Paulo Dybala (108 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Truth be said, Bayern don't sign the likes of Messi, Ronaldo or Neymar. But then it's good football is a team sport and Bayern for a long time had one of the best teams the world. And it's not like we didn't have star players between those different eras, but the team was always the most important thing - it's similar to Liverpool under Klopp.

I don't think our treble was forgotten like you said because every season we had to listen to the media saying how it would be a failure if we didn't win the treble again, there were so much focus on exactly this.

Will the oil clubs surpass us in popularity? I don't know, maybe if we turn into Milan or Inter but I doubt that will happen. As long as we continue to do well in the CL then it won't change imo.

Some people might want to see healthy competition but at the end of the day is there only one thing that matters and that is winning. I don't think Liverpool fans wanted to wait 30 years between their latest league title just because of healthy competition.

Could the Bundesliga have benefited from a rival equal to Bayerns size and stature? No doubt, but pretty much all German teams have been outright amateurs in regards of how to successfully build up a football club based on continuity.
Bro, dont take this popularity shit too sensitively, like I said it's not even Bayern's fault. Believe me, every single one of us would rather have your number of CL titles over our global appeal.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
As a fellow Scandinavian, its obvious its EPL/Barca/Real first, but then clear and most wide spread 3rd is Serie A teams. I known and met countless Serie A fans here, Juve and Milan mainly, and few sprinkled out for the rest of the league, Inter, Roma, Fioretina etc.

But never ever met or talked to a Bundesliga fan in all my life in Sweden. Except one time, a Borussia Dortmund fan. They were his second team. His first team was Fiorentina.

Team success has nothing to do with it, but truthfully its hard to see Bundesliga have a sustained support internationally like Serie A sides have had, barely know anyone who regularly watch their league etc. Its another matter compared to the many who grew up with Serie A etc. While Bundesliga team exposure mainly been the CL games, or watching eurosport euro goal highlights etc.

Even online, I think the bayern fans posting in this forum is one of the rare encounters I had with bundesliga fans who aren't German (im 20 years member of XT, international forum for all sides, and primarily the Bundesliga fans there were germans or balkan posters who live there etc).

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
People underestimate just how big Serie A used to be. And for the longest time was the only league with 3 global super clubs of equal prestige (with MU, Pool in Eng; Real, Barça in Spain, and only Bayern in Ger).

Calciopoli and years of mediocrity that followed made it lose it's appeal and popularity to EPL and LaLiga but it is and probably will be a top 3 league in football forever.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Again, Elvins original point was Bayern were little kids ambition wise.

The Bundesliga/league discussion this turns into now is merely moving goalposts from his shitty post, as it has nothing to do with their ambition.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Again, Elvins original point was Bayern were little kids ambition wise.

The Bundesliga/league discussion this turns into now is merely moving goalposts from his shitty post, as it has nothing to do with their ambition.
I admitted to that phrase being wrong, but no one admitted that suggesting switching to Bayern over Juve for wanting more intl trophies was also wrong.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
I think it's fair to say that all this is based on assumptions and not facts, so @Elvin unless you can back it up that Juventus, Milan and Inter have more appeal than Bayern then I will just take it for what it is - assumptions. :p

I said it myself that Juventus have been in the top flight for longer than Bayern, I made it clear that Serie A historically have been a superior league to the Bundesliga, no doubt.

But this thing about Bayern having less appeal than these mentioned clubs, I simply don't see it. You have to understand that just because you lack a natural domestic rival does it not mean you can't have a great appeal, just take a look at PSG for instance. The only thing that matters in terms of appeal is one and only one thing; winning, winning, winning and winning. You can disagree about this but as long as you stay at the top will you always be an attractive club both for players and fans.

CL is along with PL the biggest window for succes in terms of marketing (bar individual players). And as Bayern have been so consistent in the CL for a very long time did it make up for the less competitive and attractive German league, hence Bayern always had a big appeal worldwide because they were shown in the TV against the best clubs from other parts of Europe pretty much every year.

- - - Updated - - -

@BayernFan Do you think Dybala is kinda Gotze type of player?
In terms of talent or?

- - - Updated - - -

As a fellow Scandinavian, its obvious its EPL/Barca/Real first, but then clear and most wide spread 3rd is Serie A teams. I known and met countless Serie A fans here, Juve and Milan mainly, and few sprinkled out for the rest of the league, Inter, Roma, Fioretina etc.

But never ever met or talked to a Bundesliga fan in all my life in Sweden. Except one time, a Borussia Dortmund fan. They were his second team. His first team was Fiorentina.

Team success has nothing to do with it, but truthfully its hard to see Bundesliga have a sustained support internationally like Serie A sides have had, barely know anyone who regularly watch their league etc. Its another matter compared to the many who grew up with Serie A etc. While Bundesliga team exposure mainly been the CL games, or watching eurosport euro goal highlights etc.

Even online, I think the bayern fans posting in this forum is one of the rare encounters I had with bundesliga fans who aren't German (im 20 years member of XT, international forum for all sides, and primarily the Bundesliga fans there were germans or balkan posters who live there etc).
Funny how it can be so different from Denmark to Sweden.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
In terms of talent or?
Overall talent, position on the field, style of play and expectations as younger players, the early peak and later fall. Plus inability to be consistent and somewhat lacking a strong mentality.

Even though I think Gotze is the better player but Dybala has been given much more chances.

Last edited:

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
PSG have built their appeal by buying marketable superstars.
Bayern take a different approach to their recruiting. Nothing wrong in that. But even Rummenigge will admit that Bundesliga is stunting their growth which is why he's also incidentally among the first ones to push for a super league.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Overall talent, position on the field, style of play and expectations as younger players, the early peak and later fall. Plus inability to be consistent and somewhat lacking a strong mentality.
I haven't watched enough Juventus games to be able to make a fair comparison and Götze today is not even a shadow of what he was back in the day - but I can try to give an opinion.

To me it seems Dybala is much better at striking the ball, be it from distance or free kicks. Götze seemed to have better close control of the ball and better dribbling skills, more flair so to speak in tight spaces. I still remember a goal he scored against CSKA Moscow in 2013, that was insane and showed which talent he had.
I'll give you a link to the goal in the Bundesliga thread.

In terms of pure talent/mentality? Today it's obviously Dybala as Götze totally dissapeared. But when he first broke through in Dortmund he looked to be the next big thing, greater than Dybala I would say.

Götze scored in the WC final and he will always be remembered for that even if his career has gone more than south since 2016.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
I haven't watched enough Juventus games to be able to make a fair comparison and Götze today is not even a shadow of what he was back in the day - but I can try to give an opinion.

To me it seems Dybala is much better at striking the ball, be it from distance or free kicks. Götze seemed to have better close control of the ball and better dribbling skills, more flair so to speak in tight spaces. I still remember a goal he scored against CSKA Moscow in 2013, that was insane and showed which talent he had.
I'll give you a link to the goal in the Bundesliga thread.

In terms of pure talent/mentality? Today it's obviously Dybala as Götze totally dissapeared. But when he first broke through in Dortmund he looked to be the next big thing, greater than Dybala I would say.

Götze scored in the WC final and he will always be remembered for that even if his career has gone more than south since 2016.
Yeah, but today they are definitely on the same level of disappointment. And he is only 28, damn.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
He still had a good season and scored important goals. Id argue that Ronaldo was our real mvp but Dybala wasnt far off.
He had 11 goals and 11 assists for 33 games.

Duvan Zapata got 18 goals and 7 assists in 28 games.
Josip Ilicic got 15 goals and 8 assists in 26 games.
Immobile - 36 goals and 8 assists in 37 games
Ronaldo - 31 goals and 6 assists in 33 games.

How was Dybala MVP of the season? His award is a complete BS.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Overrated overhyped German talent who had 1, maybe 2 good years in his teens at best. The Cassano of Germany. Although tbf Cassano did look good in his late twenties for a brief while.
I just dont understand Dybala vs Goetze comparison. Dybala scored close to 100 goals here and had a good season last year. Currently going through rough patch and struggling with injury but he is far from finished player like Goetze.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
He had 11 goals and 11 assists for 33 games.

Duvan Zapata got 18 goals and 7 assists in 28 games.
Josip Ilicic got 15 goals and 8 assists in 26 games.
Immobile - 36 goals and 8 assists in 37 games
Ronaldo - 31 goals and 6 assists in 33 games.

How was Dybala MVP of the season? His award is a complete BS.
Are those numbers of a finished football player? Because you compared his situation to Goetze. Also Dybala didnt play as a striker like those above. Due to our poor midfield, he is very much involved in build up and often has to drop deep.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 104)