Paulo Dybala (81 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Legend... I'll give you a legend. Del Piero was being replaced by Zlatan. Cuntpello played him over Del Piero. Then we were sent to serie B. The merchants left and Del Piero signed a new contract on lower wages and helped us get to where we currently are, getting us back to serie a within a season and helping us get back in the CL the season after that by scoring 24 goals the season after serie b. THAT is a legend.
Del Piero is the biggest legend this club ever had but not everyone can reach his level. No one is comparing DP to Dybala, that would be nonsensical, but if choose legends based on DP's level of commitment and contribution, we wouldnt have that many.

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
Del Piero is the biggest legend this club ever had but not everyone can reach his level. No one is comparing DP to Dybala, that would be nonsensical, but if choose legends based on DP's level of commitment and contribution, we wouldnt have that many.
I agree. But the fact that one chose less money and no CL over leaving and the other has been injured a shitload of times and now is leaving because he doesn't gets his 10M a season makes Dybala almost the opposite of a legend

May 23, 2013
Buffon made the greater sacrifice staying at the club during calciopoli. At that time he could've picked and started at any club in the planet. Del Piero, though still great as he proved, was entering the twilight of his career at that time.

Not trying to downplay Del Piero's biggest legendary status or his sacrifice for the club, but just putting the fact out there.

Mar 9, 2006
Nah, to me those 5 are absolutely equal legends after calciopoli events, we shouldn't compare their statistics or whatever, Del Piero is mister Juventus for sure but for me they all 5 equal, their sacrifice is unmatchable
Buffon made the greater sacrifice staying at the club during calciopoli. At that time he could've picked and started at any club in the planet. Del Piero, though still great as he proved, was entering the twilight of his career at that time.

Not trying to downplay Del Piero's biggest legendary status or his sacrifice for the club, but just putting the fact out there.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I agree. But the fact that one chose less money and no CL over leaving and the other has been injured a shitload of times and now is leaving because he doesn't gets his 10M a season makes Dybala almost the opposite of a legend
We cant expect from players to sacrifice money just because of loyalty. These arent small sums we are talking about. 2 extra millions makes a difference. Would any one of us stay at the same job while being paid less than going elsewhere? I know its a bit different, they earn so much atm etc, but once their career ends, the huge amounts of money stops coming in and the best they can hope to get are job as TV pundits. Very few have talent for continuing as managers. When they reach certain age, club will ship them off regardless of how many years they have been here. See Del Piero. I think both sides made the right call, Dybala will be pivotal player elsewhere and we will free up the budget for player that will fit us better. Imho there shouldnt be any resentment from either side.

- - - Updated - - -

DP rejected an offer from Man United. Ferguson tried to bring him in, DP said NO... To me the fact that DP has that continental silverware edges it. Not less important he has the most apps for club.

Mar 9, 2006
We cant expect from players to sacrifice money just because of loyalty. These arent small sums we are talking about. 2 extra millions makes a difference. Would any one of us stay at the same job while being paid less than going elsewhere? I know its a bit different, they earn so much atm etc, but once their career ends, the huge amounts of money stops coming in and the best they can hope to get are job as TV pundits. Very few have talent for continuing as managers. When they reach certain age, club will ship them off regardless of how many years they have been here. See Del Piero. I think both sides made the right call, Dybala will be pivotal player elsewhere and we will free up the budget for player that will fit us better. Imho there shouldnt be any resentment from either side.
Please stop, juventus board has made a valid offer to Dybala - €6m per year, but would reach €10m with add-ons if he stays fit.But he wanted the same money even if he doesn't so bella ciao ciao.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Please stop, juventus board has made a valid offer to Dybala - €6m per year, but would reach €10m with add-ons if he stays fit.
No, u should stop with bs as u make no sense commrade. The same shit like in Allegri thread, you dont like a player or a coach, they automatically have to be shit, greedy, ingrates, etc.. If he can get 10m fixed someplace else it is better than 6m fix+ 4m variable.

Jun 16, 2020
Please stop, juventus board has made a valid offer to Dybala - €6m per year, but would reach €10m with add-ons if he stays fit.But he wanted the same money even if he doesn't so bella ciao ciao.
This is simply not true. As Arrivabene said: we could’ve made him a lower offer but that would be to easy and not a sign of respect. In other words: they offered him no contract at all

Mar 9, 2006
This is simply not true. As Arrivabene said: we could’ve made him a lower offer but that would be to easy and not a sign of respect. In other words: they offered him no contract at all
are you fucking kidding me?
"The parameters were different, I had already spoken about it, no one has ever questioned Paulo’s ability. There were considerations to be made about appearances, length and financial considerations."
https://football-italia.net/arrivabene-confirms-dybala-departure-we-made-our-choice-in-january/
3 years on contract instead of 4, 6m instead of 8m and +4 as bonuses instead of +2

Jun 16, 2020
are you fucking kidding me?
"The parameters were different, I had already spoken about it, no one has ever questioned Paulo’s ability. There were considerations to be made about appearances, length and financial considerations."
https://football-italia.net/arrivabene-confirms-dybala-departure-we-made-our-choice-in-january/
3 years on contract instead of 4, 6m instead of 8m and +4 as bonuses instead of +2
Start reading its literally in the article that you posted

“We made our choices in January, we got here. It would have been easy for Juventus to make a low bid, but it would have been disrespectful towards Paulo. The decision is made. Today’s meeting was friendly, clear and respectful.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 62)