• 15+ GOALS

• 0-5 ASSISTS

• 6-10 ASSISTS

• 11-15 ASSISTS

• 15+ ASSISTS

Results are only viewable after voting.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
SS can score more goals than they assist, it's simply that they are better at playing off someone
:agree:

Which is Dybala in a nutshell imo. He’s better playing off a more traditional CF who can act as a focal point in attack and give Dybala space to operate around him, hold up play and lay it off to Dybala with space to operate.

Like the Aguero-Dzeko partnership at City, or even Dybala-Mandzukic for that single season before we brought in Higgy.

- - - Updated - - -

Ya I just don't know if this tactic is feasible anymore. The big man + little man and then you defend with 8 players. Smash to big man who drops it for little man. That's like 2002 football.

Most teams will just put the best goal scorer at #9 and then defend with a 4-5-1. And their attack will be all balls on the ground.

I just don't see his instinct to make plays around the box. His head is completely down looking for a shot. As he should since it's lethal.
Which is why I don’t see Dybala as capable of leading the line as a #9. His shot is lethal, but good defending teams can easily shut his left foot down and take away his space to let fly with that shot. And as the 9, that makes us very predictable and much easier as a team to shut down.

Fantastic player but suits an older style of football best. He needs a bit of space in my opinion, especially to receive the ball, considering how bad his first touch often is. I just don’t see him playing between wingers as a 9, receiving balls exclusively on the ground, with that poor touch, lack of top-end pace and physicality. He doesn’t suit the athletic modern 9

Last edited:

Cerval

Premium
Feb 20, 2016
Ya I just don't know if this tactic is feasible anymore. The big man + little man and then you defend with 8 players. Smash to big man who drops it for little man. That's like 2002 football.

Most teams will just put the best goal scorer at #9 and then defend with a 4-5-1. And their attack will be all balls on the ground.

I just don't see his instinct to make plays around the box. His head is completely down looking for a shot. As he should since it's lethal.
No doubt that it's not the norm anymore. Dybala is basically a player from the past.

You might be right for the rest of your assessment, even if he'd be more suited to playing as a support striker. Except with Mandzukic, he doesn't combine much with others so that might be true that he could hold his own in practice.

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
A player comes along every ten years, gets compared to goat, tears serie A a new asshole for a few seasons, has big role in reaching consecutive finals meanwhile he hasn't even PiCKED yet as a player.. Team needs a few adjustments, meanwhile his form drops has a below par season. Instead of adjusting and buying right players which we need anyway, and making team better to suit said player, team decided to sell him and buy a couple of disposable players who come along every season and will be forgotten in a week. Smart business, let's sell.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
A player comes along every ten years, gets compared to goat, tears serie A a new asshole for a few seasons, has big role in reaching consecutive finals meanwhile he hasn't even PiCKED yet as a player.. Team needs a few adjustments, meanwhile his form drops has a below par season. Instead of adjusting and buying right players which we need anyway, and making team better to suit said player, team decided to sell him and buy a couple of disposable players who come along every season and will be forgotten in a week. Smart business, let's sell.
What?

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
So tired of hearing people put the blame on everyone and everything except Dybala himself. “He’s playing out of position!” Really, what is his position? He doesn’t have the size or positional awareness to be a target man. He’s not quick/fast enough to play wide. A number ten? That’s mainly how he’s used now, but disappears too often. I haven’t seen much development or improvement in the last two years. That’s on him. I’d sell him while there are still people left that believe he’s a star. One of the premier league teams are probably dumb enough, would love to fleece one of them again. Use that money to get a top mid and give #10 to Fede.

Last edited:

DAiDEViL

Fuck Djokobitch
Feb 21, 2015
Prices mentioned? We need 150M for Dybi and to get Felix for 100M. Along with twice less wages, that would make it worth it
Worth it? It's risky as fuck. Guy might be talented, but hasn't done shit yet and on top of that he might suffer from the same problems of fitting into the system as Dybala.

- - - Updated - - -

I am the benchpark poster on Tuz, the golden standard. My vast knowledge and deep understanding of football far exceeds that of any other poster here. All other members should strive to be as intellectually advanced as me.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Good to know that you set the bar around here
It’s a low bar... it’s actually much more of a challenge to limbo under it than to step over it. :boh:

- - - Updated - - -

I am the benchpark poster on Tuz, the golden standard. My vast knowledge and deep understanding of football far exceeds that of any other poster here. All other members should strive to be as intellectually advanced as me.
Says the Sarri fanboi. Biggest joke of 2017-18 on Tuz. :lol2:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Worth it? It's risky as fuck. Guy might be talented, but hasn't done shit yet and on top of that he might suffer from the same problems of fitting into the system as Dybala.

- - - Updated - - -

We dont lose much with Dybala gone right now, and Felix wouldnt become a key rotation figure before his 2nd-3rd season, when Mandzu and CR start declining and or leave. While he would be sitting on twice less wages. Plus he plays the opposite side of Dybala, so fits better with Berna. I wouldnt be against it if Dybala stays, but the above mentioned scenario i definitely do

Mr Chocolate

Thank you for everything Max
Dec 23, 2012
Anyone who wanted Sarri must have a mental illness, the guy is a fraud, it was obvious, tactically inflexible, and his cup performances hahahahah, people really thought he was the won to bring us the CL glory that we have been seeking for years, we 100% would have won the Scudetto with him, but man we'd have 0 hope in the CL, but it wasnt even something hard to see, the results were looking at us right in the face, tbf, most of the forum were against Sarri, but man some people were seriously misguided

Hydde

Duke NUKEM
Mar 6, 2003
To be honest this sounds like the post of a fanboy who is deeply attached to a player and is not seeing what is really happening. No offense.

To me, it seems you want dybala to suceed here at all costs without even taking in consideration what could be good for the team or dybala himself or both.

What i see is a player that can play just one position, which is Support striker, who also seems to have a lot of troubles with the current coach (and allegri seems to be here to stay).... And the most worrying of all..... Dybala seems to simply lack the mental resilence to overcome this wall. Remember that even nedved last year said dybala should focus more.

Clearly something is going on with him, something within himself that is not letting him progress and maybe what we see is his limit.

If he can play just ss, he has no place in here because we have cristiano ronaldo and our gameplan should be labeled around him.

I would have loved for dybala to become the next del piero and our next big number 10, but right now i simply cant see this happening... and i think the board know this too, but everyone involved worries about dybala and dont want to part ways like this. But on the other hand all the signs are there for a sell.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 13, Guests: 21)