Player Wages Thread (9 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
So hopefully this means the club is saving funds for next season when CL qualification will make the club much more appealing to top players.
I'm pretty sure that was the plan.

The problem is will we make the top 4. The team we have right now might achieve that, might even get a direct CL qualification, but it's not giving me much hope that CL will be achieved, especially since 2 teams are almost guaranteed to finish above us and we're practically fighting for the other 2 places.
We must be better than at least 16 of the remaining 17 teams.

I give it a 50-50 chance, which is too little for a club of Juve's stature.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
I doubt they're saving anything but sums from unpaid deals made on the course of 2-3 seasons.

Had our management really planned some emergency transfer budget Im sure this transfer window was the one to spend it on.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Do you guys know which players are in the last year of their contract? Some big wage contracts expiring next season?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Do you guys know which players are in the last year of their contract? Some big wage contracts expiring next season?
Juve don't have many out of contract next season.

I think Trezeguet, Camoranesi and Zebina were going to be, but they've been shipped out a year early.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Del Piero :p

Brazzo (2m eur wages) and Legro (1m eur) are the other two whose contract expires next season.
Brazzo will be released and won't be offered a new contract I'm sure. Del Piero will sign a new contract. Dunno about Legro.

P.S: Grosso, Tiago and Grygera will still have a year left (till 2012). Expect more drama with those three.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Del Piero :p

Brazzo (2m eur wages) and Legro (1m eur) are the other two whose contract expires next season.
Brazzo will be released and won't be offered a new contract I'm sure. Del Piero will sign a new contract. Dunno about Legro.
Thanks.

How much is DP making now?

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
4.5m eur were his wages at the start of last year. Right now he's the second highest paid Juve player after Buffon. I don't know if there was a pay-cut after that. I didn't hear of one.
Gigi makes 5m right?

Do you think we'll be offering 7-8m in the future like most other big clubs are doing these days?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Gigi makes 5m right?

Do you think we'll be offering 7-8m in the future like most other big clubs are doing these days?
With the new financial regulations coming in, there will be even fewer clubs around capable of paying wages like that, so I'm not sure Juve would need to do that to compete with other teams.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Gigi makes 5m right?

You're asking me if we'll be a rich team. I don't know.
If we do then surely we will have to pay such high wages for great players because the best players require much higher wages than what we're paying right now.

Another option is to try to do what Inter did last year. They had a very high paid Eto'o while none of the others earned more than 4.5m eur.
Still, they had 18 players who earned 3m eur or more (quality players but not superstars of Messi's, Zlatan's or Dinho's level) and they had a great group which didn't have too many superstars, but had a lot of quality.
At the same time Juve had "only" 7 such players with wages of 3m eur or higher and 4 of them were deep in their 30's, living the last years of the high contracts they signed when they were still great.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
With the new financial regulations coming in, there will be even fewer clubs around capable of paying wages like that, so I'm not sure Juve would need to do that to compete with other teams.
Ok, what financial regulations? Do you know where I can read more about them?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
good thing is that the next season.. business men cant buy players anymore, clubs are allowed to buy from what they make. thanks to Platini to stop this Real Madrid, Man City, Chelsea mess.
So what teams will do good with this new rule? I guess this rule should benefit teams like us, Milan and Bayern?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)