post your all time dream team squad! (6 Viewers)

Aug 17, 2007
It's really hard to choose only 11, but here's my list. I put only players that I really watched, that's why there are no players from the 60's-70's-80's. In the spirit of the 90's, my formation is 4-4-2 diamond:

-------------Gigi-----------------

---Cafu---Canna---Nesta---Maldini

------------Davids---------------
--Beckham----------------Nedved
-------------Zidane--------------

--------Ale----------Ronaldo (original)

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Juventino[RUS];4236235 said:
Yashin
Cannavaro - Scirea - Nesta
Thuram - Pirlo - Davids - Zambrotta
Nedved
Del Piero - Trezeguet
Yashin, your childhood hero?

Nice to see so many Juventini in everyone's all time dream teams. You would think we woulda won more than just 2 ECs.

ZizouPavel

TheLionOfPrague
May 31, 2013
Maldini and Nesta are better than Cannavaro imo. I think Maldini deserved a Ballon D'or, not Fabio.

-------------Gigi-----------------

---Cafu---Canna---Nesta---Maldini

------------Davids---------------
--Beckham----------------Nedved
-------------Zidane--------------

--------Ale----------Ronaldo (original)
This one's great but......Beckham? Most over-rated player in the last 20 years.

Nice to see so many Juventini in everyone's all time dream teams. You would think we woulda won more than just 2 ECs.
Well, most of the players mentioned are from the team that would've won it if it wasn't for Nedved's YC and Dida saving penalties 3 meters away from the goal line.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Well, most of the players mentioned are from the team that would've won it if it wasn't for Nedved's YC and Dida saving penalties 3 meters away from the goal line.
Then these all time greats should've won despite all that. I would guess that probably only Buffon and maybe Zidane, of Juve players from the last 20 years could make that list.

Also, if people are gonna add players from before their times, it's funny that the other 8 or 9 greatest players are from the nineties to now. Like only 3 of the other all time greats are from before this period.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Then these all time greats should've won despite all that. I would guess that probably only Buffon and maybe Zidane, of Juve players from the last 20 years could make that list.

Also, if people are gonna add players from before their times, it's funny that the other 8 or 9 greatest players are from the nineties to now. Like only 3 of the other all time greats are from before this period.
rose colored glasses

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

for the simple reason that current players are better athletes

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
so players from the 2010's should be better than players from the 90's

because i always hear that messi wouldn't be nearly as good if he were playing in another era.

ZizouPavel

TheLionOfPrague
May 31, 2013

Well, that's true. If you add players that you didn't watch it's irrational to put 8 players from the same decade and only 3 players from the 80 years prior to that.

If we are talking about an all time squad I guess Buffon could be the best GK ever (maybe Yashin or Smeichel too), I can't think of many players better than Nedved in his position (box to box or left midfielder). Zidane was unlucky to be playing in the same position as Maradona but you can include both I guess. From older players I guess Scirea would make it too.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I never watched the bold ones, and there's no way I'd consider Maldini better than Cannavaro.
Sorry man, but you are so wrong here, that it hurts. Cannavaro was a good defender during 2 years. Maldini was in the best ever milan side since he was a teenager for a reason.
Best defender i have ever seen. But i didnt watch scirea or baresi(prime)

Better athletes dont make better players.

Nesta at 35 still was the best defender in the world when in a good day, and he was never a marvellous athlete.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)