Paulo Dybala (214 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Juventus in transition: eight things the Italian superclub should do to get back to the top

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/blo...tus-paulo-dybala-set-to-leavelisten-to-offers

5. Call Dybala's bluff
The Argentine striker has offered glimpses of what he can be: witness Sunday's goal against Roma. That's great, but focus instead on what he is and what he makes. He earned €13.5m last season and reportedly wants a bump to €15m (plus bonuses) through 2026. This is a guy who is 28 and, since 2018, has scored 41 goals in 133 games over three-and-a-half seasons. During that time, he has started less than 50% of Juve's games.
And now, according to reports in Argentina, after Juve postponed contract talks until next month, his agents are ready to talk to other clubs. Fine. Let them. See how many takers there are out there for a guy that age who is injured or unavailable as often as he is. (Oh, and who doesn't really have an obvious role on the pitch unless you build the team around him.) There are no more than 10 clubs in Europe who can even afford to pay that much and virtually all of them have better options already in Dybala's role.
You want to offer a new deal based not on what a player has achieved, but rather what you think he will achieve in the future. Paying Dybala what he's asking for right now means paying him for what he was supposed to achieve in the past, which is even worse.
There's a price at which it makes sense to extend him. If he's willing to commit at that number, great. If not, let him look for new clubs around Europe and save yourself a ton of money.
:oops: :numnum:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Imagine we call his bluff and Beppe calls him up, offering him 8 million + bonuses, and we end up with Scamacca and no one else. We lose arguably our best player to our most hated rivals, and then we have Arrivederci the brute oaf and Chimichanga the perennial negotiator telling us how we have great champions like Kean, Kaio and Turdeski on our roster. Yeah, that's right. Something to definitely look forward to. A new era of mediocrity beckons.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Imagine we call his bluff and Beppe calls him up, offering him 8 million + bonuses, and we end up with Scamacca and no one else. We lose arguably our best player to our most hated rivals, and then we have Arrivederci the brute oaf and Chimichanga the perennial negotiator telling us how we have great champions like Kean, Kaio and Turdeski on our roster. Yeah, that's right. Something to definitely look forward to. A new era of mediocrity beckons.
Scamacca would be Morata or Kean replacement. Dybala replacement imo should be a winger to shift towards 433.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Or imagine Cherubini does what he does and pays 3 players like Locatelli with that salary and still keeps another million in his hands?

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
You can not justify 10 million per year this point... I don't care if inter is lurking, he's being greedy if true.

8 mil and shake hands, mf.
It's not about justifying it or not. It's about honoring an agreement. If Arrivederci had already agreed on a figure and now wants the player to reconsider, that is incredibly unprofessional.

- - - Updated - - -

Or imagine Cherubini does what he does and pays 3 players like Locatelli with that salary and still keeps another million in his hands?
You have faith in management. I don't. I don't see any reason to.

- - - Updated - - -

Scamacca would be Morata or Kean replacement. Dybala replacement imo should be a winger to shift towards 433.
Sure. If you actually think management are going to think about building a team and getting the right pieces.

Like I said, losing Dybala and replacing him with Alvarez and Scamacca/Vlahovic, while selling De Ligt and bringing in Bremer, a top class mid, and a quality LB, then we are trending upwards. I doubt that is going to happen.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Sure. If you actually think management are going to think about building a team and getting the right pieces.

Like I said, losing Dybala and replacing him with Alvarez and Scamacca/Vlahovic, while selling De Ligt and bringing in Bremer, a top class mid, and a quality LB, then we are trending upwards. I doubt that is going to happen.
Well all you can do is hope they get it together and start bringing some stability and long term plan to the team, last summer until the purchase of Kean was a small, small, quarter step in the right direction, even if imo they should be cutting costs much faster.

But if they're as incompetent as you're preaching, Dybala or no Dybala we're fucked either way.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
It's not about justifying it or not. It's about honoring an agreement. If Arrivederci had already agreed on a figure and now wants the player to reconsider, that is incredibly unprofessional.

- - - Updated - - -

You have faith in management. I don't. I don't see any reason to.
If and it's a big if. He's probably extending anyway. There's so much going on we don't know about and it's useless to claim this and that.

I do see a clear line being drawn by our current management and they're very careful with the budget when compared to the last one. So I don't see any reason NOT to be optimistic. We've bought only one player under Bini & Bene, for peanuts and he's our best midfielder by far. At least give them a chance. We all remember Marotta's first summer, right? It takes time to get rolling too...

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
If and it's a big if. He's probably extending anyway. There's so much going on we don't know about and it's useless to claim this and that.

I do see a clear line being drawn by our current management and they're very careful with the budget when compared to the last one. So I don't see any reason NOT to be optimistic. We've bought only one player under Bini & Bene, for peanuts and he's our best midfielder by far. At least give them a chance. We all remember Marotta's first summer, right? It takes time to get rolling too...
I shall try.

Apr 29, 2006
I don't honestly care if he goes to merda. Maybe they could utilize him properly and show us what we did wrong... I like the guy, but his stats are depressing. Especially considering the demands he has. I think we would eventually find something better and saving >20M a season isn't a bad start. On his day he is fantastic, but those days are too far in between.

Brny44

Aug 24, 2020
He is the biggest victim of our BAD management, their bad decisions and now low budget. With quality midfield like (pirlo, marchisio, pogba and vidal) he would truly shine like a diamond. Soo sorry for this poor guy who always gives 100% and understand the meaning of juventus. Forza Paulo, juve don't deserve you.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
He is the biggest victim of our BAD management, their bad decisions and now low budget. With quality midfield like (pirlo, marchisio, pogba and vidal) he would truly shine like a diamond. Soo sorry for this poor guy who always gives 100% and understand the meaning of juventus. Forza Paulo, juve don't deserve you.
What? Did u follow Juve for last 3 years? If anyone is a victim here its Juve. Juve actually tried to offload him 2 years ago, but the guy refused any club. This is also gold phrase:
This is a guy who is 28 and, since 2018, has scored 41 goals in 133 games over three-and-a-half seasons. During that time, he has started less than 50% of Juve's games.
Sorry but this are not stats of 10m net earner, would argue club shouldnt pay 5m net for such stats.
I understand he is liked by many, including me, but club is not to be blamed here. We are in bad state financially, not only because of bad decisions but mainly because of the fucking global crysis. None know what next years will bring and giving this guy what he wants would be really naive from our side. 10m contract for 5 years to a injury prone 28 yo player? While our wage structure will probably be soon capped at 5m net?

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
What? Did u follow Juve for last 3 years? If anyone is a victim here its Juve. Juve actually tried to offload him 2 years ago, but the guy refused any club. This is also gold phrase:
This is a guy who is 28 and, since 2018, has scored 41 goals in 133 games over three-and-a-half seasons. During that time, he has started less than 50% of Juve's games.
Sorry but this are not stats of 10m net earner, would argue club shouldnt pay 5m net for such stats.
I understand he is liked by many, including me, but club is not to be blamed here. We are in bad state financially, not only because of bad decisions but mainly because of the fucking global crysis. None know what next years will bring and giving this guy what he wants would be really naive from our side. 10m contract for 5 years to a injury prone 28 yo player? While our wage structure will probably be soon capped at 5m net?
:rofl: :howler: If that's the case, good luck winning anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 205)