is a definite plus from PES, and the more players they add the better.

JUVEMAN1211

Jun 22, 2011
I have played both. I owned PES 12 and both FIFA 12 and played both a lot. In PES it felt like (let me try and explain this it a way that makes sense) you only had eight directions you could move in on the gamepad, while in fifa it feels like you can move in a full circle? You know what I am saying. In terms of PES making certain players feel different and play how their counterparts do in real life, FIFA does the same thing. The upcoming FIFA, the developers are implimenting a new shooting feature where players will strike the ball in different ways because of the new physics placed on the ball.

Each game has its flaws and respective following. I am not trying knock on PES, I own it and played it a lot, but I still think FIFA will forever be a better simulation of football. PES is more rigid and FIFA is more fluid.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I think the opposite, as Konami's game has always been about the game play, not having flashy licensing etc. That was evident from the ISS Pro Evolution Soccer days where it came in and felt like something from the future compared to the plodding FIFA game (a bit like how you explained).

I suppose everyone has their own preferences. I know what you mean as I also have both games, but it isn't restrictive to me, and I feel like there is more creative freedom in PES.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)