Paulo Dybala (89 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Count whatever you want but the point still stands. It's normal to have more assists coming from strikers and wingers, not playmakers.
Depends on where the playmaker operates on the pitch. And Dybala operates up around the box majority of the time, while dropping deep when required. He’s not playing as a deep-lying playmaker. He’s playing as a CAM/treq at worst. Hardly different from someone like De Bruyne who averages triple the assists

Dybala’s best ability is his goalscoring. Get a proper midfield that doesn’t require him dropping deep as often, and let him thrive around the box as a goalscorer.

First few seasons of his Juve career @CrimsonianKing and I hoped he’d become that Romario type of forward that he showed flashes of. He’s been dropping too deep for years now and it hasn’t been successful for the club or for him.

- - - Updated - - -

“He's a master of the reduced space of the penalty area. A square metre for him is like an acre. Why? Low centre of gravity, powerful thighs so he can explode, wonderful finishing ability. Both because he's very proficient technically, but also because he's so cold in front of goal."

This description of Romario could easily be about Dybala, when he’s at his best and operating in and around the box.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
@Nedved96
This isn’t meant to bash Dybala. I think he’s a fantastic player. But I’d rather see him play as a goalscoring fox in and around the box. If we’re going to keep him, get us a KDB type, an actual playmaker for the mid, partner him with a forward that suits his style, and let Dybala do what he does best, bang in the goals with that wicked left foot.
His best position might be as a forward but his best games for us have been as amc in 4-2-3-1.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Depends on where the playmaker operates on the pitch. And Dybala operates up around the box majority of the time, while dropping deep when required. He’s not playing as a deep-lying playmaker. He’s playing as a CAM/treq at worst. Hardly different from someone like De Bruyne who averages triple the assists

Dybala’s best ability is his goalscoring. Get a proper midfield that doesn’t require him dropping deep as often, and let him thrive around the box as a goalscorer.

First few seasons of his Juve career @CrimsonianKing and I hoped he’d become that Romario type of forward that he showed flashes of. He’s been dropping too deep for years now and it hasn’t been successful for the club or for him.

- - - Updated - - -

“He's a master of the reduced space of the penalty area. A square metre for him is like an acre. Why? Low centre of gravity, powerful thighs so he can explode, wonderful finishing ability. Both because he's very proficient technically, but also because he's so cold in front of goal."

This description of Romario could easily be about Dybala, when he’s at his best and operating in and around the box.
I wasn't talking about Dybala in this case. I was replying to your post in general.

De Bruyne is one of the best but I wouldn't classify him as a playmaker.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
His best position might be as a forward but his best games for us have been as amc in 4-2-3-1.
Best games, but again, they are the games where he is playing up around the box and looks more like a Second/support striker scoring goals. I don’t think he makes for a lone forward, but give him a partner up front, and a proper midfield behind, and he’ll be great imo.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Only see his best production is close to goal. Does very little defensively anyway to be near midfield. Saw PP today against Tott and looked special racing forward with the ball. Only one game but like to see it in Turin assisting for #10. That said if CR7 goes no reason Juve can't afford both Dybala and PP.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
He looks on decent form right now. Made some good runs, passes a couple hustles.

Hopefully he starts against Atalanta

- - - Updated - - -

Paratici: ‘Dybala contract talks ongoing’

Juventus’ CFO Fabio Paratici claims talks to extend Paulo Dybala’s contract are ongoing and provides updates on the future of Alvaro Morata.
Both strikers are tipped to leave Turin in the summer with Dybala, who hasn’t reached an agreement to renew his contract expiring in 2022, while Morata’s loan may not be extended, according to reports in Italy.
“We have many options regarding Morata,” Paratici told Sky Sport.
“We can sign him on a permanent deal or extend his stay on loan. He’s given a lot to Juventus and we trust him. He is a serious guy and we’ve always believed in him.
“We talk to Dybala’s agent every week,” Paratici continued.
“Clearly, we can’t forget the moment we are living, and I am not only talking about football. One year ago, COVID appeared to be lasting just a couple of months.
“There have been steps forwards and backwards and now there’s a sense of negativity we can’t leave. We must be responsible for everything we do, not only in football."
Juventus face Genoa today with Nicolò Rovella who will play his first game against the Old Lady since completing his transfer in January. The 19-year-old has remained on loan at Genoa.
“We are happy to have signed him. He is a talented Italian footballer," Paratici said.
"He is a hard worker, and this is his most important quality. He is a smart guy, which will help him get far.”

https://www.football-italia.net/169005/paratici-‘dybala-contract-talks-ongoing’

That doesn't sound good. Maybe something is off with the translation?
He's talking about Covid. Sense of negativity we can't leave. Responsible in everything we do. Steps forwards and backwards. This is all about Covid, not Dybala and his contract.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
It hurts Dybala has been Juventus MVP of the season 2 times, if not even 3, doesn't it? :klin:
2015/16 is debatable
2016/17 is debatable
2017/18 is inarguable, he was clearly our best player that season.
2019/20 is debatable

You could argue that Dybala has been our best player in anywhere from 1-4 seasons, depending on one's point of view.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
2015/16 is debatable
2016/17 is debatable
2017/18 is inarguable, he was clearly our best player that season.
2019/20 is debatable

You could argue that Dybala has been our best player in anywhere from 1-4 seasons, depending on one's point of view.
2017-18 in Serie A, yes. He was our best performer. But in Champion’s League he was utterly dreadful, 1 goal - 0 assists from 33 attempts at goal. And the red card in the first leg against Madrid was just the cherry on top.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
2017-18 in Serie A, yes. He was our best performer. But in Champion’s League he was utterly dreadful, 1 goal - 0 assists from 33 attempts at goal. And the red card in the first leg against Madrid was just the cherry on top.
Yeah I was thinking mainly about Serie A.

Dybala's 2016/17 UCL campaign was much better than his 2017/18 campaign, but overall he still had a better season in 2017/18.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 69)