Premier League 2017/18 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
It's £75 mill makes me think

He thought he fixed it signing lovren and he went for a stupid amount. I hope van dijk becomes a flop
1) sometimes I feel you guys don't understand your power as a selling team.

2) Lovren was signed by B Rod. Matip and Klavan are Klopp guys.

- - - Updated - - -

75m for Van Dijk is utter ludacris. Can't fathom that price. What on earth have 'Pool been smoking; even in january they should be able to get a better player for 75m sterlings.
This shit is crazy!

I wanted us to get the defender from Lazio with the expiring contract.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Might as well pay £300m for the next player they sign. It's like spending Zimbabwean dollars with their tv money, the inflation is hilarious.

Great for buying clubs, either abroad or domestic who spend the money on non-playing assets. I don't know quite what Southampton will do with £75m but I imagine it'll be similar to what Newcastle did with their Andy Carroll £35m.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It filters its way down the English leagues. FLC and FL1 players are going for £12m - £30m. Players are being bought into the FLC for close to £20m, it's beyond reason.

May 26, 2016
Asia pays a lot I believe as well

It may be a garbage league but the surprise factor and schock value is what keeps casual fans entertained and catches their attention
Yep, Its a much more attracting league to watch compared to both bundesliga and serie a, especially for "casual" football fans.

The game between Bournemouth - West ham this week was a perfect of example of why the PL sell so well: Absolutely ridicolously unpredictable and full of defensive mistakes, which makes for games with loads of goals and "thrill".

La liga is imo where the best football is being played, but the league is too dominated by either Barca or Madrid and there are not enough "surprises"

However, its nice to see Valencia doing well again, hopefully they can return to their glory days: Aimar, Baraja, Vicente, David Villa, Marchena, Ayala, Mendieta. That was a great team to watch back in the days.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
BL is way more entertaining, top clubs aside. the atmosphere, the game itself, EPL isnt as great to watch (i once fell asleep during a Manure game around 2012). it only offers you entertainment if its the only league you saw (probably about 60% of their viewers), and have no clue about other leagues. i imagine there is a whole bunch of casual fans that have their mind set at it being the best league in the world and there being no reason to watch other leagues, if the best is already there for you (ignorance). kinda like the NBA, how many casual watchers even know about the Euroleague for example, i think is the same with EPL, only that the NBA really is by far the rest, while EPL is not

- - - Updated - - -

but its all marketing, its the best tool to attract ignorance, so EPL did a good job in this regard i have to say

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
BL is way more entertaining, top clubs aside. the atmosphere, the game itself, EPL isnt as great to watch (i once fell asleep during a Manure game around 2012). it only offers you entertainment if its the only league you saw (probably about 60% of their viewers), and have no clue about other leagues. i imagine there is a whole bunch of casual fans that have their mind set at it being the best league in the world and there being no reason to watch other leagues, if the best is already there for you (ignorance). kinda like the NBA, how many casual watchers even know about the Euroleague for example, i think is the same with EPL, only that the NBA really is by far the rest, while EPL is not

- - - Updated - - -

but its all marketing, its the best tool to attract ignorance, so EPL did a good job in this regard i have to say
Lol I fall asleep nearly every Juve game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)