Paulo Dybala (168 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
He looks on decent form right now. Made some good runs, passes a couple hustles.

Hopefully he starts against Atalanta

- - - Updated - - -

Paratici: ‘Dybala contract talks ongoing’

Juventus’ CFO Fabio Paratici claims talks to extend Paulo Dybala’s contract are ongoing and provides updates on the future of Alvaro Morata.
Both strikers are tipped to leave Turin in the summer with Dybala, who hasn’t reached an agreement to renew his contract expiring in 2022, while Morata’s loan may not be extended, according to reports in Italy.
“We have many options regarding Morata,” Paratici told Sky Sport.
“We can sign him on a permanent deal or extend his stay on loan. He’s given a lot to Juventus and we trust him. He is a serious guy and we’ve always believed in him.
“We talk to Dybala’s agent every week,” Paratici continued.
“Clearly, we can’t forget the moment we are living, and I am not only talking about football. One year ago, COVID appeared to be lasting just a couple of months.
“There have been steps forwards and backwards and now there’s a sense of negativity we can’t leave. We must be responsible for everything we do, not only in football."
Juventus face Genoa today with Nicolò Rovella who will play his first game against the Old Lady since completing his transfer in January. The 19-year-old has remained on loan at Genoa.
“We are happy to have signed him. He is a talented Italian footballer," Paratici said.
"He is a hard worker, and this is his most important quality. He is a smart guy, which will help him get far.”

https://www.football-italia.net/169005/paratici-‘dybala-contract-talks-ongoing’

That doesn't sound good. Maybe something is off with the translation?

Last edited:

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
For some reason I think It's for the best if him, Bonucci and Sandro leave.

Max wanted a revolution after Cardiff and for me I think those 3 players may of been amongst he ones he wanted gone.

Others from that era like Mandzukic, Pjanic, Khedira, Higuain and Matuidi are already gone so lets just let it die so we can rebuild again.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
lol nah. And I love Dybala.
There is no competition from the midfielders

Ronaldo and Chiesa are probably better crossers but not as good at breaking the lines through the middle

Bonucci... a different type of passer, playing from deep is different from playing in the opponents half where things are more congested

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
There is no competition from the midfielders

Ronaldo and Chiesa are probably better crossers but not as good at breaking the lines through the middle

Bonucci... a different type of passer, playing from deep is different from playing in the opponents half where things are more congested
Bonucci is a better passer regardless. Of course it’s different though.

Ronaldo when he wants to pass is a better passer and does it with both feet. I’d say it’s a wash due to the fact Ronaldo doesn’t choose to pass near as often.

Morata is as good or better passing around the box. And definitely better on final ball passing. Dude has hit 11 assists in 2 of his 3 Juve seasons now. Dybala hasn’t gone over 9 in 6 seasons.

Dybala because he has participated in our build-up play more is better than anyone on this team passing to begin movements out of mid, but he’s never had particularly great vision in and around the box for passing in part because he often has tunnel vision for goal. If he was some great playmaker he wouldn’t be maxing out at 9 assists in a season. Especially not playing alongside Ronaldo and Higuain.

Last edited:

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Assists ≠ Passing Ability

Benzema has more career assists than Iniesta does.

Players who spend most of their time in the box will naturally have more assists than those who drop deep, regardless of whether or not they are actually better passers.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Assists ≠ Passing Ability

Benzema has more career assists than Iniesta does.

Players who spend most of their time in the box will naturally have more assists than those who drop deep, regardless of whether or not they are actually better passers.
Of course it doesn’t. Which I said. But it does have a lot to do with passing around the box. You were talking about an “almost” assist, and how great a playmaker he is. And I agree he is our best playmaker operating deeper, but he loses that almost entirely in and around the box. He gets tunnel vision and rarely picks out good passes.

And that’s the difference between Dybala having 5-9 assists/year and De Bruyne having 18-25 assists/year

It also explains why Dybala attempted 33 shots at goal in 8 matches in CL 2017-18 season, and only scored once. Playing alongside Higuain. He also had 0 assists. That’s absolutely embarrassingly bad from our CAM/playmaker

Last edited:

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Bonucci is a better passer regardless. Of course it’s different though.

Ronaldo when he wants to pass is a better passer and does it with both feet. I’d say it’s a wash due to the fact Ronaldo doesn’t choose to pass near as often.

Morata is as good or better passing around the box. And definitely better on final ball passing. Dude has hit 11 assists in 2 of his 3 Juve seasons now. Dybala hasn’t gone over 9 in 6 seasons.

Dybala because he has participated in our build-up play more is better than anyone on this team passing to begin movements out of mid, but he’s never had particularly great vision in and around the box for passing in part because he often has tunnel vision for goal. If he was some great playmaker he wouldn’t be maxing out at 9 assists in a season. Especially not playing alongside Ronaldo and Higuain.
Playmakers' main role is not providing assists and a playmaker is not supposed to be the team's main assister.

It's normal for a good striker to have a lot of assists because he plays near the goal where he can do flicks, take shots that get deflected and win penalties.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Playmakers' main role is not providing assists and a playmaker is not supposed to be the team's main assister.

It's normal for a good striker to have a lot of assists because he plays near the goal where he can do flicks, take shots that get deflected and win penalties.
Im only talking non-penalty assists. Passes (with foot or head), crosses, and set pieces. Penalties, rebounds, and deflections don’t count as assists either by UEFA, the league, or whoscored. Only transfrmarket stats count those things.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Im only talking non-penalty assists. Passes (with foot or head), crosses, and set pieces. Penalties, rebounds, and deflections don’t count as assists either by UEFA, the league, or whoscored. Only transfrmarket stats count those things.
Count whatever you want but the point still stands. It's normal to have more assists coming from strikers and wingers, not playmakers.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
@Nedved96
This isn’t meant to bash Dybala. I think he’s a fantastic player. But I’d rather see him play as a goalscoring fox in and around the box. If we’re going to keep him, get us a KDB type, an actual playmaker for the mid, partner him with a forward that suits his style, and let Dybala do what he does best, bang in the goals with that wicked left foot.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
@Nedved96
This isn’t meant to bash Dybala. I think he’s a fantastic player. But I’d rather see him play as a goalscoring fox in and around the box. If we’re going to keep him, get us a KDB type, an actual playmaker for the mid, partner him with a forward that suits his style, and let Dybala do what he does best, bang in the goals with that wicked left foot.
I agree that Dybala is not an world class passer, but when he drops deep he’s still a better passer than all our central midfielders, which is more of a damning indictment of our mids than anything else.

He’s also a much better dribbler than Bentancur/Rabiot which helps us carry the ball forward through the middle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 147)