Paulo Dybala (74 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Knowing Marotta it means that Lautaro will be sold to strengthen somewhere else. They will get Dybala, the better player in the same position for nothing, higher wages but it won't matter and cash to buy another player.
The comparison between Lautaro and Dybala was already laid out by Zeus above.

I highly doubt they would sell Lautaro right after giving him a new contract. He's their main player and what kind of signal it is for the remaining important players? If a club offers you a contract for 4-5 years they also present you with a plan. If such a plan changes in less than a year for arguably the most important player then if I were an Inter player I would also start to plan my future elsewhere. In their case those could be Skriniar, Barella or Bastoni.

Also, I thought that we already learned how it goes with getting players on high wages "for nothing". Especially those that are near 30yo and injury prone.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
After signing Vlahovic I don't think losing Dybala will hurt much. It's a ballsy move by the club and doesn't give Paulo as much leverage as he had before being on of the if not the main star in the team. He needs to start producing fast if he still wants to demand big money.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Essentially that's the same as "leave on Bosman". It's not realistic to renew him at such numbers.
We're around 10th in the world when it comes to financial power.

If we're struggling to offer Dybala 8m+2m or whatever was the agreement, I imagine that most clubs below us financially like Atletico or Inter wouldnt offer that either. Inter f.e. just agreed to a 6m contract with Martinez, would they offer significantly more to Dybala? Doubtful.

EPL clubs, PSG, Barca, Real and Bayern probably could afford to give him a larger wage, but then it is a question will any of them bet on him and will he want to go there?

Jäger

May 2, 2021
We have said a thousand times that there is the October agreement, in December instead “see you in February" for various reasons. In my opinion the game will be played at the meeting mand we will see if there will be a renewal or not.

[romeoagresti]

So much for "101% done" lol

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Given his inconsistency and injury track record, I really don’t think he should earn that kind of money and at 29 I would sign such a long term contract.

I just don’t see him making the difference in big games.

I’d still be happy to keep him at current wages for another year or 2. But I doubt he Will accept that.

Sjaban

Dec 29, 2012
Still on the fence whether we should renew contract with Dybala. On the one hand, I am really curious to see how he will play alongside Vlahovic. When we last had a strong CF (Mandzukic) with good hold up play next to him, Dybala performed at his best. However, there is that possibility that he will get injured again and with the money he frees up we could possible rebuild other parts of our squad that desperately need it.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
He will gain a lot, maybe not in wages as you said but he will rub it in the face of the management that dragged his contract negotiations so long. He will get reunited with Marotta who was the one who found him in the first place. He will play in a system that he is used to where he used to score. He will win titles. He will refresh his careeer altogether.
He will go from playing with Vlahovic, Cuads and Chiesa to washed up Dzeko (maybe Scamacca), Dumfries and Lautaro.

So let's not act inferior to those peasants. We have everything to beat them next season. With or without Dybala.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008

He's most lethal in front of goal. Those side passes 40m from opposition goal has to stop.

3-5-2 is best formation in the moment for the team and him. God help us all with that afwul 4-4-2 without Chiesa.
Someone who watched Serie A back then, I see.

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
I am much more relaxed about this situation with Vlahovic in our team. I still want him to renew and hopefully a financially sustainable solution is found, if not use the saved wages and amortization on a WC winger or B2B goal scoring midfielder.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 70)