OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #35,922
    Who came asking about him?
    I'm pretty sure we could have sold him easily. If anything changed it was Ronaldo signing for us and making a public statement how we won't do shitty mistakes regarding big contract and wages. Any club could have smelled the opportunity of snatching him for free.

Pretty horrible to lose him on a free deal (although I'm not saying he's worth crazy wages), I'd say it was totally our fault for letting this happen.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
    He probably means Marchisio and Del Piero? Even those weren’t mistakes, just a little harsh...
    exactly. with all due respect, both were finished, just look at their careers post juve. i loved them both, especially marchisio, but they left at the right time.

let's hope dybala won't be reborn at inda. club knows his physical state, i trust their evaluation.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
    He probably means Marchisio and Del Piero? Even those weren’t mistakes, just a little harsh. I just wish the club was more ruthless with bums like Rabiot and Sandro the way they were with Alex and Claudio.
    Hopefully we are not replacing Dybala with zaniolo one injury prone player with another. Raspadori and berardi seem to be ideal to replace him.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    I'm pretty sure we could have sold him easily. If anything changed it was Ronaldo signing for us and making a public statement how we won't do shitty mistakes regarding big contract and wages. Any club could have smelled the opportunity of snatching him for free.

Pretty horrible to lose him on a free deal (although I'm not saying he's worth crazy wages), I'd say it was totally our fault for letting this happen.
    Change in management probably lost us our last chance to sell him this past summer. But his worth after an appalling last season injured or in terrible form was next to zero, so probably decided it was better to keep him for the year and try to negotiate a reasonable contract renewal while having him for one more year as opposed to selling him for ~20-30mil he might have got us with one year left on his contract and his pathetic season. People talking about getting ~50-60 mil for him last summer are out of their minds. No one would have paid that lol

If we were selling him, he needed to be sold a couple years ago under Tootsie. We tried once, he refused to leave, and then chose not to ever since.

Anyways, this management made him reasonable offers and Dybala refused. That’s on him. He’s not worth even close to what he’s asking for. He’s been here 7 years now, and so losing him on a free isn’t an actual loss of any sort and frees up a very large wage earner from our books. We can sign a top young player for a fairly big fee on a much more reasonable wage and end up roughly in the same place financially as if we pay Dybala. Seems the good choice to me.

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018
    He probably means Marchisio and Del Piero? Even those weren’t mistakes, just a little harsh. I just wish the club was more ruthless with bums like Rabiot and Sandro the way they were with Alex and Claudio.
    No one know the future.
    This could be mistake or not depending on next mercato.
    We survived Del Piero because we had good core in BBBC + Marchisio and brought in more quality with Vidal, Pirlo, etc back then.
    This time we only have Vlahovic and De Ligt that worth to build around, I won't count on Chiesa now since there's big possibility he won't be the same player anymore.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    exactly. with all due respect, both were finished, just look at their careers post juve. i loved them both, especially marchisio, but they left at the right time.

let's hope dybala won't be reborn at inda. club knows his physical state, i trust their evaluation.
    I’d say Juve knows pretty well when players have physically declined to the point of being borderline useless. Lots of recent experience, both mistakes made, and good choices. Dybala looks done physically as a top level player and doesn’t seem to have the work ethic to get that back.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
    Hopefully we are not replacing Dybala with zaniolo one injury prone player with another. Raspadori and berardi seem to be ideal to replace him.
    Nothing ideal about Raspy Doris and Retardi, both clearly inferior players. Also, Retardi is turning 28 in a few months, so he's not exactly a young talent. He's a Cuntobile, in his element and comfort zone at a mid-tier club.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
    100 - Domenico Berardi is the 3rd youngest player, among those who have scored 100 goals in Serie A, without however scoring any of these with Inter, Juventus and Milan. Edinson Cavani (25y, 341d) Luigi Riva (26y, 197d) Domenico Berardi (27y, 229d) Milestone

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
    100 - Domenico Berardi is the 3rd youngest player, among those who have scored 100 goals in Serie A, without however scoring any of these with Inter, Juventus and Milan. Edinson Cavani (25y, 341d) Luigi Riva (26y, 197d) Domenico Berardi (27y, 229d) Milestone
    He can still go and fuck himself. That ship has sailed. We can and should be doing much better. I'd take a younger, more dynamic and infinitely more talented Zaniolo over this scavenger. Zaniolo is, potentially, a generational talent. Retardi is a bus driver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 196)