Premier League 2019/20 (15 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Roy Keane was a bully in the same way Jordan could be, but had about a tenth of the natural talent.

Don't get me wrong, Roy Keane was actually underrated by some, who thought he was just a thug who went around kicking and intimidating people. He was one of the best passers of a ball in his prime, and many of them were dangerous passes forward. He could also run with the ball and got around the midfield. But there is no comparison to Jordan, who had all that fight plus all the talent and finesse.
No shit, Sherlock :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
England-related but nowhere else to put it. The article is about how unpopular the 1980 shirts were made by Admiral, as they moved away from plain white and red home/away shirts.

Fans loved them, and even today the home shirt is probably the most popular retro shirt, along with the '66 red one.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-50055675

_109239274_gettyimages-103095015.jpg

All those 70s and 80s kits look class now, in my opinion.

"England tonight unveiling their new strip," announced BBC commentator Barry Davies. "Though quite why the England shirt should have the colours of the union jack remains a mystery."
Fair point, but I'd also say it is a mystery why up until the 90s there were mostly Union Jack flags at England games. In 1966 if you look they were all Union Jacks.

Now if you watch an England game it is mostly all St. George's flags. I would say Euro '96 was the turning point and hosting a home tournament, the fans claimed the flag back from far right nationalists. Particularly so as Scotland were drawn in England's group.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Lol Gazza is a legend for pointing out the hypocrisy. On top of that the rampant nepotism he ran the club with, with cushy jobs and backroom deals for friends and family in transfers. But yeah his biggiest mistake is what he did to Beckham, a well behaved home made superstar, and you treat him like shit with violent outburst.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He is extra dumb for being vocally defiant, but this whole situation is stupid and filled with double standards a bit. Which makes people not take it as seriously as they should.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
few people are following the quarantine completely but posting yourself doing it to social media when you are a public figure who has almost certainly been warned by club management not to do that is...

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Can't imagine being on the brink of the life he could have and now facing a situation where he may face a very real chance of all of it being gone and ending up in prison.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
But if you think about it, this quarantine thing is the great equalizer on many levels, like even if you are rich you got nothing to spend your money on, and if you are hooked on that consumerist dopamine fix, well that's your crack.
Is it? Some of us can continue to work from home, pay rent, have food and even non essentials delivered basically ride out the no contact with others unaffected.

Other folks only chance to pay rent/ feed kids this month is rely on the government for help :scared:

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Is it? Some of us can continue to work from home, pay rent, have food and even non essentials delivered basically ride out the no contact with others unaffected.

Other folks only chance to pay rent/ feed kids this month is rely on the government for help :scared:
But that's exactly it, everyone's stuck in the basic need base of the pyramid, though yes at varying levels of success, but my point is if you are a multimillionaire you don't want to be at the basic need column, especially if you were stuck in that basic need most of your life. You wanna be ballin, buying and doing expensive stuff and showing it off that's why you worked so hard to get where you are.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
But that's exactly it, everyone's stuck in the basic need base of the pyramid, though yes at varying levels of success, but my point is if you are a multimillionaire you don't want to be at the basic need column, especially if you were stuck in that basic need most of your life. You wanna be ballin, buying and doing expensive stuff and showing it off that's why you worked so hard to get where you are.
Was i supposed to have quit ballin? woops.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Could be worse, he could be hudson odoi.
Yeah. Although I tend to give these footballers the benefit of the doubt when I read these stories, because so often they don't seem to be completely true, or at least they get away with it.

Hudson-Odoi has the potential to be a starting winger for one of the best England generations in a long time, so if he goes down for that he is definitely one of the dumbest fuckers around.

I tell you another huge idiot / waste of talent from England - Ravel Morrison. I think anyone who worked with him as a young player considered him the absolutely standout at his age in the country, in a Man Utd youth team that had Pogba. But his attitude was terrible.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
What is going on with Newcastle? Have they been bought yet?

Personally, I think having yet another rich team in the Premier League is the worst thing for the league. EPL already has issues with keeping all of their stars happy. There is a reason why guys like Pogba, Kane and Aubameyang are unhappy and want out. Stars are not interested in competing for 3-6th and risk missing out on the Champions League during their peak. This will present an opportunity for teams like Juventus, Inter and even a historically prestigious team like Milan if they get their finances in order to sign some superstars.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
What is going on with Newcastle? Have they been bought yet?

Personally, I think having yet another rich team in the Premier League is the worst thing for the league. EPL already has issues with keeping all of their stars happy. There is a reason why guys like Pogba, Kane and Aubameyang are unhappy and want out. Stars are not interested in competing for 3-6th and risk missing out on the Champions League during their peak. This will present an opportunity for teams like Juventus, Inter and even a historically prestigious team like Milan if they get their finances in order to sign some superstars.
not yet, but from what I read it looks likely. Could be another Man City in a couple seasons

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
No matter if you rate them or not, it is clear the player profile has changed, no more schweinsteiger, sanchez, matic, di maria type signings. Young or prime players, preferably british, who are stepping up to a bigger club and actually want to come to the club for footballing reasons.
You're right, they went from trying to bring in winners to signing overrated British bums which resulted in their worst season in 30 years and their longest run without a clean sheet in 40 something.

Btw, that Matić has been their best player since OGS was forced to put him in the team instead of mighty McTominay. They were fighting relegation without him in front of defense. 17.6% clean sheet rate in the PL without Matić this season, 41.6% with him. Over twice as likely to keep a clean sheet when Matić plays. Another overhyped british 'talent': win percentage this season with Rashford - 45% Without Rashford it's 66%. He has the same goalscoring record as Welbeck had at his age yet he's talked about as CR 2.0. Bench depth at best in a serious team.

Just on those signings, united did overpay for maguire, but he's definitely an improvement. He's better on the ball and in the air than the others and he is one of the best in the league. James was signed to be a squad/development player, his pace has been useful. Wan Bissaka defensively has been great, he does need to improve going forward tho. I notice you didn't mention bruno, maybe because you know he's a great signing :)
Only way Maguire was an improvement is he improved Leicester by leaving. Champs, then 9th twice with Maguire, as soon as he fucks off they're in CL again. Comes to United and they have their worst pts total in 30 years, horrible run without clean sheet. Smalling-Jones when healthy were miles better than him. Man has 0 trophies to his name, 4 relegations in his career and he's the most expensive CB ever. Gtfoh. Souness, Gerrard and Carragher couldn't have come up with something like that.

Wan-Bissaka is just bang average. He's an amazing tackler and that's about it. Gets lost positionally all the time, can't dribble, cross or pass. Decent depth signing for 10-ish m - bat-shit crazy for 50.

I didn't mention Bruno because he doesn't fit the mould you're describing. He's a successful, proven winning player, and not British.

If united are able to get sancho over the line things will be looking very good. Mctominay, Pogba, Bruno in the midfield and rashford, martial, sancho in attack is a very exciting lineup.
Just Sancho isn't going to bridge the gap with Liverpool and City. That's the standard of Man Utd. Not fighting for 'top 6'.

Fact is if anyone else other than a former club favorite was in charge and selling the bullshit he's selling there would be protests in front of OT. Mourinho was persona non grata for saying 2nd place behind City was a success with that team. Look at them now. Solskjaer has brainwashed them and lowered the standards to a minimum.

Just imagine us in 2010 under Ferrara, spending world record fees on average Italian dross and fans lapping it up. That's the path United are on with this policy. And they're not in a financial gutter we were in. They have the 3rd highest turnover in the world. They have the power and pull to have the best manager on their bench and 20 of the best players in the world in their team in two years tops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)