Paulo Dybala (70 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
I am watching some YT videos of Dybala, since I really find him amazing and he is still young, so a bright career could be ahead of him.

What's his status in Juve with him? Is he considered one of the core players of the team? Or do you think he could be considered for sale? :cry:
I really hope not, I see too many times when young talents leave too soon. I hope Paulo stays with Juve for at least additional 4 years.

On the other hand, how is he with injuries during this years in Juve?
Does he usually start most matches or is on the bench?
He should finally step up his game and grow the balls needed for a fantasista and a number 10. Talentwise, he's got it all, most of his qualities are top level, he started last season as a killer player, absolutely amazing and crucial. And then a drop of form, later a nasty injury that kept him away for almost 2 months.

Basically, on his day, Dybala is a world class player, unplayable, but so far he cant maintain that level on a permanent basis. Having Ronaldo in the team would help a lot, A LOT, I suspect that exactly Dybala would be the player that benefits the most playing and training with CR7. I sense a good season for Paulo coming, he will beat his goal tally from the last season, which was not bad in any means, but it wasnt impressive and mindblowing either...

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I am watching some YT videos of Dybala, since I really find him amazing and he is still young, so a bright career could be ahead of him.

What's his status in Juve with him? Is he considered one of the core players of the team? Or do you think he could be considered for sale? :cry:
I really hope not, I see too many times when young talents leave too soon. I hope Paulo stays with Juve for at least additional 4 years.

On the other hand, how is he with injuries during this years in Juve?
Does he usually start most matches or is on the bench?
hes a Messi place holder. as soon as we sign Leo, Dybala is gone for 250M

JuveCR7

Fino Alla Fine
Jul 11, 2018
Thanks for the quick follow-ups on this.

OK, I get the feeling that Dybala is in Juve almost in same position as Isco / Asensio / Bale in Real Madrid. They are great players on good days, but can be invisible or get injured seriously.
@zizinho hehe, would you like to have Messi in Juve? Especially now that we have CR7? I mean of course, Messi is a great consistent player in Barcelona. Probably more consistent than Cristiano, but everytime he does not play for Barcelona he plays really bad. I wonder what would happen if he moved to Juve.. or any other club, whether he can adapt into a new Team as good as in Barca.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

OK, I get the feeling that Dybala is in Juve almost in same position as Isco / Asensio / Bale in Real Madrid. They are great players on good days, but can be invisible or get injured seriously.
@zizinho hehe, would you like to have Messi in Juve? Especially now that we have CR7? I mean of course, Messi is a great consistent player in Barcelona. Probably more consistent than Cristiano, but everytime he does not play for Barcelona he plays really bad. I wonder what would happen if he moved to Juve.. or any other club, whether he can adapt into a new Team as good as in Barca.
Personally I would like to have CR7 as our CF with Messi behind him in a SS role.

I wonde what everyone else thinks about this.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

JuveCR7

Fino Alla Fine
Jul 11, 2018
Personally I would like to have CR7 as our CF with Messi behind him in a SS role.

I wonde what everyone else thinks about this.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk
Hah. Oh man, this is one the scenarios probably people never dared to imagine - how would it be to have CR and Messi in the same team.
In my opinion the only way it would work is as you described it, but I believe in that case Messi would slowly lose reputation with time, as he probably wont be able to strike as many goals from that position as Ronaldo would be the priority for scoring goals. IN this case, Messi would kind of transform into what Iniesta was in Barcelona - a great player, but just not the one who scored the most goals.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

i would love it ofcourse, hate Messi but the marketability from the 2 playing together would be off charts. Dybala is a small price to pay for that to happen

JuveCR7

Fino Alla Fine
Jul 11, 2018
i would love it ofcourse, hate Messi but the marketability from the 2 playing together would be off charts. Dybala is a small price to pay for that to happen
B-b-b-but Dybala is probably the first player I like from Juve that is with the team already :cry:

Can we please choose someone else in this imaginary case? :p Perhaps.......... Higuain / Costa ??::hustini2::

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
B-b-b-but Dybala is probably the first player I like from Juve that is with the team already :cry:

Can we please choose someone else in this imaginary case? :p Perhaps.......... Higuain / Costa ??::hustini2::
Costa no, unless its for 100M+, which i dont think anyone will pay right now. maybe if he has a great season, who knows.

for selling Higuain you can always get a yes from me without even trying :p

but ive yet to see Messi&Dybala play together successfully, so i have my doubts we would keep both. then again, Argentinian bum coaches arent the great EuroMaxx, so who knows

JuveCR7

Fino Alla Fine
Jul 11, 2018
But we'd need some substitutes for Messi / Ronaldo. HOWEVER, you are right, I doubt Dybala would be satishfied with a status of a substitute. Would be perfect really, as Messi and Ronaldo are getting a bit older now, they could use a substitute in second half of the game and Dybala would be fresh + with his speed / stamina, he would crush opponents defense while they are already tired by playing one half!

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
We are never getting Messi. He is Barca bound for life.

He is actually one of the best playmaking forwards in Europe according to statistics. His first touch has also improved noticeably in the last 12 months.
can you point me to those statistics? he's good at finding a solution near the box, but he surely is not what we expect him to be in terms of overall play making, demonstrated by half the forum wanting him at false 9 a lot closer to goal. if he was one of the best 10s in Europe surely that wouldn't be the case.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
can you point me to those statistics? he's good at finding a solution near the box, but he surely is not what we expect him to be in terms of overall play making, demonstrated by half the forum wanting him at false 9 a lot closer to goal. if he was one of the best 10s in Europe surely that wouldn't be the case.
In 2016/17 his playmaking was very close to Messi levels

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
In 2016/17 his playmaking was very close to Messi levels

I wouldn't say they play exactly the same position though, at least I think Dybala is supposed to take part in the build up much sooner [deeper] than Messi, but here we see that even in the cherry picked 16/17 league stats Messi makes a lot more forward passes. Anyways, I think Paolo would be better if he had the freedom Messi has and wouldn't be pushed so far back.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Sign Ronaldo and now people having "serious" discussions about how we would play him and Messi together, and whether we can still fit Dybala in the picture. Much lols.
Hahaha

@pitbull Dybala has both playmaking ability and goalscoring ability. He's old school #10 SS type. His weakness is he doesn't do as well out wide, and you've to give him a central role or a RAM one where he cuts in heavily. Makes sense for players who can score 20+ goals to play closer to goal when possible but doesn't mean he can't playmake (he obvs can).

It was interesting...1st half of past season he was being compared to Messi lol when he was playing in the middle. In and after 2nd half of season, when he mostly played on left, cutting in with his weaker right, he's all of a sudden not that good lol. Two extremes and neither is correct.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 53)