Paulo Dybala (348 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
You can't score if you don't play. Shit, at his age and his soyboy genetics I'm not at all convinced that we will see a top player from him again.

He's a tactical conundrum when he's fit, but he's an even bigger conundrum for the mercato. Are we really going to give him a big contract this summer, or will we cash in on him whilst we still have something left to? If we give him a €10m contract and he's lame then he almost decides our next two seasons before they even kick off, because he takes up funds and squad role, meaning an inferior player has to play in his place, or Kulusevski has to play another season as a support striker, and our attack gets killed by lack of rotation and fitness come February. If we sell him for a discount €30m or whatever and he goes somewhere and is mostly fit and scores 25 goals then we look like the biggest joke in football. Who would be a sporting director?

I've gone from loving to hating Dybala and back again so many times over that I almost stopped caring now. He doesn't work well with Ronaldo, and his fitness is a huge concern. If we go into next season with both him and Ronaldo as the main attackers then I expect more of the same for next season.

I think the people who want Dybala to stay and be the main striker with Ronaldo are doing it out of hope as much as anything else, and fondness for a player who at his best is brilliant and has been decisive for us so many times. I see him staying, but I don't share the same hope that he's going to be that player in this set up. I'd be happy if he could score 12 goals per season in total from now on. I also like our wing-based attack, but we need some variation to go short and link to midfield. How does Cuadrado and Chiesa even work with Ronaldo, Dybala and Morata? 3-4-1-2?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Maybe it's best if both him and Ronaldo leave and we start playing actual wingers in winger positions not strikers as forward/winger hybrid, CM as midfielder/winger hybrid and all the other weird shit we do to accommodate Dybala and Ronaldo in team.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
You can't score if you don't play. Shit, at his age and his soyboy genetics I'm not at all convinced that we will see a top player from him again.

He's a tactical conundrum when he's fit, but he's an even bigger conundrum for the mercato. Are we really going to give him a big contract this summer, or will we cash in on him whilst we still have something left to? If we give him a €10m contract and he's lame then he almost decides our next two seasons before they even kick off, because he takes up funds and squad role, meaning an inferior player has to play in his place, or Kulusevski has to play another season as a support striker, and our attack gets killed by lack of rotation and fitness come February. If we sell him for a discount €30m or whatever and he goes somewhere and is mostly fit and scores 25 goals then we look like the biggest joke in football. Who would be a sporting director?

I've gone from loving to hating Dybala and back again so many times over that I almost stopped caring now. He doesn't work well with Ronaldo, and his fitness is a huge concern. If we go into next season with both him and Ronaldo as the main attackers then I expect more of the same for next season.

I think the people who want Dybala to stay and be the main striker with Ronaldo are doing it out of hope as much as anything else, and fondness for a player who at his best is brilliant and has been decisive for us so many times. I see him staying, but I don't share the same hope that he's going to be that player in this set up. I'd be happy if he could score 12 goals per season in total from now on. I also like our wing-based attack, but we need some variation to go short and link to midfield. How does Cuadrado and Chiesa even work with Ronaldo, Dybala and Morata? 3-4-1-2?
Completely agree with you, I've always thought Dybala's main headache was fitting him in. He doesn't fit in a 4-3-3 and with Ronaldo on the team its literally impossible. You need somebody with presence in the box because Ronaldo likes to be everywhere and Dybala doesn't fit in the box. He also lacks the necessary work rate to be used as a trequartista. You can afford to have one luxury player who's free of certain responsibilities and as long as Ronaldo is here then that will always be him.

At this point selling him and reinvesting that money on a proper creative midfielder like Aouar or Pogba seems like the best idea. However if Ronaldo leaves then Dybala should stay.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
i will counter your arguments.

how we know he doesn't fit in a 4-3-3 when he hasn't even been tried there.

i am not talking about a winger. i am talking about him as a striker.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Completely agree with you, I've always thought Dybala's main headache was fitting him in. He doesn't fit in a 4-3-3 and with Ronaldo on the team its literally impossible. You need somebody with presence in the box because Ronaldo likes to be everywhere and Dybala doesn't fit in the box. He also lacks the necessary work rate to be used as a trequartista. You can afford to have one luxury player who's free of certain responsibilities and as long as Ronaldo is here then that will always be him.

At this point selling him and reinvesting that money on a proper creative midfielder like Aouar or Pogba seems like the best idea. However if Ronaldo leaves then Dybala should stay.
He isn't fitting in, neither is fit enough to play proper football.

This isn't e-sports, where you can look chubby while moving a mouse, you need to actually move by yourself and stay healthy.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
He isn't fitting in, neither is fit enough to play proper football.

This isn't e-sports, where you can look chubby while moving a mouse, you need to actually move by yourself and stay healthy.
Yes. Dybala thinks he deserves 15 mil just because he scores some domestic goals and has a "cool" celebration that kids copy.

He's one of those "do bare minumum" kinda players. James was like that and Real told him to GTFO.
They actively shit on Bale too; if Bale had won what he did for Real at Juve we would worship the guy even if he never played again. But no, they demand 100% dedicationd and results all the time every time.

This. This is why we cant break that barrier between being a good club and being the top elite.

Weve bought into this bullshit family atmosphere where we're supposed to love and support our players uncontidionally. Enough. Grow some balls, boo and boot them when they suck.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Maybe it's best if both him and Ronaldo leave and we start playing actual wingers in winger positions not strikers as forward/winger hybrid, CM as midfielder/winger hybrid and all the other weird shit we do to accommodate Dybala and Ronaldo in team.
Selling both in the same summer is a hard pass.

Tricky situation to be in. One is ageing but still gives you goals. The other has the talent but not showing the consistency that is required for a club of this standard.

I honestly don't mind selling him but as I've said before I'm super doubtful about seeing a 'top team' take a chance on him especially for the sum we might demand.

Lancelot

Oct 24, 2011
With which team?

If he has to leave, it will probably be to a team weaker than ours like a Milan level team or something.

Can't see any big club taking a chance on him at this point.
There are lots clubs out there.
Barca took the chance on Pjanic so I see no reason why anybody would refuse to sign our mvp from last season and world's biggest talent from 6 years ago

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
There are lots clubs out there.
Barca took the chance on Pjanic so I see no reason why anybody would refuse to sign our mvp from last season
Pjanić was atleast playing regularly and was still the best midfielder among our bad/inconsistent bunch.
Why would last season's stats matter when he's barely featured this season?

Lancelot

Oct 24, 2011
Literally there is not reasonable explanation why we should do that.
He has been injured all season long, he is inconsistent, very expensive and is demanding improved contract, double of what he is earning atm. He has never reached that super star level even though he always had support from the fans, team mates, media and most importantly the management
He has always underlerformed in the CL and been average in Seria mostly due to his inconsistencies.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
He has never reached that super star level even though he always had support from the fans, team mates, media and most importantly the menagemant.
What the fuck are you clowning on about. The management have alienated him from the team ever since we signed Ronaldo. He's played with mediocre midfielders behind him for most of his time at Juve. He's also constantly outscored his xG every season (meaning he scores more goals than the quality of chances he gets)

If he actually got the support you think he gets, we wouldn't have signed a star player who is incompatible with him, and would have signed better midfielders than fucking Bentancur to create chances for him.

Also, it's fucking hilarious that you clown complain about Dybala's wages when a guy that is making more than four times as much as him was the worst player on the pitch yesterday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 329)