Paulo Dybala (138 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018
I don't understand how can people not put any blame on Dybala for leaving on a free transfer. He didn't want to agree to the terms offered to him and the club were actually patient with him. They even planned around him signing a new deal hence why he wasn't sold. He absolutely doesn't deserve a pay raise, he got what he deserves. He is the culprit here.
But someone like Rabiot, Ramsey or even De Ligt earn more than him. Not current management fault but still if you have scored more than 100 goals for the club you would ask for something more

Buy on AliExpress.com

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
But someone like Rabiot, Ramsey or even De Ligt earn more than him. Not current management fault but still if you have scored more than 100 goals for the club you would ask for something more
Why do you put it this way when you know those guys don't deserve their salary either, even MDL.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I don't understand how can people not put any blame on Dybala for leaving on a free transfer. He didn't want to agree to the terms offered to him and the club were actually patient with him. They even planned around him signing a new deal hence why he wasn't sold. He absolutely doesn't deserve a pay raise, he got what he deserves. He is the culprit here.
100%. Club made him a very reasonable offer, where if he actually performed he could have made what he was asking for in bonuses. He wanted to be paid regardless of how he performs. Dybala clearly wasn’t willing to bet on himself, because he’s been injured lots and in shit form when it matters for years now. Could the club have managed it better in previous years, perhaps, but the blame is on Dybala for demanding more than he’s worth based on his actual performance level.

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
Dusan big january signing makes even more sense now. They board knew with Paulo out teams will squeeze us for a big name striker so they made a move while we are not clearly in need.

This means either Paulo was already gone in january or Im giving our board too much credit.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Its terrible to lose a great player on a free and its terrible that we will probably get a Raspadori or something for his spot
He’s essentially where Ramsey was when we signed him. Almost 29 and missing half of the last two seasons and a fan favorite at their old club. Still think a 5 year deal at 8 million net plus 2 mil bonus is worth it?

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Losing this sort of player for free is pretty damn silly, but not surprising as this club is very poorly managed. It will be more hilarious if we use his salary for an even bigger glass child called Zaniolo or another bean pole in Scummacca. Nothing much to like about this club right now IMO.
Have you seen Zaniolo recently though? Even with two snapped knees he looks way more fit than Dybala, dude is built like a tank. Then, muscular injuries after two ACLs are normal, he usually doesn't have too lengthy stops, unlike our princess.

Sure, I get where you're coming from. We're getting rid of one injury prone player to get another one. Dybala himself though looks very bad physically. He's never been this slow and over the years he hardly got any stronger. Surely he's more effective than Zaniolo and that's the biggest downside to all of this.

I'm not convinced with the current Zaniolo and I don't hate Dybala per se; I just don't see why make so much fuss about this half a player who had multiple chances to renew his contract and he opted not to do that because he wanted to push it. The old management would have bown to him in the end and that's where he got it wrong.

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018
Its terrible to lose a great player on a free and its terrible that we will probably get a Raspadori or something for his spot
the technical quality of this team is suck even with Dybala and with him gone it's gonna be even worse. Next mercato is huge task for management to improve the squad but I'm skeptical that they can attract big names outside Serie A. So Raspadoris of this world is the only answer :sad:

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
This one is about cutting losses.
There are no losses to cut. His transfer from Palermo is fully amortized. People are getting too hung up over the fact that we are losing him on a Bosman, while ignoring the fact that offering him a four year contract at 8 mil plus 2 mil net will cost us in the region of 60-80 million. And no is going to pay that kind of salary for a tactically rigid, injury prone 30 year old, so we’d pretty much be stuck with him like Ramsey.
I’m still a little gutted because I really like Paulo, but this is the right decision in the end. Transfer fee or not.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
There are no losses to cut. His transfer from Palermo is fully amortized. People are getting too hung up over the fact that we are losing him on a Bosman, while ignoring the fact that offering him a four year contract at 8 mil plus 2 mil net will cost us in the region of 60-80 million. And no is going to pay that kind of salary for a tactically rigid, injury prone 30 year old, so we’d pretty much be stuck with him like Ramsey.
I’m still a little gutted because I really like Paulo, but this is the right decision in the end. Transfer fee or not.
1647900835732.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 131)