Premier League 2019/20 (3 Viewers)

Nov 25, 2005
Roy Keane was a bully in the same way Jordan could be, but had about a tenth of the natural talent.

Don't get me wrong, Roy Keane was actually underrated by some, who thought he was just a thug who went around kicking and intimidating people. He was one of the best passers of a ball in his prime, and many of them were dangerous passes forward. He could also run with the ball and got around the midfield. But there is no comparison to Jordan, who had all that fight plus all the talent and finesse.
No shit, Sherlock :D

JuveJay

起死回生
Mar 6, 2007
England-related but nowhere else to put it. The article is about how unpopular the 1980 shirts were made by Admiral, as they moved away from plain white and red home/away shirts.

Fans loved them, and even today the home shirt is probably the most popular retro shirt, along with the '66 red one.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-50055675

_109239274_gettyimages-103095015.jpg

All those 70s and 80s kits look class now, in my opinion.

"England tonight unveiling their new strip," announced BBC commentator Barry Davies. "Though quite why the England shirt should have the colours of the union jack remains a mystery."
Fair point, but I'd also say it is a mystery why up until the 90s there were mostly Union Jack flags at England games. In 1966 if you look they were all Union Jacks.

Now if you watch an England game it is mostly all St. George's flags. I would say Euro '96 was the turning point and hosting a home tournament, the fans claimed the flag back from far right nationalists. Particularly so as Scotland were drawn in England's group.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Lol Gazza is a legend for pointing out the hypocrisy. On top of that the rampant nepotism he ran the club with, with cushy jobs and backroom deals for friends and family in transfers. But yeah his biggiest mistake is what he did to Beckham, a well behaved home made superstar, and you treat him like shit with violent outburst.

Kyle

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
  • Kyle

Kyle

Can't imagine being on the brink of the life he could have and now facing a situation where he may face a very real chance of all of it being gone and ending up in prison.

Kyle

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
  • Kyle

Kyle

But if you think about it, this quarantine thing is the great equalizer on many levels, like even if you are rich you got nothing to spend your money on, and if you are hooked on that consumerist dopamine fix, well that's your crack.
Is it? Some of us can continue to work from home, pay rent, have food and even non essentials delivered basically ride out the no contact with others unaffected.

Other folks only chance to pay rent/ feed kids this month is rely on the government for help :scared:

Apr 14, 2005
Is it? Some of us can continue to work from home, pay rent, have food and even non essentials delivered basically ride out the no contact with others unaffected.

Other folks only chance to pay rent/ feed kids this month is rely on the government for help :scared:
But that's exactly it, everyone's stuck in the basic need base of the pyramid, though yes at varying levels of success, but my point is if you are a multimillionaire you don't want to be at the basic need column, especially if you were stuck in that basic need most of your life. You wanna be ballin, buying and doing expensive stuff and showing it off that's why you worked so hard to get where you are.

Kyle

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
  • Kyle

Kyle

But that's exactly it, everyone's stuck in the basic need base of the pyramid, though yes at varying levels of success, but my point is if you are a multimillionaire you don't want to be at the basic need column, especially if you were stuck in that basic need most of your life. You wanna be ballin, buying and doing expensive stuff and showing it off that's why you worked so hard to get where you are.
Was i supposed to have quit ballin? woops.

JuveJay

起死回生
Mar 6, 2007
Could be worse, he could be hudson odoi.
Yeah. Although I tend to give these footballers the benefit of the doubt when I read these stories, because so often they don't seem to be completely true, or at least they get away with it.

Hudson-Odoi has the potential to be a starting winger for one of the best England generations in a long time, so if he goes down for that he is definitely one of the dumbest fuckers around.

I tell you another huge idiot / waste of talent from England - Ravel Morrison. I think anyone who worked with him as a young player considered him the absolutely standout at his age in the country, in a Man Utd youth team that had Pogba. But his attitude was terrible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)