• 15+ GOALS

• 0-5 ASSISTS

• 6-10 ASSISTS

• 11-15 ASSISTS

• 15+ ASSISTS

Results are only viewable after voting.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I think what I’m trying to say is that with a front 3 of Ronaldo-Dybala-Bernadeschi in a 4-3-3 on the teamsheet.. our attack is not actually going to look at all like 4-3-3 front line... and Dybala isn’t going to look like a #9/false 9 because that’s not really the way he plays, even when he played closer to goal for us and centrally in the past. He’s always loved drifting out wide right, and he’s always dropped deep to get involved in build-up. And with Ronaldo who loves playing in and around the box for long periods of games... and Bernadeschi who often cuts in centrally to create from just outside the box... that looks to be more of a positionless trio than anything else (which is very intriguing).

What has me excited about the idea of those 3 forming our attack (at times), is just how versatile they all are. All 3 can and will drop deep and help build play... all 3 can create chances for others... all 3 can operate centrally or drift wide... 2 of the 3 are lethal finishers, and the other isn’t half bad... etc. They could confuse the shit out of defenders with their movements, switches, overlaps, and creativity.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
He did play well for 20 minutes. Do you think that he should start over Bernadeschi based on that game performance? Thats another question all together
Never implied so, simply that he played well. Both can play, it doesn't have to be one or the other

- - - Updated - - -

I'm also fine with benching Dybala if the team plays better, but I'm sure he can still add something to the squad. Either startibg or from the bench

Apr 19, 2007

Never implied so, simply that he played well. Both can play, it doesn't have to be one or the other
You say that but every time he gets benched the fan boys come out in full force and have a meltdown. Also hes a 120 million dollar player and to be splitting time bc you cant be effective might warrant some discussions and that is fair.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
I think what I’m trying to say is that with a front 3 of Ronaldo-Dybala-Bernadeschi in a 4-3-3 on the teamsheet.. our attack is not actually going to look at all like 4-3-3 front line... and Dybala isn’t going to look like a #9/false 9 because that’s not really the way he plays, even when he played closer to goal for us and centrally in the past. He’s always loved drifting out wide right, and he’s always dropped deep to get involved in build-up. And with Ronaldo who loves playing in and around the box for long periods of games... and Bernadeschi who often cuts in centrally to create from just outside the box... that looks to be more of a positionless trio than anything else (which is very intriguing).

What has me excited about the idea of those 3 forming our attack (at times), is just how versatile they all are. All 3 can and will drop deep and help build play... all 3 can create chances for others... all 3 can operate centrally or drift wide... 2 of the 3 are lethal finishers, and the other isn’t half bad... etc. They could confuse the shit out of defenders with their movements, switches, overlaps, and creativity.
@MikeM

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Some people really have a problem with their expectations. It justifies shitting on players even when they play well, damn

As an advice it's good to drop them. That allows you to see more clearly and see things for what they are

Apr 19, 2007
Some people really have a problem with their expectations. It justifies shitting on players even when they play well, damn

As an advice it's good to drop them. That allows you to see more clearly and see things for what they are
It tells a lot that every person that pro Dybala is only talking about what formation to play so hes most effective. How he should play a certain way so his limitations arent exposed. I like Dybala but he is showing his limitations at times and at some point it might be time to test Berna more.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

Could say the same thing about all the Tuzzers who direct a stream of abuse towards our coach because of their expectations about our style of play. They don’t even have the excuse of poor results, because he’s won everything he should have with the strength of squad he has and turned us back into a European contender. But apparently he’s a coward and a pussy because of style of play and not winning CL. Talk about silly expectations.

mondolon

Mysterious Harmony
Aug 2, 2005
So when CR7 is retiring, who do you think will own the future other than him, Mbabe and Neymar

One of the best things of CR7 coming here that Dybala is getting noticed,, his mask celebration already copied and getting many fans, he is marketable as hell.
definitely a must keep and as well finding a formation that fits both CR7 and Dybala.

This can only be done with existing by benching the unbenchable Mandzo.. he is forcing himself on Allegri,, I would really find it difficult if I were Allegri to bench Mandzo,, he is making the balance of our current formation and creating the space needed for CR7.

Though,, if Mandzo cant keep this balance next year, Allegri or the next coach should think of 2 players in the attacking line of Dybi and CR7.
4312 with Berna as the trequarista or maybe 442 with 2 quality mids

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

il brutto

Jun 6, 2015
Dybala's problem is that we brought in a better player that also requires freedom defensively. Dybala needs to put a big defensive shift in if he wants to start against quality opposition with Ronaldo in the team. At the moment Allegri simply doesn't think the team is good enough defensively with Ronaldo, Dybala and Pjanic on the pitch at the same time.

However Dybala doesn't look like someone who is ready to lose his place without a fight so I expect him to show his true talent in the next couple of months.

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
Not sure what to say here. We've barely seen Dybala play as a #9 so it's hard to predict how he will play. I think however he chooses to play will likely be effective because I just don't believe we need a #9 to pin the CBs back.

We are wasting a player essentially. Mario is sacrificed to make sure both CBs don't encroach into midfield. But I think the threat of CR7 is so great that the CBs would have to stay pinned back regardless.

1552598828068.png

But even without the threat of CR7, he might just be too quick to mark, like Mertens:

vodka

55k stadium or riot
Jul 13, 2010
how short he his of everyones vote on top of the thread? I voted 15+ goals and 11-15 assists. Not going well atm. But he can still do it if he'll score and assist every game from now

Jan 22, 2016
If he plays as a false 9, he won't get marked at all.
I believe we could have played even better if he was in in the field instead of Manzu.

He Can help the built up even more and scoring goals from nothing. Just give him the balk around the box and he will make something happens.

Elvin

Italophile
Nov 25, 2005
If he plays as a false 9, he won't get marked at all.
I believe we could have played even better if he was in in the field instead of Manzu.

He Can help the built up even more and scoring goals from nothing. Just give him the balk around the box and he will make something happens.
Will he tho? All he has is a left foot.

Elvin

Italophile
Nov 25, 2005
Strikers like Vieri or Raul were left footed too, but could easily play in that position.

I just don't how Dybala can't be another one when we don't give it a try at all.

Emre was a useless player up until last match, a change of position and responsibility could do wonder.
Yeah, but a left foot wasn't all they had.