Paulo Dybala (88 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
That no matter how much a foreign person likes a serie A team their devotion and attachment isn’t and will never be equal to an Italian especially one with blood ties to the country
You guys can deny it all you want but it’s truth. That’s our home land. That’s where our origins come from. The attachment to club and country is different than an outsider liking a club. It’s like me with MLS yes I like the Red Bull’s and Toronto and I watch the US national team but It will never equal my attachment and devotion to Juventus and the Italian national team !
I don’t live in Italy full time because of familial obligations now but in the future my wife and I are moving back. We already own our second home there. You can call it bullshit all you want but the Italians on here know what I mean. I’m not saying better either just completely different
It’s unbelievable how you guys twist people’s words. So predictable

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
I'm really disappointed now tbh.

Do you think it's too late for me to give up supporting Juve and become a superior Bayern fan? I was born in Bayern after all, and my Dad's a Bayern fan too. @Fr3sh
Might as well try it tbh. I suggest you to setup an account with the name AndresChristen on an international Bayern forum and beat your chest about your German lineage so you could put the peasands in their place. Dont forget to shit on Lewandowski/Ribery while overhyping Müller at the same time :baus:

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
I just don't know what to do. I've been a fan of Juventus since 1994; all of a sudden I'm being told that this is an illusion, that I'm just delusional.

If AndreaChristina isn't from Piedmont or even better Torino, I'd say he is full of bullshit. We all know Italy is an artificial country consisting of small kingdoms and duchies. Hardly a coincidence that Lega Nord has such a strong support, while southern italians always have been rather "meh" towards the north, and then there's the capital, which is just a papal state.

Sicily is as much Juventus as Zealand is FC Bayern. Heck, I'd even go as far as to suggest Denmark is closer to Germany [in culture and heritage] than Apulia is to South Tyrol - insert South Tyrol instead of Denmark and the absurdity is even more apparent.

But typical 'Murican all talk no brain

Disclaimer: there are plenty of intelligent Americans, Andrea ain't one
Double disclaimer: there are plenty of intelligent Italians, Andrea ain't one

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
I just don't know what to do. I've been a fan of Juventus since 1994; all of a sudden I'm being told that this is an illusion, that I'm just delusional.

If AndreaChristina isn't from Piedmont or even better Torino, I'd say he is full of bull$#@!. We all know Italy is an artificial country consisting of small kingdoms and duchies. Hardly a coincidence that Lega Nord has such a strong support, while southern italians always have been rather "meh" towards the north, and then there's the capital, which is just a papal state.

Sicily is as much Juventus as Zealand is FC Bayern. Heck, I'd even go as far as to suggest Denmark is closer to Germany [in culture and heritage] than Apulia is to South Tyrol - insert South Tyrol instead of Denmark and the absurdity is even more apparent.

But typical 'Murican all talk no brain

Disclaimer: there are plenty of intelligent Americans, Andrea ain't one
Double disclaimer: there are plenty of intelligent Italians, Andrea ain't one
That’s not what I said so stop twisting shit. The connection to the country the league and a team you root for in that league isn’t the same when your not Italian. It’s not disparaging in any way. You all get so offended so easily it’s pathetic. Italy is my homeland it’s where my family and I originate from! It’s not the same for someone who isn’t Italian and someone who is. The connection is different the bond is different. That’s all I’m saying. You guys are twisting it to make me sound like I’m saying your lesser and that’s not it at all

Ps I’m not American

It’s the same thing as when a foreigner visits Italy. It beautiful and they can love it and embrace it but that’s not the same thing as when a son or daughter of Italy goes back home.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
That’s not what I said so stop twisting shit. The connection to the country the league and a team you root for in that league isn’t the same when your not Italian. It’s not disparaging in any way. You all get so offended so easily it’s pathetic. Italy is my homeland it’s where my family and I originate from! It’s not the same for someone who isn’t Italian and someone who is. The connection is different the bond is different. That’s all I’m saying. You guys are twisting it to make me sound like I’m saying your lesser and that’s not it at all
How do you know, if you only have the perspective of an Italian?

How do you know your connection to Juventus and Serie A is more sincere than mine?

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016

Ps I’m not American

It’s the same thing as when a foreigner visits Italy. It beautiful and they can love it and embrace it but that’s not the same thing as when a son or daughter of Italy goes back home.
You think Supporters of a club have the same attachment than people visiting a country? If you're a local for a football club, you're more immersed in the culture in every day life but that has nothing to do with having more attachment.

You also gave an example that you can't follow MLS clubs like you do for Juve because you're italian, that's bullshit and has nothing to do with you being Italian.

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
How do you know, if you only have the perspective of an Italian?

How do you know your connection to Juventus and Serie A is more sincere than mine?
It’s because I AM Italian that I know. These are teams from Italy with Italian history in an Italian league. I’m not saying that your connection is less, just different. People who deny nationalism are either lying to themselves or deniers. nationalistic pride is why there is a euro and a World Cup! Why there is a champions league for the best club team from the nations! The attachment to a team especially one from ones country is rooted in family and generational support for that team. It’s different than a fan who doesn’t have that

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
You think Supporters of a club have the same attachment than people visiting a country? If you're a local for a football club, you're more immersed in the culture in every day life but that has nothing to do with having more attachment.

You also gave an example that you can't follow MLS clubs like you do for Juve because you're italian, that's bull$#@! and has nothing to do with you being Italian.
That’s not what my example said but your doing well with context clues I see. My example said I don’t have the same attachment and devotion toward the Red Bulls that I do toward Juventus

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
It’s because I AM Italian that I know. These are teams from Italy with Italian history in an Italian league. I’m not saying that your connection is less, just different. People who deny nationalism are either lying to themselves or deniers. nationalistic pride is why there is a euro and a World Cup! Why there is a champions league for the best club team from the nations! The attachment to a team especially one from ones country is rooted in family and generational support for that team. It’s different than a fan who doesn’t have that
Ehh.. short term memory?

That no matter how much a foreign person likes a serie A team their devotion and attachment isn’t and will never be equal to an Italian especially one with blood ties to the country

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
Higher then :agree: Higher than pure blood $#@!ting on the club's best player
Shitting on him? So anyone with criticism of your self proclaimed savior = shitting on him? Get real. No one is above criticism and no one is above the club.
The best part is you all think I’m giving him crap for not being Italian. Meanwhile the best player in the past few months for us in my opinion is Costa who isn’t Italian

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Yeah so I didn’t say less. Not equal doesn’t automatically equate to less than
Perhaps "similar" would have been a wiser word. Anyways, I don't trust you one bit on this matter, you feel superior as a Juve fan due to your Italian heritage.

I'm more European than you, so I guess my connection to the Champions League is one you'll never have.

That's why you support Juve. They never win in Europe, but always in Italy :baus:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 87)