Paulo Dybala (131 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
First of all; it's 10 million. And someone like Locatelli makes 3 million as a reference. Do the math.

Also there will be money in the summer if we can believe reports.

Anyway, I think Dybala will sign an extension in the end.
Well for club it's actually almost 20m cost, 10 m is net salary. So his contract pays for a new player who would sign 5year contract for 5 m net and 50m fee.
Yeah that's almost Vlahovic money.

Oct 23, 2011
Well for club it's actually almost 20m cost, 10 m is net salary. So his contract pays for a new player who would sign 5year contract for 5 m net and 50m fee.
Yeah that's almost Vlahovic money.
Neh, first of all Fiorentina is asking close to 80 million, if not more given that half of Europe is behind the guy + he won’t earn less than Dybala’s asking for. Don’t get me wrong I’d carry Dybala out of Turin if we could land Vlahovic, but this math doesn’t make sense. Saving 8million net (+ 2 in bonuses) is not all of a sudden going to allow us to spend another 50+ million on a player.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Sure, let’s include bonuses that I’d happily pay out if we achieve our objectives. Let’s not pretend Locatelli came for free, We paid 40+ million for him.
Yes, we need to count bonusses (especially if they can become a fixed part of his salary) because we need to keep that money aside.

35 million in different payments AND that is less than the resale value. That's the big picture here and very very obviously part of our new project in place. We've been aiming for young players with resale value for 2 years now

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
If the club wanted to renew their best player they would have months ago. Can someone lucidly explain they would let the contract expire and lapse allowing him to enter free agency?

To me that indicates that the club (cannot) will not renew him.

He’s gone girl

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Neh, first of all Fiorentina is asking close to 80 million, if not more given that half of Europe is behind the guy + he won’t earn less than Dybala’s asking for. Don’t get me wrong I’d carry Dybala out of Turin if we could land Vlahovic, but this math doesn’t make sense. Saving 8million net (+ 2 in bonuses) is not all of a sudden going to allow us to spend another 50+ million on a player.
Let's see, in the summer he will in his last year of contract so Viola won't really have such strong negotiating position and IMO he won't get more than 6 m net at the start.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
If the club wanted to renew their best player they would have months ago. Can someone lucidly explain they would let the contract expire and lapse allowing him to enter free agency?

To me that indicates that the club (cannot) will not renew him.

He’s gone girl
Its simple. Most likely reason: Our management are amateurs who completely misread and underestimated the whole situation.

Just like they have been doing for years.

Nothing they have done have made sense last 2 years outside of signing Chiesa and Locatelli. Everything else is reactionary amateur hour.

Oct 23, 2011
Yes, we need to count bonusses (especially if they can become a fixed part of his salary) because we need to keep that money aside.

35 million in different payments AND that is less than the resale value. That's the big picture here and very very obviously part of our new project in place. We've been aiming for young players with resale value for 2 years now
I agree with you, don’t get me wrong. The difference is that I, like everyone else who would like us to extend his contract, don’t see us replace him adequately given the limited funds we have and the other priorities we need to address before even thinking about filling the hole Dybala’s departure will create.

all the discussion here is hypothetical anyway and we just need to wait until the summer to see what we end up doing.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
I agree with you, don’t get me wrong. The difference is that I, like everyone else who would like us to extend his contract, don’t see us replace him adequately given the limited funds we have and the other priorities we need to address before even thinking about filling the hole Dybala’s departure will create.

all the discussion here is hypothetical anyway and we just need to wait until the summer to see what we end up doing.
I'd like him to extend too but I actually like the fact we're not hopeless and we take our time with everyone. We need to be serene and the club always comes first. At this point everything is pretty fragile, so let's see of we'll finish in the top-4 and have the CL cash or not. It's definitely an important factor for our future choices. So like you say, let's wait for the summer idd!

The possible replacement? Well, I don't think he's leaving but we'd play without a seconda punta imo.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Outside of actually watching us play? He's been our best player this season and he was among our best players if not the best during the Sarri year. He has had two bad seasons in his Juventus career, Allegri's last one and last year under Pirlo.
Not sure that proves he hasn't stagnated.

You just said he was really poor in about half the time period being discussed and among the best or the best in seasons where the team sucked. That's Dybala developing/improving?

Your bar for progress is really low.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 103)