Pro Evo Soccer 2012 (2 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Typical. I got it from Tesco for £32.71, decent price. The on-pitch game is better than the demo in my opinion, although that stupid fucking run glitch on the 360 is still there.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I finally have found the time to try out the complete version of PES 2012 yesterday and boy it was such a dissapointment.
ATM i believe it to be the worst PES of the decade.
In PES, i like to play with Juve, in the highest difficulty level, with all the latest updates, in terms of transfers and formations.
I start a master league season, with autosave and 15min HTs, trying to do my best on the occasional sparring time and slowly work my way to the seasons... till the next PES arrives.

Then occasionally, i play a 1vs1 when a fellow PES player visits me.
My preferable platform is the PC, because with patches i can easily manipulate img data and option files,
so i can easily play the game updated and with a great sense of realism, in my favourite master league + exhibition modes.

The most furstrating parts, in the latests PESes were the plastic look-alike of the footballers, that ruin the realistic feel.
The standard control issues and patterns that ruin the game, particularly:
-The inability to turn at will when hunting a fast ball.
-The inability to stop chasing a ball at will, that is bound to get off the field and provoke an out/corner.
-The innane control of penalty/FK
-The habbits of the defending players to get behind the opposing players, instead of trying to intercept the ball, before the attacker reaches it, despite my forcely induced perfect positioning.
-The tendency of the game to favor a certain party in all the challenged balls, 1vs1, within a game.
-The inability to do anything but a straight shoot while being in the opposition small and sometimes big territory. (even when i need a side pass, it always shoots)
-No manual change of players with the R1/RB, since the removal of the middle-way option,
between the semi-assisted player change and the set on control just one player,
even after he passes the ball to the next one.
-The inability to manually select the right defender that can be placed in front of a forward in a counterattack.
(even when i keep smashing the change player button, it will always only give the option to change to nearby players that have long lost the sprint and cannot reach the opposing attacker)

And many other minor control deficiences, that create a certain pattern within a game and lead to a predictable and very very frustrating gaming, as time goes on.
Many times its completely unavoidable to change the and of a particular action, like stopping a long lob from the middle of the field, to end as a corner and then stop the AI from scoring with a header between 5 defenders or the the 4-5th consecutive follow up shoot/attempt.

In this particular 2012 demo, they fixed almost all these control glitches that imposed those patterns and haunted the game for the past 5-8 years.
That made me really excited, as it was finally the step forward in gameplay terms, i was waiting for all those years.
I wouldnt mind the licenses or cartoony graphics.

But unfortuantely, they had to retract to their old habbits and revert many of the tweaks to the former state, at least for the PC version i had the opportunity to put my hands on.
This still leads to the same old frustration levels, witch are greatly the enhanced by the amputation of defending this year.
Against top difficulty AI, it is impossibly to diposses a player with the usual marking now and impossible to tackle without resulting to a foul or yellow card.
The game feels more and more like a pre-made spectacle of certain paterns that you partially participate.

The complete opposite with the free feel of precise control to do anything the DEMO had.
That was very satisfying, but its just very frustrating.
One other change i hated is the dependance on passing and dribbling by the complete overhaul of the speed of the footballer that happen to possess the ball.
Although i believe it to be a step on the right direction, as it moves away from EPL standards towards the Barca-tiki-taka.
But it still leads to pre-made patterns that impose the feel of the spectator, rather than the participant.
So you either push the certain button, at a certain moment, to follow a certain pattern, or you lose possesion.
You are robbed of option and creativity, unlike what was happening in the Demo.

And finally, what they have done with the master league?
They hide it well and you are now forced to play with the same group of completely uncompetent players, for a season's long, no matter the selected team and competition?

Hopefully with setting changes, i can tweak my way, back to the DEMO 2012 standards.
But it feels to me as a step backwards from the DEMO, as we are robbed of the level of control we had and Barcas game is the only viable gaming pattern, there is.
The game is calibrated way to offensive, not only be the Godly like dribbling, but also by the castration of the defenders and pressure...

A very unfortunate moment to drop the ball, as FIFA 2012 is rumored to be the best ever, so now Konami forces me to look elsewhere...

La Professore

Oct 15, 2011
i suck at this game. I tried playing with juve, manchester and real madrid. I think i won 1 out of 20 games in the most difficult mode (forgot its name). Lose vs all my friends as well :D

any tips? It seems impossible to defend vs the computer. they're just so good. The only thing i know so far in this game is cross -> header -> goal. otherwise im shit

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
i suck at this game. I tried playing with juve, manchester and real madrid. I think i won 1 out of 20 games in the most difficult mode (forgot its name). Lose vs all my friends as well :D

any tips? It seems impossible to defend vs the computer. they're just so good. The only thing i know so far in this game is cross -> header -> goal. otherwise im shit
Passing is the key. You need to see the pitch like Pirlo does. Following the map helps a lot, that's my secret.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
@Cronios: You just don't know how to play. :D
Maybe its just that, i cant pull/remember my old tricks, like super cancel, elbow, teleport players to the wall and lately i prefer the analogue handle of the players, which is really bad, comparing to the sharp digital one, but still some things are still there, there have been always there,
it is just teri bad that they fixed them for the 2011 and 2012 demos and yet they are still present on the final versions...

Or maybe i m just too old to overlook some things, then happen to be the same mistakes all over again and i am too tired of compromises...

I ll try the 360 version before i dismiss it though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)