Paulo Dybala (318 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 6, 2015
I too think he always looks gassed around the 70 minute mark.

Come at me.
I'm not sure what constitutes as looking gassed but him having a shitty stamina is 100% false.

- - - Updated - - -

10,7 km? That's one heck of a promenade.
Anything between 10-11km is decent for an attacking player. Midfielders with good engines run something like 12km.

Last edited:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Brace for shock, as we say in the Navy

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, hope this guy stays injury free and develops an insanely well working relationship with the Serb. We need them scoring
Hust showing compassion and harboring hope for Dybala? What happened to you?

But yeah, we absolutely need them to develop that chemistry. I also think Allegri has a pivotal role here - if he wants Dybala to stay, which I have a feeling he does, management will oblige.

- - - Updated - - -

I too think he always looks gassed around the 70 minute mark.

Come at me.
With Zakaria providing an engine in midfield, Locatelli having more of a free role, moving closer to the attackers, Dybala won't have to drop too deep, hopefully, so maybe he'll be gassed around the 82 minute mark moving forward :p :b81:

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
the best scenario for me right now if its both Dybala and Morata stay, would create deadly attack together with Vlahovic.
Yeah, just how Dybala-Costa-Ronaldo was supposed to be a 'deadly attack'

It's all about balance. Two pseudo strikers and one conventional CF forming an attacking trident is anything but deadly.

Morata is no Mandzukic to evolve into a successful makeshift winger and Dybala, leaving all his tactical inflexibility aside, is just an inconsistent pussy.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Hust showing compassion and harboring hope for Dybala? What happened to you?

But yeah, we absolutely need them to develop that chemistry. I also think Allegri has a pivotal role here - if he wants Dybala to stay, which I have a feeling he does, management will oblige.

- - - Updated - - -

With Zakaria providing an engine in midfield, Locatelli having more of a free role, moving closer to the attackers, Dybala won't have to drop too deep, hopefully, so maybe he'll be gassed around the 82 minute mark moving forward :p :b81:
I will be completely fine with him if he would stay healthy and relatively consistent for a player of his caliber. He does that then you all have my support.

Has been doing well. Hoping now with a more productive and harder working midfield he will be staying closer to goal and vlahovic rather than dropping back all the time

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
You don't need to analyze these stats which to a large extent, is very misleading anyway. A simple eye test will tell you Dybala is an unathletic player who gets gassed out fairly quickly.

Even Pirlo and Pjanić used to cover plenty of ground, that didn't make them workhorses.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
You don't need to analyze these stats which to a large extent, is very misleading anyway. A simple eye test will tell you Dybala is an unathletic player who gets gassed out fairly quickly.

Even Pirlo and Pjanić used to cover plenty of ground, that didn't make them workhorses.
Yep that's the word I was looking for - unathletic.

Jun 6, 2015

Distance covered is misleading? I guess anything can be be considered misleading when it doesn't fit a persons agenda. Those are objective numbers, not biased and subjective opinions.

That kind of idea of work-rate completely disregards the work players do when their team has the ball. Players like Pjanic, Pirlo and Dybala do/did a massive amounts of work to be always available for a pass. Just watch those players play, they are always on the move when their team has the ball. Locatelli is another good and more current example of such player.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep that's the word I was looking for - unathletic.
That's a better and more accurate description and one that I can I agree with. Dybala is by no means fast or strong.

Last edited:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I will be completely fine with him if he would stay healthy and relatively consistent for a player of his caliber. He does that then you all have my support.

Has been doing well. Hoping now with a more productive and harder working midfield he will be staying closer to goal and vlahovic rather than dropping back all the time
So...he's not a pussy anymore?

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
You, Elvin and Sir Lacks A Lot - insufferable and extremely biased, not to mention ultimately erroneous and delusional in your fallacious assumptions. You're actively developing these scenarios in your mind and judging Dybala based on a false narrative. At least the other haters are objective.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 291)