Player Wages Thread (2 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
So what teams will do good with this new rule? I guess this rule should benefit teams like us, Milan and Bayern?
Will it benefit Milan?

Has Berlusconi not claimed he's been spending about 60m per year on Milan*?

That would have to stop.

*I'm fully aware this may be a lie/exaggerated figure.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
So what teams will do good with this new rule? I guess this rule should benefit teams like us, Milan and Bayern?
not really,these clubs already have established squads,we will still be playing catch up,that said it should make player transfers and demands a little more realistic when selling clubs and agents realise there will be no bottomless pit of money for the clubs to tap into

Nov 1, 2002
i think so, but chelsea, real madrid, man city already built a star teams, they took the advantage before the new rule so they dont need to spend much and in other way i think they wont sell because they bought them for huge amounts so in the end its them who will suffer if any of their stars flops.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
not really,these clubs already have established squads,we will still be playing catch up,that said it should make player transfers and demands a little more realistic when selling clubs and agents realise there will be no bottomless pit of money for the clubs to tap into
i think so, but chelsea, real madrid, man city already built a star teams, they took the advantage before the new rule so they dont need to spend much and in other way i think they wont sell because they bought them for huge amounts so in the end its them who will suffer if any of their stars flops.
Aye (my favourite Scottish word), but if they're running at losses currently they may have to sell some players and won't be able to offer the wages they always were.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
This is why we should have gotten our youth system in order as soon as Calciopoli hit. We should have invested more money in our program, tried to pull in younger starlets everywhere from Bari to Brasilia, and also purchased younger players for the first team. I'm talking about 19 or 20 year-olds here. But at the time, nobody wanted to do that, with most opting to be greedy in trying to get back on top in a couple of years.

Well, it doesn't work that way. And it was a failure.

Taking the Wenger approach made a hell of a lot of sense at the time. I'm with the likes of Sergio who say this should have been the plan long ago. And most probably, we would already have a good base of younger, talented players by now so that we wouldn't have to address this in 2010.

It might seem like a lot of Monday morning quarterbacking, but it really isn't. This plan has been presented before. It's a bit late.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Didn't we try to integrate young players though? The likes of Bojinov, Paro, Marchisio, Piccolo, ... all played a substantial part in that campaign. Sadly, most of them have turned out to be not so great.

The serie B adventure was always going to be tricky. Every possible measure was taken in order to "ensure" an immediate return, and it worked.
Who knows what would have happened had we only focused on young, unproven players? A second year in Serie B? Maybe even longer? We'll never know...

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Its all a nice theory, but with the triad gone and nobody wanting to join the "burned" juve, we simply couldnt attrackt the right staff to do so.

also, the last 5 years, there really hasent been much exciting new talent in italy
at least, talent we could persuade to play here

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
i'm with futter here...it was a risk if we signed too many young players..anyways we had chiello, de cegle, giovinco, paro, marchisio.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Even if it was the plan to save this mercato in preperation for the next will we have enough funds to buy as many good players as we'll need to? If all the loaned players go back to their clubs then that leaves a huge gap that is going to cost a lot of fill if we want the kind of quality we'll need.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Here is when the contracts of our players expire:

- Alessandro Del Piero
- Hasan Salihamidzic
- Nicola Legrottaglie
- Alex Manninger
- Alberto Aquilani
- Fabio Quagliarella
- Armand Traore
- Simone Pepe
- Marco Motta
- Leandro Rinaudo

- Amauri
- Tiago Mendes
- Fabio Grosso
- Zdenek Grygera
- Davide Lanzafame

- Gianluigi Buffon
- Mohamed Sissoko
- Vincenzo Iaquinta
- Giorgio Chiellini
- Paolo De Ceglie
- Marco Storari

- Felipe Melo
- Claudio Marchisio
- Milos Krasic
- Jorge Martinez

- Leonardo Bonucci

Geof

May 14, 2004
-Chiellini is reportedly close to sign a new deal for 4 million until 2015.

- Marchisio is still negotiating, he asks 3 million, but Juve only proposes 2 (I understand he currently makes 1 million).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)