Perugia chase female player !?! (4 Viewers)

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Well it is called ice skiing to defer it from water skiing ;) But usually it's called just skiing. You know tomba? He's the best skier ever :)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
Well it is called ice skiing to defer it from water skiing ;) But usually it's called just skiing. You know tomba? He's the best skier ever :)
Lol, all the confusion for nothing. Indeed it's called skiing. :p

nina, isn't Tomba broke now, I heard they made him pay his taxes finally. :D Back in the days he really was the king though :cool:

nina

Feb 18, 2001
I only heard something about him running away from the tax people, but that he is actually broke, that hasn't passed by me :undecide: Poor Alberto.

Jul 19, 2003
In U.S. Mia ham wanted to mix the girls in the mls. The people refused her strike. And in Mexico they expiremented with a female referee. It might be an ok show for us males anyways. And a pioneer for the women.

SilvLightning

Sep 1, 2002
I completly agree with all of you that think that a woman can't compete in seria A or cannot handle playing with guys. I know, I've played football with guys and it's just not the same.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
But dont you think that this is a bit, i dont know..tough for ladies??.

OK, just suppouse that the girl is dribbling and doing some good stuff, then, a defebder comes and do an horrible tackle to the girl......and she gets injured.

It doesnt look xtrange?, because is a girl, and cannot be threated like a male player.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Yes and in the end, she is a lady after all.

the guys cant kick her ass, like they do with a male player.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
A femail referee from Switzerland has a game in the qualifying round of the UEFA Cup this year. Check UEFA.com if you don't believe me.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
In Italy a female linesmen was in Serie A last season and a female ref, reffed a match either in Serie B or C1, not sure.

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
i still cannot agree by any reason that girls are able to play together with men. i stongly agree with hydde in this part of the facts, a girl can be really bad injured by a football player with some tough tackle. but i have to add something : the president said the girl must be 1.90 m tall and 80 kg, so this changes the problem's dates a little :D

OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #76
    ++ [ originally posted by BloodOnMoral ] ++
    a girl can be really bad injured by a football player with some tough tackle.
    Maybe the women will have an advantage, the men might be too afraid to go in for a hard tackle, because they don't want to look like dicks...

SilvLightning

Sep 1, 2002
    Swedish woman said to be Serie A prospect

Wednesday September 3, 2003 10:27AM
    SI.com

ROME (AP) -- Sweden's Hanna Ljungberg could become the first woman to play in the top Italian league, news reports in Italy and Sweden indicated Wednesday.

Luciano Gaucci, the president of Serie A club Perugia who earlier this year signed Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi's son Saadi in an attention-grabbing gambit, has been talking about signing a female player since July, and Ljungberg could be the perfect fit.

The 24-year-old striker is Sweden's leading scorer with 48 goals in 88 international games.

Gaucci said he plans to have a female player "within a month," according to Wednesday's Gazzetta dello Sport.

"It sounds unbelievable. What would they need a woman player for?" Ljungberg told Swedish tabloid Aftonbladet. "I wait to say anything until the day something happens. But if they would contact me it would be a great honor."

Ljungberg, who is 1.60 meters tall (5-foot-3) currently plays her club ball with Umea IK, the UEFA Women's Cup champions.

"I met the American Mia Hamm at the Algarve (Portugal) tournament, but Hanna is much stronger," Swedish teammate Anna Sjostroem told Gazzetta.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

At first wjen I heard of a female player I thought they weren't that serious but who knows...they seem to just want attention. 'Cause I really can't seem to imagine a woman playing soccer professionally with guys.

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
    I can't imagine if she were accepted, and she was chossen to play in a match ahead of some other players....... how the guys she was chossen over will feel

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)